1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/4zJUuhvAR

This has been mention before.
    Your basically giving good role players to other teams for picks and future youngers, and getting back players who need playing time on crappy team.
    Bol Bol would fit well here, Lenard would be nice backup. Precious would been really nice around Wood. 2 first rd picks!

All the Dream lovers would be all over Bol Bol calling him Dream Lite lol. Would be fun to watch during the tank Era!
    Seems like a no Brainer trade, and nuggets would love to dump Harris.

This has rockets go now all over it. If the cap is the problem all rockets have to do is send back the cash to make it even as it adds even. Rockets save .1 M On trade.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just do not trade him to any team who's FRP we have.

So NO to the Bucks and Heat.

saleem likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope Stone proves me wrong.

There are still major moves to make, FRP should not be only goal.

Picks dont play, players do.

No Worries and Mr Woods like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. markelliott1997

Don’t have an offer to add in here but just wanted to say I’d cry tears of joy if we can get MPJ on this team

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I am not going to try and talk you into Knox. You dont like him, that's fine. I am not a Kevin Knox fan (other than his mom, who is?). But I see him as a potential get for some of the Rockets misfit pieces and a guy who might have a fit on this team.

First of all, I dont know where the idea that he wasnt a projected lottery pick is coming from. Guy was pretty well regarded after a standout freshman year at Kentucky and he has a solid physical profile. 6'9'', 215 lbs with a 7' wingspan and 9' standing reach were his numbers coming out. Those measurements compare favorably with guys like Pascal Siakam and Jayson Tatum. While he is nowhere near as good as those guys I mention them only to reinforce the idea that he has good size and length. He is also not a slouch as an athlete boasting a 36 inch vertical and good mobility at his size. He also has a pretty good jump shot for a big as he has shot 34%, 33% and 39% from deep in his 3 seasons in the NBA.

His downfall is between the ears and the way that he has been used in NYK. Poor shot selection and basketball IQ are a major thing that separates him from being an above average player. It also doesnt help that the Knicks play him more at the 3 than 4. While he is good enough as an athlete to play the 3, he doesnt have the athleticism advantage on the perimeter and playing out there gives him more opportunities for bad shots and poor decisions. As a 4 he might be giving up some size (mostly strength given his length) but he would have a quickness and explosive advantage. Also, playing closer to the basket would, hopefully, reduce the bad shots you disdain.

I think that Knox could fit on the Rockets as a backup 4. We arent talking about a guy that would change the course of the team but rather a 15-20 minute backup who should be able to outclass the other team's reserve athletically. He would need to accept his role as a hustle guy (which hopefully he has been humbled in NY after falling out of the rotation). These 3 things I think address his biggest weakness (shot selection and IQ). Having an athletic advantage, playing closer in where he makes fewer decisions and getting his numbers in the course of the offense and on hustle plays all would I think give him the opportunity to be an effective player here that he hasnt been there. As an aside, in his rookie year (age 19 season) as a 4 he averaged 13 and 5 (on, admittedly, poor shooting. So I get the chucker accusation).

9. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -0.1 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -0.8 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Montrezl Harrell
    27 year old, 6-8, 240 lb F from Louisville
    13.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Alex Caruso
    27 year old, 6-5, 186 lb G from Texas A&M
    5.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.4 apg in 19.9 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] P.J. Tucker
    35 year old, 6-6, 245 lb SF from Texas
    4.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 30.0 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    27 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M
    9.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 27.3 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Ben McLemore
    28 year old, 6-5, 195 lb SG from Kansas
    6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.5 minutes in 2020-2021

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Me too! But I think we blew our chance of that when we traded Harden. He was easily best prospect we coulda got back.

I am so high on MPJ. Someone that big with that shooting touch can't not succeed in the new NbA.

D-rock and markelliott1997 like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is one of the better trade ideas I have seen thrown out there. Good job.

D-rock and Grizzlyshark like this.
  13. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I’ve said this before and I’ll say this here again. MPJ is absolutely available and can easily be had by the Rockets. The Nuggets like him but are not sold on him becoming what they envisioned when they drafted him. Jokic and MPJ just don’t mesh well for some reason. He needs a tanking team to really unlock his potential much like the Sonics team that drafted Durant. I’ve discussed why the Nuggets will move him if they get the right offer. Gary Harris absolutely will be tied to him but for us he becomes a John Wall like rehabilitation project and hopefully becomes a desirable contract next year as his last year isn’t guaranteed. We have the assets to get this done and I doubt it takes more than one FRP.

18pbr likes this.
  14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'll admit, I'm a bit too hard on him because there's nothing I hate worse than low IQ players. The Russ experiment was suffering to me. And Knox is among the lowest IQ players out there. BUT I am 10000% on board with the distressed asset buy low strategy. Gimme Lauri, Monk, Culver, Hampton, Ntilikina, Tyrrell Terry, Doumbouya, Isaiah Stewart, Bamba, Troy Browne, Zhaire Smith, Jason Hayes, Kira Lewis Jr., etc etc etc. Just not Knox cause his scrubness is solidified imo. But then if he was the throw in in a deal where we also get picks, sure why not. Just give us the privilege of cutting him at training camp in a few years rather than someone else doing it.

sydmill likes this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I'd give them Oladipo and a first for Harris and mpj. I throw in tucker into their trade exception. MPJ would average 30+ a game on this team.

18pbr likes this.
  16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Even if he would, we aren't giving away firsts. We are accumulating them.

It is fairly unlikely that Stone gives up a first IMO.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

New Orleans has a pair of early 2nd rounders, both under 40 I believe
    I think the Knicks say No. Dallas has been very inconsistent this year and Porzingis is very injury prone. It's not far fetched that the Mavs pick could be a lottery and the Knicks pick could be late teens. If you combine, them a team could maybe move into the top 7 by offering say, 11 and 19. Is a half season of a chucking Oladipo worth a top 7 pick, or even top 10 pick? Then you have to factor in that the Mavs pick is unprotected and it could be Kyrie 2.0 when the Clippers botched that trade. I think the Mavs pick alone would be a homerun for Oladipo.

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I think you are wrong here. I think Stone will use 1sts the correct way, not just attaching them to bad contracts to get rid of them.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

we would never draft a player as good as him with those picks. We should definitely do it.

D-rock likes this.
  20. rockets13champs

TRADES I WANT DONE:

knicks: Oladipo
    Rockets: Frank Ntilikina, Knox, FRP

ROCKETS/BUCKS
    DJ Wilson + Bryn Forbes + 2RP For TUCKER

Rockets/76ers:

danny green + FRP for Eric Gordon

Lakers: Ben McLemore for Dudley and 2RP

Walk away with 2 FRP, 2-3 2RP

WOOD/Patton