1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want the Rockets to beat the Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Mar 2, 2021.

?

Who would you like to see win this one?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2021.
  1. Rockets

87 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. Nets

76 vote(s)
    47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I want a top 3 draft pick

bmelo likes this.
  2. mightybosstone

I'm not going to lie—the Nets. And, yes, a big part of it is tanking to ensure a bottom 3-4 record at the end of the season. If you beat the really good teams, that doesn't help you tank, and as sad as it is, the worst thing that could happen to Houston's rebuilding is for them to gain confidence after beating Harden, think they're better than they are and try to sneak into the playoffs. This team needs to be dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up.

But if I'm being honest with myself, it's just very hard to care about this team right now. I don't like watching Oladipo, and Wall's game drives me crazy. I'm still pissed at House, Gordon's been wildly inconsistent for years, Tucker just looks pissed off half the time and every other player I feel like I barely have any attachment to. I'm so apathetic toward this team, I find myself just not caring. Meanwhile, I regularly check Brooklyn box scores and read Harden articles to see how he's doing. My hatred toward Tilman still overshadows any anger I have toward James.

It feels like when you and your longtime girlfriend break up and you start dating someone new, but you're still clearly in love with your ex. It's just going to take time before I'm willing to let go of that relationship, stop creeping on her social media every night and drunk dialing her at 3 a.m. It would help if this team has some actual direction. Right now it feels like I'm on the fourth date with some girl I secretly hate, but I'm too lazy and apathetic to break up with her.

cur.ve, francis 4 prez and HP3 like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Either way we'd get some much needed exposure...

HP3 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

rather an ex-rocket succeed than a non-rocket or a rival

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I’m pro tanking but this is one game i want rockets to win.

statement games matter during lotto seasons

RKREBORN likes this.
  6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Yes.

And I want the Nets to suck ass for as many years as we control their picks.

Go Rockets!

Rockets4Life13 and DCkid like this.
  7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You’re a bigger man then me. I literally have no desire to see Harden have success. I absolutely loved him as a player on the Rockets and continue to think he’s the a top 5 player in the league, but as far as me rooting for him to bring a championship to some other team in place of the one he couldn’t bring to Houston? Why the **** would I want that? That’s like masochistic or something LOL.

And I haven’t even mentioned other reasons, like wanting to see super teams fail because they ruin the NBA (just my opinion) and it being in the Rockets best interest for the Nets to “break up” as soon as possible.

sushimaster likes this.
  8. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I'm all for tanking but this was a close call.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The Rockets are done. At this point, the best thing that can happen for me this season is Harden finally gets the ring he shoulda/coulda/woulda gotten in Houston... And then he demands a trade back to Houston lol.

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Top 5? Bruh, you didn't love him nearly enough as a Rocket with a conservative analysis like that... He's been the best player in the NBA since 2017. Just never had the supporting cast to make him look like it in June (or September).

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I didn’t say he was 5th, I just said top 5. I also think he should have won 3 MVPs.

But In any case, you misunderstand me. Even if I thought he was the best player in the NBA over the past six years (which I do), I still have absolutely no desire to see him win a championship for some tacky super team that isn’t the Rockets. Maybe that’s clearer.

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

i bet @J.R. is mad that the poll is this close. He actually believes that majority of posters here hate james harden. Newsflash bro those were trolls, and now that we suck they are gone and will most likely never come back

13. Mattician

Mattician Member

Nope.

Maximizing the chances of getting a top 4 pick should be the priority.

Beating Harden and the Nets won't benefit the team.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd like to see the Rockets obliterate the Nets

Next year!!

Sorry to say it, but we need to be in trust the process mode right now. If we get a Cade Cunningham in the summer, game on!

15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Wanting to win and actually winning is quite a conundrum these days.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I want the rockets to win but am annoyed af that Wood won’t be able to play.

This is why I put ‘who cares ‘ on the game thread. :(

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Sidenote question. Do yall recall a superstar leaving rockets and then playing them in their prime? Only player I can think of is cp3 maybe but he is no longer an "all star" or all nba

I think stros have had a few, I am sure players like randy Johnson pitched against them, schilling, Lofton etc
    Texans/oilers prob had a few.

18. farhen

farhen Member

13 is the magic number for us to hit the stride

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I want the Rockets to win but I want John Wall to lose, which is very confusing.

20. mightybosstone

I like to think there's two kinds of fans.

Fan A watches his hometown team because it's the hometown team, and he can separate the player from the franchise well enough that when a player leaves, that player is dead to him and he moves on.

Fan B gets invested in the athletes on the teams. The athletes ARE the team to him, and when a longtime athlete leaves, it's hard for him to disconnect the player from the team because he invested so much time and support in that athlete.

There's a reason Clutchfans is so split on this. Those two sides were never going to agree once Harden left.

I'll also kindly agree to disagree on superteams. The league has always had superteams. There are just more of them now, nobody called them "superteams" before 2010 and players actually have power now. The league has thrived thanks to superteams.

DCkid and bmelo like this.