1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

TX mask mandate lifted soon?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TWS1986, Mar 2, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Very few businesses would risk that, especially when the so-called customer is pointing back to the governor's change in policy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NewRoxFan

Wow... we are behind AL and WV...

joshuaao, seemoreroyals, BigM and 2 others like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's Abbott's way of deflecting from the electrical grid crisis.

joshuaao, deb4rockets and Andre0087 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

LOL... marsha marsha marsha...

Ziggy likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

You see, if a private business does what it thinks is the right thing to protect their employees and customers...

rocketsjudoka, deb4rockets and Ziggy like this.
  6. IVFL

IVFL Member

No you are pro bumper sticker slogans. I get it, nuance is hard, it makes your head hurt. Just ignore it and keep looking for bumper sticker ideas. Path of least resistance.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, but that's the same sh*t business has to deal with already and while there is a penalty for not masking, it was already not enforced by law enforcement. With that, it was still a very small loud anti-masking minority that get blown up by social media. Most ppl will adhere to whatever the business demand.

I think the areas that will change are
    1- gov building (how much depends on who get the final said)
    2- businesses that didn't want masking requirement in the first place (very small minority)
    3- (and this is an unknown and potentially bigger factor), businesses such as restaurants start to relax their own safety protocols and procedures - less distancing so they can seat more customers.

Leaders and media should continue to explain what CDC and health professional advices are and continue to encourage those.

8. SuraGotMadHops

I'm smart and successful as a result of my upbringing. Somehow your more "privileged" upbringing hasn't served you too well as far as applying reason and common sense.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Screenshot_20210304-134219_Google.jpg

BigM likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, there goes HEB. HEB won't mandate masks, but urges customer to wear them. Their workers still are required to wear one. Illogical to me. Either require for all or for none.

"Although there is no longer a statewide mask order, H-E-B believes it is important that masks be worn in public spaces until more Texans and our Partners have access to the Covid-19 vaccine. As an essential service provider during the pandemic, H-E-B is focused on the health and safety of our Partners and customers. H-E-B will still require all our Partners and vendors to wear masks while at work, and we urge all customers to please wear a mask when in our stores."

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I thought they changed it back to requiring masks but I can’t find that anymore. Weird since it seems like they were an early adopter of requiring them.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It looks like they have done this before...

June 2020 - customer are encourage but not required; workers are required
    July 2020 - customers are required (since Abbot mandate mask statewide)
    March 2021 - back to June 2020 stance (since Abbot rescind mask mandate starting 3/10)

So, at least they are consistent. I don't agree with it and if I'm an essential worker there, I would hate how the company doesn't protect me.

arkoe and BigM like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you explain how you apply value to the different studies and research in the mandates and restrictions regarding masks and Covid?

#494 FranchiseBlade, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Disappointing.

TWS1986 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if that policy will get them extra pts for getting Covid vaccines from Abbott to distribute. I wouldn't go to a mask optional HEB to get a vaccine.

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

in other words, we're not going to care about the safety of other customers at all. great HEB . good work.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a cover your ass strategy. HEB is trying to split the difference by letting customers who are concerned about COVID that their employees will remain masked so there is little chance they can get it from their employees. For their customers who are anti-masks they can still shop mask free and how their actions might affect other customers or their employees is less of a concern than making those customers comfortable.

19. NewRoxFan

lil marco turning to comedy?

Amiga and Ziggy like this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So you find a depiction of Covid allowed through the shield of protective masks to infect the poor unsuspecting cowpokes below is funny?