1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wilt's 100 point game. Overhyped?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RMGEEGEE, Jan 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great post. The first part of the comment said "Wilt scored 25 of his 100 in last 8 minutes". So he had 75 with 8:00 remaining. That's not impressive? The poster should also consider 3-pointers. Not that Wilt can hit 3's, but the extra point per shot does help Kobe's stats. Kobe made 7.

Biggest knock on Wilt's 100-point game was his FG%. 36/63 is very good, but a beastly %.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Considering how people champion Roy Hibbert and his 12/8, above average, yet not otherworldly defense to be a really good center. I agree.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

kobe bryant in the 81 point took 46 shots of the team's 88!

Kobe took more shots, than the rest of his teammates combined!

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In other words, just another day at the office for Kobe.

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

It's ****ing reddit... -_-

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden's 60 point triple double is the most impressive because it was done without any hint of stat padding.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden 2018-2019 season was the greatest stretch of scoring you have ever seen by an individual. He tore the league apart for 3 months straight while putting up 30 on every NBA team. He also did it way more efficient than Kobe ever had. There plenty of games he might have got to 81 points but the Rockets had blown the doors the off the teams because of his efficiency. Only a player as inefficient at scoring as Kobe could even score 82 in a game anymore because he misses just enough to keep the other team in it. I am not trying to knock Kobe, he was a great player but he had flaws to his game. He's not nearly as efficient a scorer as the all time greats.

I specifically remember being at a home game against Utah. Harden had like 51 with like 5 minutes to go in the third quarter. He had missed 1 shot the entire day. i had never see anything like it. The Rockets were up by like 25, he played a few garbage minutes in the fourth missed some shots then went to the bench. He didn't play enough to come close to 82 because of how far out of reach the game was but it was amazing.

In the season Kobe averaged 35 his ts% was only 56% and Harden did it shooting 62%.. That is a huge change that impacts wins and losses.

topfive likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Scoring a 100 points in a game is like being the first RB to rush for 2000 yards -- when someone else finally does it again it will become the 100 point club.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I remember that game like it was yesterday, my how time has flown.