1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. Vipers Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 9, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well both Kuminga and Jalen Green are playing in the amateur ranks like those in college schools.

College basketball teams having fewer NBA prospects per team capita.
    NBA teams having the most NBA prospects per capita......well because they are in the NBA.

The G-league falls in between both as most of the weakest quality players are filtered out
    a funneled into less teams. Semi-pros asked to play in pro style offenses and work on their
    one on me defense. Should be far less zones than what you see in the college ranks.
    So Kuminga and Jalen Green get gold stars for just being able to compete and hold their own
    for the most part. Jalen and Kuminga both have size, with good wingspans, good lateral movement,
    good leaping ability. Crazy athletic abilities.
    ability and hang time in Jalen with an ability to twist his body to get the shot off. Quick hands on defense, often stripping
    the ball from players he is not guarding from behind or by the side. Very good shot blocker.

Kuminga was seen as a man among boys in highschool. Many feared his stats were over inflated because he was playing
    bully-ball against kids. Now many scouts believe he is backing it up by bullying men now at the semi-pro level. Scouts
    feel more comfortable that his skills will transfer to the pro level. Very good leaper shot blocker with deceptively quick
    hands. I see Jaylen Brown with some Otis Thorpe-Charles Oakley get out of my way bully ball mentality. Can hit a mid range
    shot and can hit some 3's; but will need to spend some time in the gym to work on that. Get consistent line and put a little more
    arch in his shot.

I'm not worried about either Kuminga or Jalen Green defensively.....they should both end up standouts at that end.
    At pick #22..........tts open to interpretation. Some ant best player available some want fit. I want fit of Silas system.

Charles Bassey is a big boned center who is built to set screens, runs the length of the floor like a 6'6" player, good engine,
    never gives up on plays, good rebounder. I think he gets about 3 offensive rebounds per game and 3 blocks a game.
    I see him as an cross between Elton Brandt and Eddie Curry that can move and run the court. See him all the way from
    Pick number 8 to early 2nd round. If he is there at #22 I snatch him up. I like the idea of moving Wood to PF and Bassey
    eventually being much better version of Patton.....could start year 2.

I like Kispert but most polls have him going around #12. A version of Klay Thompson quick release shooting that is
    very accurate and confident. Cuts/slashes to the basket moves well without the ball. Can get the ball in the rim, near,
    mid range (shots or floaters), and 3"s with beyond NBA range. Chandler Parsons (while with Rockets) defense.

I'm liking Franz Wagner right now. He has come on strong lately since the team has come back from covid precautions.
    Scouts felts like he was too much of a spot shooter, but is putting the ball on the floor now and has scouts impressed.
    At 6'9' I can see him as a floor spacing wings that moves well and lanky enough to alter some shots and get steals or
    deflections.

Plenty of 6"4" guards from which Patrick can choose from. Not my preference though at number 22 pick.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

"I see great raping ability "

Hol up...

slothy420, Verbal Christ, HP3 and 7 others like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for your wonderful hard work as always mon ami. I always appreciate your valuable input. Franz Wagner looks good to me too. I'm surprised why Bassey is considered by many to be a pick in the 20's. Perhaps, it's because he is more of a traditional center. I think I would have him around 15. Kispert looks slow to me despite being skillful. I agree he will go higher than 22.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Who? Did one of them do something or accused?

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

read your post lol

coachbadlee likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Followed by "quick hands, often stripping".

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he wrote MJ but he meant Kobe XD

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Looking at the numbers, KPJ really is dominating. #1 overall in PPG, #3 in assists per page, #5 in overall eff., etc. Pretty amazing stats.

Kenyon Martin Jr. has also been solid. Top 5 in blocks, rebounds, and eff.

D-rock likes this.
  9. sydmill

sydmill Member

I see more Tatum than Brown in Kuminga. For me it's really a toss up between Cunningham and Kuminga if we were to get the chance to pick first. One diamond in the rough guy that I like around 22 is Nah'Shon Hyland. I think he is a poor man's damian lillard that would be great as a back up 1 next season but who could be a long term compliment to KPJ. I like Bassey a lot too but think his fit is entirely dependant on whether the team views Wood as strictly a 5 in their system.

Finally, I like both guys from Texas too. Kai jones is a christian wood type slender 4/5 while Brown is a guy who could end up as a steal in the late teens. This draft us loaded!

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Oh, I was hoping not an accusation in their closet.

raining threes and Astrodome like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Watch your backs bros!!!

ipaman likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Porter Jnr is too good for the G-League

16. HardenVolumeOne

I'll say this, international players tend to be way more loyal to the franchises they were drafted than american born players. I could easily see tilman preferring kuminga over cade cunningham when push came to shove. Giannis, Dirk, Nash, and others are elite hall of famers who were loyal. Nash was offered more miney from the suns. I believe kuminga has kawhi leonard potential

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't very loyal in HS playing for 3 different American schools in 4 years.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

KPJ is a WILLING rebounder. He goes and gets it.

If the Vipers would defend Cheatham they'd be up 20.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Armoni Brooks is a sniper!

DonKnock, groovemachine and D-rock like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Holy Schnikes these Vipes are playing NBA Jam out there!!!! KPJ OFF THE GLASS FOR THE FLUSH!!

DonKnock and D-rock like this.