1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TX mask mandate lifted soon?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TWS1986, Mar 2, 2021.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    How can one look at Democrat-run cities and conclude that Democrat policies work? High crime, high unemployment, high COVID rates, high taxes, nasty living conditions, huge budget deficits, awful public schools, the list goes on. Democrats' COVID policies have been utter failures as well -- shut down the economy in their states, locked down the people, and STILL had awful rates of death. The Dems took away freedoms and they took away lives. Cuomo, Wolf, Whitmer, Murphy, Newsome - all are Dem governors with a lot of questions to answer for their failures.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

nothing from the MAGA/QAnon crowd surprises me anymore...these people are just genuinely dumb...their stupidity is pure...it’s inate

yeah, people wearing substitutes for masks, wearing a mask improperly whether it be under the nose or with a hole cut in it exposing their mouth like a troll as if I’ve seen a few times...or reusing the same mask for days on end

TWS1986, seemoreroyals and BigM like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A scientist who's studied coronaviruses for 20+ years responds to Abbott & Costello getting rid of the mask mandate :

DVauthrin, TWS1986, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Just side not the one person who has a lot to answer for is also the WPE and he is a republican that down played this whole covid issue so you just keep blaming Dems for it but we all know who's at fault if any freedoms were taking away it was by him not taking it serious to begin with he has killed a half a million Americans.

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can understand (while completely disagreeing with) the concept behind opening everything up to 100% capacity

But ending the mask mandate? 100% nonsensical, done purely to appease the cultural preference of right-wingers in Texas. Suck my dick Abbot, and all you anti-mask Texas ****heads. Ensuring and celebrating increased death and despair for absolutely no reason.

My 3 year old son, who just 2 when all of this started, has worn a mask whenever appropriate through this entire year with zero issues or complaints, and we have adults out here somehow, less mature and mentally capable to handle the same task.

#186 ThatBoyNick, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is there any website where I can find number of deaths relative as a percentage versus the number of individuals that have contracted the virus? I I know NYTimes has a tracker that shows a state by state 7-day rolling cases, but it doesn’t really tell me much when compared to the rest of the states. Anything that shows all the states on the same bar graph, once again, based on percentage. Really hard to make any conclusions on total number of deaths when it is not based on a percentage.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans before the mandate is lifted
    [​IMG]

Texans after the mandate was lifted
    [​IMG]

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hey i feel you on that it very sad that kids can follow rules that are meant to help and protect better than so called adults. My 10yr old just told me that her teacher stated that the Gov has lifted the mask mandate for the state my girl told the teacher that she good with wearing hers so she'll just keep doing that.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Fake ass Professor X leading us right to the mutations...

TWS1986 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

The D&D doesn’t get your marvel references
    But don’t worry
    I do

TWS1986 and javal_lon like this.
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lol

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So our deregulated power grid failed because of covid masks?

jiggyfly, BigM, TWS1986 and 1 other person like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

These are the people who think Chun Li belongs in Mortal Kombat

javal_lon likes this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Those 300 human beings do not matter one bit to Gov. Wheels and the Texas Republican Party.

Deckard likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Moran Abbot's statement was just another blow to Texas's reputation.

Deckard likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Your brain is a toilet that needs to be flushed. Abbott is busy killing Texans and you don’t care.

DVauthrin, glynch and TWS1986 like this.
  20. AkeemTheDreem86

First he tries to straight void thousands of votes (mine included) in Houston, then the energy disaster where all his buddies are coming out like bandits, and now this. This guy is on a hell of a streak right now.

TWS1986 and Nook like this.