1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Horror movie of all time: The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Exorcist. Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 27, 2021.

?

The Goat of horror

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. The Exorcist

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Most entertaining scary movie experience for me was Scream ... Opening night ... In the theatre... People left outta there shook... Lol... Now that **** horrible .. But that opening scene in that theatre was something I'll never forget

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The first Scream was cool -- Blair Witch was awesome with all the wild build up and an absolutely packed theater.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

This is very true, nobody had really done the "found footage" thing before. That was something.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I remember seeing Blair Witch in River Oaks with my girlfriend then, she kept asking me if it was real afterwards....

It'll be hard to match the buzz and build up for that movie in my lifetime, my parents have told about seeing The Exorcist in Mexico City when it came out and the experience sounds wild. People coming out of the theater as they went in telling them to not go in or in tears....

The Exorcist is still the goat for me, really screwed with my mind as a kid. Watching it as an adult, it still holds up. It's just wonderfully constructed from start to finish.

I love Rosemary's Baby which I think is very close in terms of quality to The Exorcist.

Chainsaw is great for that grimy low budget horror, watching now its very raw but it works in it's favor, I always loved that spoken warning at the beginning from John Larroquette....

5. VanityHalfBlack

Another reason why I pick TCM is the original VHS tape and I don't remember the company who released it fetches for $500 or more on ebay. Bro, a vhs tape, crazy right? Also I had a beat up copy of The Last House on the left directed by Wes Craven on VHS and I was able to sell that for like $300 bro, lol. It's just a tape not a dvd or a bluray, DAMN!

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

And all the viral website advertising -- it was legit fun figuring out some of the messages.

Buck Turgidson and GRENDEL like this.
  7. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Saw that in the theater when I was 15 on lsd. At that age it was nbd, but if I tried some stupid stuff like that now, it would probably break me lol.