1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Tilman sold the team BUT....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 4, 2021.

?

If the Rockets moved....

1. It would suck, but I will always be a diehard fan

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. I would only be a fan if they kept the Rockets name

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. I would root for another NBA team

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. I would quit being a fan of any team, just watch random games

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. I would quit the NBA altogether

31 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

For the past 5-6 years I only watch the Rockets anyway. Once they're out I quit watching.

I have no interest in following a team I don't have a history with.

Blatz, DatRocketFan, hakeem94 and 6 others like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I would be a casual Vegas Rocket fan until Silver awards Houston a new expansion team funded by Cal Mcnair’s $3 billion.

Houstunna, BamBam and Mr Woods like this.
  4. juanming

juanming Member

I live in Vegas now (moved from htown 2016).. i wud LUV the rockets here .I'm wearing my rockets shorts everywhere Even now as I post

I am NOT embarrassed to show them off since we suck..in fact had one guy just last week say "nice shorts"

In Sept during the Lakers series one stranger came up to me in walmart and said " I'm rooting for u guys against the Lakers) this was the day after we won game one

We got the raiders but I still root for the Texans(sort of lol)

But, with all the money in Vegas the raiders stadium is AMAZING and now slowly I'm migrating from a Texans fan to raiders .we wud have the best NBA fan base right off the BAT (Vegas fans are WILD for the golden knights and wnba and raiders, bumper stickers EVERYWHERE)..we have the best wnba team AND hockey tea (wen both healthy) and in talks to get a mlb and NBA(I pray it's the rockets sorry guys)

Don't worry silver wud definitely hook u guys up with a new team

I know it's not going to happen..I don't like tilman , but man I luv Vegas ..can't afford league pass and I hate watching the slow lag of streaming games , so I haven't watched a rockets game since last playoffs (just watch highlights now)

I do think tilman will sell in a couple years.. hopefully they stay in Houston I guess cuz I still root for the teams team's I grew up with Astros/oilers(whoops I mean Texans)

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I’ve never been more angry about a hypothetical scenario than this one. Reminds me of having a bad dream and waking up pissed off, upset, or scared and having to really remind yourself that it wasn’t real.

I refuse to participate in this thought experiment any further because it’s pissing me off just thinking about it lol. I would be infuriated.

They took the Oilers, they took Astroworld and left us the sh**y Texans and the Kemah Boardwalk in their places. I’ll be damned if they take my Rockets too!

6. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Sheesh! We need a trade and fast. We’re really reaching for content in here.

BamBam and payaso like this.
  7. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

After the Oilers "greatest choke in playoff history" and then the move to Tennessee, I never adopted another favorite football team. I am not a Texans or Titans fan. It definitely feels like I am taking a break from the Rockets now which would probably be permanent if they moved. Last time I took a little break from the Rockets was when they traded Cassell and Horry for Barkley. I stopped watching for a couple of seasons (except for playoffs). I cant watch right now. Hey, Are the Nets on tonight?

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

This is dumb af. The NBA isn’t leave Houston period.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dumb thread.

Quit worrying like a b**** and enjoy life

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

god this board is so depressing lol

harold bingo, hakeem94 and Patience like this.
  11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

?

BamBam likes this.
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Since I'm not from Houston, or live in Houston, their location doesn't mean as much to me as it does to many of you. However I was around to watch them win championships in Houston. all of my basketball gear has always said Houston. it would be weird, but I'd get used to it. it would be worse if they got rid of the name rockets, but again I'd probably get used to it and continue to follow them.

I mean big picture who/what are we actually rooting for? I was rooting for Morey and harden to prove the haters wrong. they're not here. I can't really bring myself to root for Tilman anyway. I have no ties yet to stone or Silas. no one really represents the face of the franchise right now. there is no big time player, coach, GM, or likable owner that people associate with as part of the reason they are a fan of this team. I think the only thing holding some people is the fact that this team represents your city, so if they move that's probably the last straw. maybe if they moved cities with morey and harden some people would still be fans.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There would be literally no reason for me to root for them.

And another new franchise in Houston in its place wouldn't be the same because the Rockets are one of the more storied and accomplished franchises in the league. I don't want that history to leave Houston.

I don't even live in Houston anymore but it was were I was born and raised so I'll always have that attachment.

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I’ve already done this once with the Oilers and no longer care about or make plans to watch the NFL. It would turn me into a college-only fan as my alma maters aren’t moving. Oh, and the Astros would be the last childhood-linked pro team I’d follow.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I rooted for the Titans until the Texans came....but I live in Austin now, so connection not as deep....NFL has died down a lot for me.....if the Rockets moved, I would follow them for a while but slowly they would fade.....

And my weekends would be freed up for the wine country !

DD

17. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Well I live in Las Vegas so...I would be excited and a season ticket holder if they moved here. That is actually my dream!!!!
    If Houston fans can't sell out - I know Vegas would

18. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

The Aeros too bruv.... best logo xD

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Absolute ****ing, terrible, trash-owner who I hate.. and a team I love moving away? That's actually nothing new for 99'ers.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if moved to Las Vegas i would be in heaven! (i live in vegas) lol

but thats the one thing i tell folks Les did for the city in selling to Tilman - team will prob stay put...