1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

We gonna take bets on if Rockets made a tribute vid for Harden? LOL

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, this is so sad

the guy who’s supposed to be selfish and a ball hog generated more assists than our entire team...we somehow have even less ball movement post-Harden, but I was always told that Harden was the problem and the one holding the offense back from resembling the 01-02 Kings

D-rock, luckyman76 and Rocket River like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You just broke my brain.

Paul and Kyrie were traded about 3 months apart so we could have possibly had Kyrie.:eek:

I don't think it would have worked out because I think Kyrie needed the Celtics exp to humble him and they would have probably been some friction about leadership but maybe they would have worked it out and won a chip and we would have been set for years?

Its interesting to think how that 17-18 team would have been with Kyrie minus Harden.

And then maybe Durant comes to Houston this year.:eek::D:(:mad:

D-rock likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are straight up lying, This has hit way harder than Tmac leaving, he had been hurt for awhile.

Fake news.

ktbballplaya and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Big Lie.

Just keeps churning them out.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

vince likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Reeko likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3, vator and Reeko like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even without much help, what Harden accomplished in Houston should be a positive and appreciated instead of a negative and derided.

Harden loved Houston and his actions AND WORDS prove he loves Houston still.

vlaurelio, vator and Reeko like this.
  11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You wouldn't know this unless you've asked every person you've met if they're a Rockets fan

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

How’s the Harden life treating u Steph? GS is the 9th seed, and only 2 games above .500, heading into the ASB.

How come Steph’s “gravity” and off-ball movement has GS just 21st in offensive efficiency?

imagine if Steph was here in Houston all these years instead of Harden having to carry these limited rosters

How many years do we straight up not even make the playoffs with Steph instead of James? Steph would be ringless and the biggest choker in the league because he’s had many horrible playoff games that have gotten completely overlooked because his team was stacked enough to win regardless of his subpar play.

Deuce, D-rock, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  13. vator

vator Contributing Member

I can’t wait. It’s time. Going to be a rough road ahead and lots more losses, but I’d rather watch Porter Jr. get up 18-20 shots than continue to be served the platter of dog sh** that we’ve been getting the past several weeks. I’ve felt no enjoyment watching Rockets games recently. There has been nothing to cheer for or to even be remotely optimistic about. This is at least something. Now they need to clear the desk so they can have playing time opportunities and replenish our asset pool.

#673 vator, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I've always said the only other player that you could replace Harden with and have success is Lebron, otherwise there isn't another superstar player that duplicate that success.

#674 ktbballplaya, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Deuce, D-rock, jiggyfly and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suspect that KPJ and Wall
    Will be best buds
    Or
    Worst enemies

No in-between.

Rocket River

D-rock and vator like this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

help in what? tanking? he's got the best tank organization and team around him all the way from the owner, gm, coach, down to players

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

But I thought the answer was yes that he could lead a team to the playoffs?

@durvasa

D-rock likes this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

When I play at Life Time Fitness, I ask.

Nobody wears Rockets shirts except me. Everyone else is wearing Spurs/Mavs/Lakers gear.

I've even seen Blazers fans.

A lot of basketball fans just reward winning. All of my cousins from WA state called Supersonics their home team, but then bought Shaq/Hardaway jerseys from Orlando, Grant Hill jerseys from Detroit/Orlando... They were pissed to see supersonics leave the state, but found it incredibly stupid that they never supported their home team.

I think Rockets moving to a different city doesn't sound like a bad idea if I'm the owner. Fans suck, don't show up to the games, and the speculative market only derives from the bandwagon fans who jump on and off for the winning/players. To any small-market fans, going to WCF twice is a tremendous feat. Rockets fans??? They think they live in LA, it's madness.

19. vince

vince Member

One time an MVP player named Hakeem wanted to be traded. The Rockets swallowed their pride and did right by Hakeem. Hakeem won them 2 championships.

Another time an MVP player named Harden wanted to be traded. And the idiot Rockets shipped him off for salary cap relief and some draft picks.

Harden a player who had absolutely no visible weakness. Now is being touted as the MVP on a team that includes Irving and Durant.

Rockets ownership messed up big time!

HP3, s3ts and D-rock like this.
  20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Haha!! Never post on Clutchfans the very moment you wake up. With sleep still in my eyes, I typed clear the desk instead of clear the deck. Reminds me of the time Tracy McGrady said escapegoat on national television instead of scapegoat lol.

HP3, topfive and D-rock like this.