1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chris Paul hamstring massacre of 2018.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 24, 2021.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

And one was Kobe’s death getting in the way.

He’s been on the injury report, literally once in the past two seasons.

He got a new body on that vegan diet. But this was known before the traded him. D’Antoni talked about it.

jacoby likes this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It’s hard to really judge cp3 situation. He couldn’t stay healthy here(sounds like a Houston theme) but it’s bitter oil to swallow to see that he’s been basically an iron man since he left. He said he got motivated once he got traded from
    Houston. Why couldn’t you get motivated when you was here? Why does something need to happen or change for motivation to kick in?

harden could’ve definitely handled the situation better but that situation just wasn’t meant to work out, I’m sad to say .

3. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Really makes you wonder how much better cp3 coulda been if he started his plant-based diet right when he joined us. He was already amazing in 2017-2018 as it is, but seems like the biggest benefit to his new diet is his durability.

But yes, it still haunts me. Made a 2017-2018 nba 2k team just to remember them by haha

joshuaao, jacoby and HP3 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

false. he was motivated prior to getting traded to get ready for that year. He began prepping for the next Rockets season well before the trade happened. Hes talked about this on several podcasts and interviews. That he started training and he started trying a new diet. It wasn't an after the trade change. The only thing that changed was he unexpectedly dawned a new uni for what he thought was his 3rd year with the rockets, after morey specifically told him no deal was going to happen. Then Tilman overruled everyone and did it anyway.

#24 YOLO, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I stand corrected

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Same man, I feel you. One of the worst Rockets days ever, to get to 3-2 in the series against a team that had such a gigantic talent advantage against us (wiped the floor with Lebron), and then we lose the guy who carried us for large chunks of that series while they doubled/tripled Harden... that killed.

Between that and Paul showing up to camp out of shape the following summer and the team's transactions that summer, I lost all faith in the org. They should have spent like crazy in 2018, but instead they acquired players no contender would want: Melo, MCW, Shumpert, Ennis, House, Faried, T Jones.

Who goes 7 with the Warriors and the next season comes back with a bunch of historically net negative players? Tilman, that's who. He thought he could do it cheap, just like he thought to start this season that he would replace Harden with Oladipo and some good ol' fashioned hard work and it would make up the difference lol.

Real shame. Pissed away a title.

#26 Mathloom, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well Harden wanted him out so we traded him for Westbrook.

9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

It does.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Times are tough enough then to Reflect on the Rockets past failures

Sanctity likes this.
  11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Rockets wont going to win that series....they rigged it for the GSW so with or without paul, we're not winning it.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

They would've whooped their ass.

BHannes2BHonest, Mathloom and HP3 like this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Exactly, rewatch the end of full game and watch the warriors leaving the court. Series was over, they were beaten.

They had little control over the series and 1 of their 2 wins was fortunate to put it lightly.

HP3 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets should have won that game without him, then he could rest up for the finals.

15. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

We lost by 9 with 0-27 stretch from 3 against the loaded Warriors. With CP3 there that ain happening. I don't care if Foster there for that one.

16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

That was the exact moment I knew that my 30 years of hard core fandom was going to have to change for my emotional health.

I'm a casual fan now, and I'll see you all in 30 years when the team is good again.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes .

I remember that poor coaching and execution AT HOME caused this.

cbs1507 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

If you remember, part of the 0-27 was uncalled blatant fouls (including a made one they didn’t count cause why not). If you think foster was gonna let them lose, you live in a different world sadly

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol they both wanted Russ here. if Harden didn't want him gone, cp3 would still be here. Show proof that it was all Tillman.