1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden "Hopefully those fans appreciated everything I did on the court "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktbballplaya, Mar 1, 2021.

?

Did you appreciate what Harden did on the court?

1. Yes

91.1%
  2. No

8.9%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I'll give him respect if he drops 60 on Wednesday.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The only thing more ironic than losing 13 in a row to James would be if the Rockets ended their losing streak to the Nets.

napalm06 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Help us get Cade Cunningham

SmallBallDoesntWork likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He helped Rockets build one of the greatest losing seasons in team history. Thanks James, where can I send your gift of honey buns to show my respect and appreciation? I'd like to use the t-shirt cannon(hook me up!) they use at Rox game while you open your fat facking mouth as a target. it'll be so fun that EGs fat basketball head will explode!

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

If you refuse to suit up, you don’t get paid. If you half ass it on the court, you do get paid. BIG difference in my opinion.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I for one never get the rings argument when it comes to best players. Basketball is a team sport and if your team isn't good enough, even if you are the best player you won't win. We have seen it plenty of times. Lebron has been the best player for like 16 years. Him losing in the finals isn't really choking since he was barely ever favored. He led every single player in the finals in pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals and lost. How he wasn't the finals MVP was beyond me.

What makes Jordan better than Hakeem besides the fact that he played with an all time great players and his supporting cast was always better?

Look at someone like Karl Malone. He's second all time leading scorer in NBA history and yet no one has him close to the top 10 in rankings cuz he never won a ring. But if everyone thinks Jordan is the GOAT can't Karl Malone still be top 10 because he only lost to the GOAT?

I don't think their has ever been a single player in Rockets history that had more impact on the basketball court than James Harden. Most won't agree that he's better than Hakeem but its pretty darn close and he might actually be. Hakeem would not have beat the KD STEPH warriors. On the other hand if Harden played against the competition Hakeem had. I think he wins multiple ships. Not a single other team even shot more than 5 three pointers. Harden would have annihilated the competition back then being guarded by the likes of guys 2 to 3 inches shorter than him..

The NBA has never seen anything like James Harden. HIs adidas commercials say it all. Creators never follow. He changed the game, and did things no one has ever done. Sucks he couldn't win a ring cuz of bad luck with injuries, biased officials, and going up against 4-5 all stars on the same team..

When he first got here, I hated him. Didn't like his style didn't see how he would be a good player. He completely flipped it and turned me into a believer. Greatest offensive player in the history of basketball. I look at someone like T-Mac and think he should have been the greatest Rocket of all time. All the athelticism and skill to be one of the best players ever and could just never overcome the first round. Then I look at Harden. Not the fastest, not the most athletic, and seem like just a guy become something league has never seen. Everyone should respect him and adore him for the last 8 years.

Jayzers_100 and srrm like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Iggy refused to suit up for Memphis last year and got paid

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I didn’t know that. So, a player can sign a contract and then refuse to play and still get paid? That doesn’t seem right.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I seriously doubt that
    Yea. . .this is definitely just moving the bar

Rocket River

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This may be a 75 point loss and we’re expected to cheer for Harden during it in the middle of a franchise losing streak? Wow. Have fun with that!

napalm06 and ipaman like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

unless the team wants to make some big deal out of it and fine the player

our very own Jason Terry didn’t report to the Kings when he got traded there, and eventually they traded him to us

luckyman76 and Nook like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Too many emotional mfers in the sports world... Just boo the man , then respond in awe of his upcoming quadruple double.. If I'm James, I'd know this comes with the territory now watch what I do in that territory...

Nook likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

People can have whatever opinion they want about Harden and how he left the Rockets.

To this day there are people in Minnesota that believe that Kevin Garnett gave up on the Timberwolves.

I will just say this, it could easily be 40-50 years or more before the Rockets have a player as good as James Harden again and I don't think many fans realize that.

At this point I just try and appreciate how good he is on the court like I did Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Name one poster who has this?

Why do ya'll have to make **** up to feed your anger?

jordnnnn likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I dont like his fans who don't acknowledge his flaws. He was a phenomenal MVP player but has specific game and personality limitations. He was never much of a leader in spite of being a top 3 player that I spent a lot of time defending against fans of other teams. For me its always team over player so farewell, no hard feelings. I wish James success, though not necessarily in Brooklyn with the snake. Wished he could've won here. 2018 was the year everyone's legacies should've changed.

Now that he is gone, Clutchfans will play its usual bipolar games of taking shots at Harden or "Harden Haters" and making up straw man arguments to try and finally "win the debate" about Harden. Harden is just a very enigmatic, aloof, weird guy. That's all there is to it. The debate will always rage because of the dichotomy of his personality and his skills.

T for 3 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wish him the best this year. Get a ring if possible.
    After that, I hope they all fall off a cliff and fail miserably. For the duration of the picks we own.

jiggyfly and ipaman like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He is an all time great. Except for his undeniable mental weakness in certain playoff situations. He may have enough with bkn where it doesn’t matter, but for draft picks sake I hope there is another Harden playoff letdown.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ariza didn’t even show up to okc and is still getting paid. And he’s out in Miami prepping for the next team he will land on after a buyout or trade

Nook likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

STILL appreciating what he's doing. I'd rather watch him hoop, than this **** team - any day.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The team wasn't winning anything with him anyway. It was time to move on. He spent his entire prime here carrying this team for 8 years. I would say he paid his dues and more

CCity Zero and Nook like this.