1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 3/3/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2021.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

GO ROCKETS!!!

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s good that you don’t...

bobloblaw and J.R. like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

No, that’s not what half the games have been. So Wood is the difference between winning 6 straight and losing 12 straight with a whopping -17 net rating and -18 point differential. Like I said, you’d swear Wood is 09 Bron.

HorryForThree and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There is no other description than “blasted” for these results over the last 12....

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season&LastNGames=12

Our best player would be a bunch of teams 2nd or 3rd best player. Possibly 4th on some teams...

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL The Rockets aren’t winning (or even “covering”). Blowout loss. Postgame analysis starts here.

Not a betting/gambling person but the Nets will win by more than 10.
    130ish-95 Nets

Line: BKN -10.0
    O/U: 228.5
    *per ESPN scorebug

Bet on your boy Harden and the Nets.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Am I the only one rooting for a delay?

Rockets down to 8 players.

We are so close to 7.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Well facts are facts because that's exactly what half the games have been. Been watching the Rockets or Nets?

Why not post the MOV during the winning streak? Lol, can't even talk with good faith.

9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

This always cracks me up.

Like Silas, I promise you our opponents don’t give a **** what our starting lineup is. We suck regardless.

chadyang likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Haven't you said a few times that the Rockets are contending for the playoffs if Wood had been playing?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Seems like you’ve only been watching the Nets, or just the boxscore. U certainly haven’t been actually watching the games.

in our loss to Toronto by 11 since u want to use that as some cutoff of not getting destroyed, the Raptors led by as much as 23, and we never led once in the 2nd half...Rockets made a little comeback to make the final score more respectable

the Miami game that we lost by 7, we were down by 16 with a minute and a half left and made a bunch of shots to make the final score a 7 point loss

according to u, that’s supposed to classify as not getting destroyed...lol, ok

only someone watching the boxscore would try to classify this 12 game losing streak as something other than an avalanche of beatdowns

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? I’ve said they’d maybe be 10th or 11th in the West.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

10th is contending for the playoffs though.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Not going to root for a win by any means but I agree that if we are ever going to win a game it would be tonight. Silas is in on it if we win tonight—Tilman revenge game. I need some drama.

I am mostly hoping to enjoy watching Harden again.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Nwaba out 6 weeks. Basically kills his trade value so maybe we’ll get to keep him long term! That would make me happy

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

but 11th isn’t, and 10th is only “contending” because the NBA has now instituted this stupid Play-In Tournament where u can be 10th in your conference with a record much worse than the 7th and 8th seed teams and still manage to sneak in if u win 2 games...bottom line is, the team would still be trash

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

The Rockets were competitive in half those games. That's a fact.

Wood's PER would rank 14th if his GP qualified. So he'd rank higher than you say on most teams. But it doesn't matter anyway because he's the Rockets' player and the Rockets' record was better than most teams before his injury.

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

LOL Wood out, Gordon out, Nwaba out, House out...

:eek:

Can you lose by 100pts?

Houstunna and chadyang like this.
  19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Rewrite history much? Rockets were never down by 16 vs MIA, 4th Quarter. It was a 6-point game with 90 seconds left and got as close as 3. That's not getting blasted.

The Toronto game was 6-point with 3 minutes left... final score 11-point.

Games are 48 minutes long and you gotta play until the end. I'm consistent with my positions and said the same last season when the Texans were up 21 vs Brady and the Patriots then finished with a 6-point victory. People acting all excited, "yeah, we handled the Patriots". Um... no we did not.

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This team sucks. I'm really not sure I can bring myself to watch this game knowing what the inevitable outcome will be.