1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Tucker to the Lakers already.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Feb 7, 2021.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Surprised we haven't done this dude a solid yet and released him or traded him. It's pretty sad seeing Tucker on this team right now.

HP3 likes this.
  2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

He looks horrible. I can’t understand why he’s playing so many minutes when he continues to play so poorly game after game

ak99999, charlieaustin and chadyang like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Article also says Jerami Grant is on the market. I would actually try to get him in a three way with Gordon going to a third team. He fits the timeline with Wood and Tate. Would be a very fun team to watch.

RocketOrg, cmoak1982 and CVcrew like this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Tucker for Harden. Make it happen.

chadyang likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I could see Reggie Perry and two second rounders for PJ.

7. Big Fuzz

Big Fuzz Member

Could someone post the whole article?

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

One thing that stood out last night when the game was over was how long PJ sat down post-game and how far away from everything he was with his head completely wrapped in a towel. Then his reaction when Harden came over to get him followed by Jeff Green and DJ. He looked kind of dejected at first if you look at his eyes and then he perked up. Almost like man you guys need to get me the hell out of here.

The second video shows how long PJ was sitting over there alone. During the broadcast, I was honestly wondering where James was going when other guys like Mason Jones were trying to talk to him. Then you finally get to Tucker.

#148 vator, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    FrontRunner, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

#FreePJ

set this man free, he has no business being on this sorry team...let him go play for something worthwhile while we rebuild

FrontRunner, vator, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  10. sogood.

sogood. Member

https://theathletic.com/2422807/202...ne-news-ellington/?source=user-shared-article

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

12. vator

Clutch out here breathing fire and scorching the Earth. He’s obviously tired of the BS

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Tucker’s not good enough to be a difference maker on this team. On an already good team, where more isn’t needed from him, he might be. It’s all about fit, and right now for Houston he’s not an ideal fit anymore.

sydmill likes this.
  14. vator

Despite how irrelevant and washed he looks on this team, I predict and feel confident that he will be regularly playing meaningful 4th quarter minutes for whatever team he goes to. He didn’t suddenly become an incompetent defender and incapable of making corner three pointers. He’s not comfortable out there and you can tell. Maybe he’s not getting the same opportunities or looks in the offense from our new guards or he’s not as invested because the team sucks and his contract situation, but PJ is going to play his ass off when he’s traded because he’ll be on a contender and he’ll be playing for what may be his last good contract in the NBA.

Replace Andre Roberson with PJ for example. Major upgrade. Miami...instantly at worst, the 3rd best defender on the team. Philly...a defensive lineup with Embiid, Simmons and Tucker on the same page is scary.

#154 vator, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    HP3, sydmill, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

He never said he was on the market just that the Celtics wanted him

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmmm so he either wants to go to the Nets or Philly.....sheeesh i wonder what those two places have in common???? Anyone? Damn I cant even figure it out? Anyone get why PJ would want to go to either of these places?

[​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. sydmill

sydmill Member

Call up morey and tell him you got a deal with Crooklyn (https://tradenba.com/trades/ls7YJp3cT) but would give him the chance to beat it (https://tradenba.com/trades/mbbBjHZe8). I would bet neither team is interested in the other adding more talent since they are destined to meet in the ECF. I bet Philly would love PJ in KD the same way Brooklyn would like to out him in Harris.