1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy Sh*t - Someone might be interested in trading for John Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Mar 5, 2021.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah with draft picks strapped on him. Anyway I'm not trading John Wall for anything less than cap space relief. No matching garbage coming back.

I'd rather he stay and play next year than get back garbage players that aren't young.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wall has 2 negatives right now here in Houston as the "franchise player." Fatal flaws if you will.

1. He practically makes the same amount of money as our previous franchise player.
    2. He is not nearly as good as the previous franchise player. Not even close. In a sense, the expectations are unfair because he'll never live up to them.

I honestly think if he was making like 25 million and would keep his ego in check, he would've been better received and potentially better embraced by the fanbase here. He's also become a ball hog and hard to watch, but is that because he's lost faith in his teammates' abilities to score? He does play hard and he is averaging 21 points and 6 assists per game. I can easily imagine plugging him into a different situation and him flourishing. He would certainly be a difference-maker in Miami with Butler and Bam, especially if he embraces being a pass-first guy again. He defends and I think he fits the profile of what they say they want. A hard-nosed, hard-working guy that doesn't back down from a challenge. He is showing that he is physically back from the injuries. He cannot be your number 1 player though and for that reason alone, his contract is disgusting and what makes him an unattractive trade target for most teams more than his on-court play.

Amel, clutchdabear and FrontRunner like this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because if the size of that contract you'd have to take a ton of someone else's trash back in return. You just hope some of it would be off the books well before Wall's deal ends.

Newlin and groovemachine like this.
  4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The problem is we would almost surely have to take another bad contract back

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That term was retired when we moved Ryan Anderson :D

RocketsMAN!, clos4life and payaso like this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I heard he oozes gravy. On Wall though, if we can lose him without having to attach a pick I'd do it in a heartbeat. Just no Nunn please.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Which of those guys do you think is a better player right now? Wall or Oladipo?

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Get him out of here please. A package of a bunch of expiring contracts would be freaking glorious. Please so it.

I can stomach Victor Oladipo being in the Rockets future plans if we can get rid of John Wall. Come on Baby Jesus, I want Christmas to come in March for us.

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

thought hed be a good fit for the heat tbh.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Imagine this already abysmal offense after swapping Wall for Miami’s expirings.

We instantly go from tacitly tanking to full blown Tankasaurus Rex. Listen to us roar while score 70 points per game lol

And, honestly, I’m here for it :D

verse, Corrosion, Wulaw Horn and 6 others like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How about this fam?

Walltrade.png

Tom Thibeadou would love another veteran player for the Knicks. And it makes sense for two players that are not even playing.

Fantasma Negro and lakersuck2 like this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Would take a 2nd for Wall

Rocket River likes this.
  13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I speculate a potential scenario would be taking less for Ola if they get wall as well. Just wonder if they have enough expiring deals to take them both on? Maybe expirings and one first for both of them?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't think it's fair for national sportswriters to get us all three-quarter chubbed like this.

Wall's contract for his production is gigantic. If someone wants to take it on for mostly expirings, I'm down. But I'm not going to perk up too much, unless we ask, say, @ch44 "is it twue what dey say about....?" and he answers, "It's twue, it's twue, it's twue" (Madeline Kahn, "Blazing Saddles").

But he hasn't posted since January 15th, so...........

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can someone please post the context in which Haberstroh made this claim? It's behind a TrueHoop paywall. I strongly suspect it is just him throwing **** out there; that he is not reporting any actual interest from a team in acquiring John Wall.

Please post the context and correct me if I'm wrong.

16. SRR21

SRR21 Member

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dragic and Iguodala?

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lord have mercy If I have to watch Austin Rivers on the Rockets again. Please LAWD NO. Anyone but that douchebag.

19. ClutchCity9495

Not that Wall has been bad here, but his age and contract make perfect sense to be traded during a rebuild and if you have faith and trust that Porter is to be trusted as your point guard. We have no depth and no other PG with Exum out still. And if Oladipo/Gordon traded you have no one. Sterling Brown closest thing. I think all players but Wood, Porter, KJ, and Tate should be up for a trade. This is a deep draft and I want anything we can get back to have picks and hope more we draft and see what we throw that sticks. As much suffering we are going through on the court, we are getting a form of elation on trades and the draft/offseason. We never get to be excited about the draft. Also with a deep draft, more picks we get, more tradeable assets we have to either move up or to trade for other players. This is great news and a sign we are going full tank rebuild. Also for the love of God, please sign Brooks. We have been running a system that needs shooters and even brought trash players like Frazier for a look. Brooks leads that league 3 point shooting which we need, he is inexpensive and a Kelvin Sampson player, which means he plays Defense. He is not a star, but think could be a good bench role player and an upgrade over McLemore from the standpoint he plays better defense.

sydmill likes this.
  20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Ship out Wall, call up KPJ, and let’s have some FUN!

hakeem94 likes this.