1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden "Hopefully those fans appreciated everything I did on the court "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktbballplaya, Mar 1, 2021.

?

Did you appreciate what Harden did on the court?

1. Yes

91.1%
  2. No

8.9%
  1. Rockets4Life13

I appreciate what he’s done on the court.

really dislike him for the way he forced his way out

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Sure, even with my dislike for iso ball, I had a lot of fun watching those crazy scoring nights, the battles in the playoffs and our success. Just wish I didn’t feel like Harden was mentally not strong enough to embrace the biggest moments and do what other stars managed to. The departure I’m okay with. Water under the bridge.

tinman likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ok? Could u point out where I’m comparing Harden to Hakeem?

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just want to ensure that the population of Clutchfans understands
    In the grand scheme of things

the true standard of the pure Rockets fans have not been met

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Great basketball player, I just don’t like the guy. Plus his hair sucks.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

7. hakeemthagreat

Ok. You'd rather see a Ben Simmons brick-a-thon every night post Harden

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

How fitting to commerate hardens return we will get our 13th straight loss.

13 Ls for number 13 harden

9. csc177

csc177 Member

....tired of talking about Harden actually. He did everything necessary to bail from a sinking ship, I get it. Nets are good, we suck now.

It was a great opening scene (made his mark from the start), a memorable middle, but it was an absolute terrible end to the JH/Hou movie.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

we should have traded for Dort
    just for this next game

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

on Jan 10 without Harden the Nets lost to the Thunder.
    on Jan 29 WITH Harden the Nets beat the Thunder and Harden had a triple double.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust sayin'

Air Canada likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You quit on this city James. Forgiveness will take time but you are a quitter.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

You can also blame him for getting rid of Chris Paul and getting Russ
    That was the real beginning of the end
    Not the overrated Ariza move

plus not the best playoffs performer

J.R. likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't know why the fans here don't really understand that it's painfully clear that it has nothing to do with THEM, or the City, or the legacy of the franchise, etc. Harden has made it clear that he loves all things Houston, and us the fans, and wants to have a post retirement relationship with the city like so many Rockets greats of the past do.... or USED TO DO WITH LES.

I think Harden saw for years the response that Hakeem, etc. would get when they sat courtside with Les, and were brought up on the big screen. That ovation and love from the city is something he obviously wants, and that's a good thing. Why would we want Harden to be more Barkley than ... name your other Houston Rockets legend.

I see that as a good thing that he wants that, and we had some fantastic years with Harden, and the nice thing is we don't have to have a long stretch of being in-between contention and tanking. We are in full blown tank mode now with some real nice assets and at least one nice young piece already in Wood. We might have something already with Porter Jr... maybe not. I consider it a favor that Harden did for us fans when he saw the ship sinking, and made the choice to go full sports Diva in order to pull the band aid off quick, and get back value in a trade rather than waiting till his last year on his deal where he had no value, and we had to suffer being a mediocre team for two years.

I for one will always applaud Harden, and hope he has a presence in the city post retirement. I'm glad he helped pull the band aid off quick, and I don't understand why the hell the fans think what he did was a personal slight to YOU.

(the Westbrook trade though.... James.... come on man. That's the biggest knock on his time here in Houston.)

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

He quit. It doesn’t get any worse than that in sports. I would rather an athlete just refuse to suit up rather than half ass it on the court.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a saying.

Time heal wounds.

Not enough time has passed.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m pretty sure Utah boos because they generally despise people with melanin.

Rocket River and JayGoogle like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm proud of him.

He's stopping this bullshit about alluding to an eventual return.

He talks about Houston in the past now. He talks about how he came up short but had a good career here. Houston isn't home any more, it's "everywhere I live i call home."

Give it up. He's gone and not coming back. Hope he stays healthy but I'm not rooting for him to get a championship with this Nets team. He took the easiest route. Even going to Philly would have been more palatable. KD is a snake.

I think the Rockets traded him to the Nets because Patrick believed James would return because the team did him a solid. James is going to get a taste of living in NY and will never live in a city full time that isn't NY or LA. There's a sense of security you get as a celebrity in those cities that you don't get in Houston. It's why stars like Travis Scott leave Houston or guys like Chief Keef leave Chicago. James isn't a down to earth superstar, he's absolutely going to thrive in the celebrity driven culture of New York.

#38 treyk3, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Richie_Rich and Rocket River like this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

bro just worry about your own feelings leave others to their own. if you don't like others approach to facking bad and you do you.

i would say the same to james.

J.R. likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, refusing to suit up is also quitting

DatRocketFan likes this.