1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj - Gordon picking up significant trade interest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Mar 4, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I hate people that just look at all the bad and never remember the big moments. I love EG and I love PJ and they will always be Rockets to me and an important part of our team's history.

hahachui, gotsis, HoustonCRT and 16 others like this.
  2. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

yessir, these two were part of the core that almost eliminated arguably the best team in this generation, all at their prime. I don't know any other team that would've given that GSW problems, than our houston rockets.

darksoul35, ksny15, vator and 5 others like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Eric Gordon has literally been considered in trade talks damn near every year he’s been here

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

been having too mcuh fun

5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Why so many here dogging Gordon all of sudden? We all knew what his game entails. If you expected him to be a superstar performer then it is your problem and not his. Geez so quick to put someone down just because the overall team is on the losing side this year.

Either way, if the Rockets can get something meaningful out of Gordon and Tucker then it would be the most optimal outcome.

6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

We gonna miss the unforgettable round face

mikol13 and HP3 like this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Wesley Mathews is washed. He’s been on contenders based on reputation but he has hardly nothing left in the tank.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dallas might trade for him watch.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thank God and tell the team to take Tucker also

ak99999 likes this.
  10. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I love how everyone becomes experts as to why there was no interest in Gordon at the start of the season when it’s not rocket science to understand.
    Every NBA team comes into a new season with extremely high hopes of making the PO, making some post season noise, and/or making the finals and possibly winning it all. However, it doesn’t always turn out that way for half the league.
    Teams usually find out around AS week if they will be sellers or buyers. Teams for the most part have their “starting season rosters” set which is why most if not all teams are NOT looking to make more moves right b4 the season starts unless it’s for a superstar. Doesn’t mean interest won’t be their for x player, it just means that most teams want to see where their team stands at the halfway point, evaluate the roster to see what it lacks, and go search for that missing player they need. In Gordon’s case I’m sure Houston wasn’t looking to move him until they saw where the team stood and now that they see how bad this team is they’ve all the sudden entertained trade offers for basically everyone.
    I’m almost certain PJ, Oladipo, Gordon, and possibly Nwaba will all be moved by the deadline to make room for the younger guys.

11. hakeemthagreat

Of course it does. Everybody praising Harden for giving us all he could, but that's not true. There were multiple playoff series he quit.

ak99999 and CVcrew like this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

delete post

13. rockets13champs

There’s no way we trading EG for trash

D-rock likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

also Wesley Matthew’s makes $3.6 million on an expiring deal. EG makes $17 million.

if there were no better trades and there was some way to swap EG fir Matthew’s plus a pick or two they’d do it.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this seems like an obvious leak by stone to drum up interest where there isn't any.

everyone knows Woj is who everyone leaks to. he didn't mention any specific teams that are interested. its just stone saying he's on the market and everyone wants him so come get him before you miss out.

again I'd look to take on bad contracts for the right price. his contract is pretty bad so I'd imagine we have to take a worse one to extract any value. maybe gordon and expiring contracts for love if they throw in okoro or future picks.

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Please show were I justified anything or STFU.

I get as frustrated as anybody when he turns it over but I appreciate how hard he plays even when he is "not having fun"

And for the record I think his resigning was a mistake would have liked to use that money on youth and length.

Unlike you keyboard basketball expert I can criticize as well as appreciate, it's not Allstar or scrub for me.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That’s not a remotely realistic trade. It’s fine, if we trade Eric it will be for more than anyone here except maybe me anticipates. They aren’t dumping him, he’s generating real interest and has been for over a month.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yeah, Gordon will bring a better return than people think. I think he brings back a decent younger player and a pick. It won't be a monster haul to be sure, but it will be better than a lot of people think. He has value, especially to a contender.

D-rock, Plowman and treyk3 like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

His health and play has completely changed his contract value. Like we saw with CP3 or what we are seeing with Tobias Harris.

D-rock, hakeem94 and Aruba77 like this.
  20. rockets13champs

Lakers have 0 picks LOL and they are already over the tax

D-rock likes this.