1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] WandaVision (Vision and Scarlet Witch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

watch it on 2x speed. Feige trolling.

Jontro likes this.
  2. psaman17

psaman17 Member

That was the best episode of Dragon Ball Z i've ever seen.

tehG l i d e and DreamShook like this.
  3. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Only thing i dont understand is the Agnes thing at the end of Episode 9. At the end of the episode, Wanda used her power to mind control and transform Agnes into a walking talking mindless Westview Puppet. But we also witness everything inside Westview collapsing because Wanda decided to "let go". Doesn't that mean Agnes should be back to normal as well? Whats the point of that then?

4. Beezy

Beezy Member

MCU has now done two Quicksilvers dirty.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Exactly. They HAD to know that would piss people off. How do you not know?

Why would you even use Peters for that?

The director was one of the most wooden villains in the MCU.

How they resolved Vision vs Vision was cool, but then "the Vision" just peacing after he got his memories made no ****ing sense.

It was literally an excuse for Wanda to be able to say "goodbye" to fake vision without confusing everyone.

Good show, very OKAY ending.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's still worth watching. Just temper your expectations for the finale.

STR8Thugg, Jontro and DreamShook like this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This confused me too, the way I understand it -- she'll be living in the actual town among the populus, but "playing her role" as the "nosey neighbor". Forever.

Aka, until they need an excuse for her to either:
    A) Be a villain for Wanda
    B) Teach Wanda more magic

At least they didn't kill her off.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Don't forget y'all. 2 credit scenes (One mid, one end).

Xerobull likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marvel shouldn't get a pass with all the trolling the actors and the casting did IMO. Marvel knows they got us by the bawls and proved it. I want more Marvel slander for they just did, lol.

Dont get me wrong, the show was fine, but man, come on.. Marvel trolled us hard for no reason. We were all going to watch.. smh.

#309 DreamShook, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you read my other comments, I did anything but give them a pass. Like I said, it's worth watching. Just temper expectations. I definitely had a lot of issues with the finale.

Okay ending (just okay), good show, not great.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

im in the minority, but i thought the show was boring. also the Maria Rambo character/actor was awful. no charisma. Hopefully they don't try to build off her character.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These are like little movies between the movies
    I enjoyed it for what it was
    They are not the spectacle the movies are. . . nor would I expect them to be
    The fun of the modern entertainment is the speculation and internet conversations
    more interactive than ever . . .and no show will ever match the imaginations of the audience

That said. . . I am not disappoint
    I thought it was a great show!

Rocket River

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was pretty good, but could've been a lot better.

The side characters were just awful besides Agatha.

They did Quicksilver dirty.

There's no reason (outside of Benedict Cumberbatch's price tag and availability to shoot a Disney+ TV show) why Dr. Strange wouldn't have showed up to sort things out.

That said, there were enough good things to where I'd still recommend watching it.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah that's why i won't let them win. I'll watch it eventually, but this season had like maybe 2-3 good episodes at best. the 1st 4 was a meh-fest.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why did Heyward shoot at the kids? What was his end goal, besides making White Vision?

I feel like Heyward was the biggest misstep of the whole series. It's fine to include him as an 'earthbound' villain for Monica/Jimmy/Darcy, but it'd be like having some low-level thief teaming up with Thanos. Just really low stakes, since you know the Thanos / Agnes villain story will get more traction.

They should have gotten WAY more from the SWORD organization. Obviously the story is about Wanda/Vision/Agnes, but since SWORD should be a fixture in Captain Marvel, this felt like a missed opportunity.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think if you view the show from the lens of -- "in-between-movie-filler" -- you get a clearer idea of the end goal. It's not the main event, but it gives fans their fix in between the major tentpoles, maintains eyes on the brand, and whets the appetite to spend more money on their movies or more disney+.

I think this show establishes SWORD, and that there are good and bad sides to the organization.
    Also, it further establishes that there are random Skrulls high in government organizations.
    I think they will deep dive in Captain Marvel 2 like you mentioned.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I havent seen the last episode yet. but i thought it was boring also. the premise was decently good. and the parts that had some action were good. but otherwise i started only paying half attention.

and to the poster that said marvel was trolling? how so??

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thought it was okay. The Vision Wanda moment paid off the most.

This sets the tone of what to expect for the other Disney+ shows.
    - Doesn't rock the boat with the movies (at most, some Agents of Shield nods), but I guess Vision coming back is huge...
    - More fan servicey-like commercials for the movies.
    - Hundred million dollar+ budgets

A lot better than the netflix shows that had budget and licensing constraints...

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did anyone else get Disney Princess vibes at the end?

Ziggy likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Feige is a supreme Marvel nerd. He knew what a casting of Evan Peters would do to the people that watch endless amounts of Easter Eggs. He knew speculation would run wild. Feige leaned into the bullsh*t for it all to be nothing. Then you have actors on the show saying there is going to be a Luke Skywalker level cameo. They whipped us up into a frenzy when they didn't have to do this at all.

Unnecessary trolling from Marvel to a fanbase that already worships at their alter.

I mean, fans are fine just watching this show so they are caught up.

I even forgot about the person Monica was supposed to meet ended up being an absolute nobody too. I Think there is a reason Falcon and the Winter Soldier is coming out so fast; Marvel knows they were trolling there is no time to reflect on it. On to the next series.

#320 DreamShook, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    seclusion and peleincubus like this.