1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden "Hopefully those fans appreciated everything I did on the court "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktbballplaya, Mar 1, 2021.

?

Did you appreciate what Harden did on the court?

1. Yes

91.1%
  2. No

8.9%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Anyone counting on James Harden coming back to this hot steaming mess in 3 years are likely wasting their own time.

I wouldn't rule it out, he wanted to win in Houston..... so anything is possible, but anyone excited about the prospect is setting themselves up for being upset.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sorry, when the man is out partying until 6am in the game 6 playoff series against San Antonio and lays an egg directly because of that, I say he had more to give.

I don't care if you agree or not - you can think he was out there diving on the floor playing hard all over the court hustling back on D, but he wasn't.

Hakeem is the standard all Rockets are measured by, Harden is no Hakeem.

DD

3. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

James Harden made this team relevant, you can disagree with how he played the game at times & carried himself off the court, BUT no-one can deny the fact that he carried this franchise. The Rockets logo & the beard became a synonymous entity, his game influenced an entire culture of Rockets basketball. You can hate the way he left but he gave this team & city something to cheer for every year, I will always keep my Harden memorabilia & always fondly remember watching him don a Rockets jersey in person. I was too young to remember Hakeem, so Harden is the greatest Rocket I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. Although we are an absolute mess of a franchise at the moment, I hope that this man retires a Houston Rocket.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Because he won title's or also demanded a trade ?

Nook likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well that is false

HP3 likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is not Scottie Pippen. You don’t boo Harden. Things got bad at the end and it was upsetting, but fans need to turn the page and give the man his respect.

Houston fans are the nicest fans in the league btw

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

FACTS

Only Dream34 & Moses carried more.

Patience likes this.
  8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

H town sport stars, everyone is leaving now. Houston sport idiot owners just drive great players away. This town is just like a city of Detroit or Atlanta where none wants to be there to be a loser.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Yah he was the only player I could think of that could contend my claim. But I wasn't around for him playing so went with what I know.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brooklyn Nets' James Harden hopes Houston Rockets fans show 'love' in his return

"The love and the appreciation that I've given to that city and that I still give to that city, I'm hoping that the favor can be returned," Harden told ESPN in a wide-ranging interview.

"I thought I would never leave that franchise," Harden said. "I thought I was going to be in Houston, obviously, for the rest of my career. Things happened. I've got different goals, and I've seen a different vision for myself and my career and my family."

He continued: "Like I said, it doesn't change the fact of how I feel about the city. But it just didn't go as well -- as smooth -- as I planned. The communication between myself and the front office got a little shaky. And now I look back at it and I see these other scenarios, other situations that are happening, specifically around other players that are in Houston, in different sports. And their transition is going very smooth. And I would've hoped for mine to go that smooth, but it didn't. I am where I am now."

Harden added that he is "very, very happy and excited" about the direction the Nets have been trending since his arrival, and he reiterated that he wishes the Rockets franchise the best.

#110 J.R., Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He should have done more? Wtf is this godlike expectation Dakota has for Harden? The man was already averaging 30ish points, stats were padded and u wanted him to do more?

If the Dream is the measuring stick, no one would get their number retired.

Look at the Rockets franchise records, harden did all that sht in only 8 years, that alone deserves his number retired. No disrespect to the other players that played for us but since the 2000s, no one had the same impact and contribution as harden does.

Should have done more.....pffft.

Rocket River and Patience like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#112 J.R., Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Shannon: I'm going to boo him because he doesn't play for the Rockets anymore.

WHOA! RADICAL IDEA THERE! WATCH OUT!

J.R. likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden had to be PERFECT
    and
    OVERCOME WHAT EVER ANYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM WAS DOING
    and
    Win the Championship SINGLEHANDEDLY

Rocket River

Reeko likes this.
  15. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

If only James would've stayed. Then he could enjoy passing to his teammates and having them shoot 28% on wide open 3s. What a jerk.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Remember those Miami games...

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

should have donated half of his hamstring to CP3. We were a championship team for 1 year, and only didn't get there because of a hamstring. Even though Harden had some duds in the playoffs, we never underachieved as a team (except for against Portland).

Harden did everything and more for this team, no regrets.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would be against paying a 35-36 year old Harden 50 mil a year.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The Rockets were a magnet for officiating hate in Playoffs. Harden was sick of that utmost. Let it go.