1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we take Harden back in 2 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Would you take Harden back in 2 years?

1. Absolutely

81 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Hell No

50 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Depends on How Much He Wants

34 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LMFAO The Harden experiment is over!!! He will never lead this team again. He couldn't get it done in his "PRIME" how is he going to do it when he's older and pass his prime??? We would just be treading water like before. Talk about bitter exes or not getting over a ex. They are an EX for a reason. All the reason Harden didn't want to be here will still be active. Hard to see a viable reality where this happens.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and chadyang like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LOL

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

In the regular season.™

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

He said coattail which is factually wrong and petty

HP3 likes this.
  5. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Hard pass. He won’t be the prime harden we once knew. Plus we got someone who can replace him and his name is KPJ.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and Ramo$e like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

He isn't coming back

hou$tonScrew$tonTX, HP3 and Ramo$e like this.
  7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Everyone in the “hell no” camp needs to have their head examined.

#27 baller4life315, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

So Cleveland was bat**** crazy for Lebron?

9. Landry's Tooth

So if wood and porter work out and you have cap space for Harden and a max player plus the Brooklyn picks that could look good to trade for a young player for their extension that's worse than what he had previously?

HP3 likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He said AFTER it doesn't work with the Nets.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

he may get sick of ‘flat earther’ and keep it at 2 yrs.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Obviously.

#1. The Rockets have less than a 1% chance of getting a player of his caliber in the next 10 years.
    #2. Harden leaving the Nets in 2 years would be INCREDIBLE for the draft picks.

I don't think it's happening. I think he moved on but if he's really into it? Duh. I think if he leaves in 2 years it's to go play for the Thunder (Big 3 reunion), Lakers, Clippers or Suns. Which would all be fine with me too. I think he retires a Net.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

[​IMG]

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

For the record, I'm in the camp of not automatically taking him back. I would want to see how the roster looks and the cap money it would take.

I'm not holding my breath but it could make sense if things play out like they did for Cleveland... a couple of young pieces a high pick and just 1-2 players away with the cap space to do it...

15. riko

riko Member

Well maybe Nostradamus can tell us the future power ball numbers to?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would trade EVERYONE on this **** team AND everyone involved in managing it (EXCEPT for Nila & Keith Jones) - for an older, run-down Harden. I would also trade all of yall salty jabronis along with them too.

HP3, baller4life315 and YOLO like this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

[QUOTE "Landry's Tooth, post: 13456822, member: 65130"]So if wood and porter work out and you have cap space for Harden and a max player plus the Brooklyn picks that could look good to trade for a young player for their extension that's worse than what he had previously?[/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean but that is highly unlikely. I don't believe there is a situation where Rockets can really move forward with Harden coming back. Simply because Harden see's Rockets as his team. For him to make that sacrifice for Brooklyn and not Houston is simply a unacceptable character trait. He played the way Houston wanted him to has to be the dumbest excuse I have ever heard. Apparently everyone but Harden and Morey knew we couldn't win like that. When they fail, they bail. When MDA came to town Harden never gave up the ball even if it meant conserving his energy by facing less double teams bringing it up. The system literally was based on Harden's ability to draw defenders. It maximized Harden but not the whole team. Harden in a Rockets uniform apparently doesn't know this. It got us so far like Linkin Park but in the end it doesn't even matter. Not only this you have to understand elite players didn't want tom play with Harden in his prime why would they come to Rockets with Harden now!?

That is a Caldarella scenario.

[​IMG]

18. juanming

juanming Member

U left out kpj? . Well, what no one has said yet , what if we have a back court of Cade/kpj? We won't need a 33/34 yr old harden then. Folks, harden played great last night ,yes I know but he is no longer in God mode like he was 2014-2019. He's declined. I know that sounds strange considering he's in mvp consideration but other fans/media don't understand that harden was even better on our team than he is on the nets.. he will still be a good player in 2023 but the "godlike" harden we came to watch is now a step slower. (And fatter lol)

19. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

It depends... Again, I don’t hate the guy, although he left a bitter taste in my mouth on how he left.

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him return ala LBJ and help us win a title. That’s assuming we’re not one of the 4 worst teams in the league in two years. But I think that’s the only way you consider it.

If we’re still rebuilding, his return won’t make us a contender and it means a young player’s development is taking a backseat for his return then it’s a hard no for me.

don grahamleone and Ramo$e like this.
  20. vator

vator Contributing Member

I still don't think this will be an attractive enough situation in only 2 years time for him to want to come back. Lebron went back to Cleveland after they got the number 1 pick in the draft 3 times in 4 years and the only year they didn't get the top pick they drafted 4th. They ended up being able to put a young Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love around him. We'd have to hit really big on our draft picks for him to even consider it. If I had to bet money, I think his days as a Houston Rocket are done unless he comes here when he is old to ride off into the sunset.

HP3 likes this.