1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. Vipers Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 9, 2021.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Indeed... the franchise has hit rock bottom and March 11 we should at least begin to compete again and evaluate Wood and Porter as a potential All-Star duo.

The last few weeks has been embarrassing, it’s okay to lose and improve draft chances this year, but it’s unacceptable for a team not to compete.

DonKnock, clos4life, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I watched Cade Cunningham's 40pt game after the KPJ video and I thought if KPJ was in this draft who would I pick first. I like CC's size, but everything else is KPJ #1 from that snapshot. KPJ is essentially a Junior development wise and he's dominating the G-League.

Maybe God sees the catastrophe Houston sports is (for the most part) and given us some hope. At least I'm going to think that way for a few more weeks.

DonKnock, clos4life, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Before that 40 point game I ran the draft simulator several tmes and each time the Rockets nailed the 3rd pick and Cade Cunningham was available each time. Sunday I ran it another 5 times and the Rockets chose 3rd each time but Cade was chosen 1st each time.

That's ok, I ended up getting Jalen Green several times and I chose Kuminga once just to be different.

If the Rockets get one of Cade, Jalen Green or Kuminga it's a win for Houston.
    As I mentioned in an earlier post......Kevin Porter jr and Cade Cunningham can be interchangeable at the PG or SG positions because both can shoot and both can pass...,add Wood and you have the three prong attack kicking behinds for the next 10 years.

DonKnock, Shark44 and johnnydeezy1 like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Tilman gonna find a way....

to save some money

slothy420, Nook, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How do you compare Evan Mobley to Jonathan Kuminga? Please take into account their current skill level and potential down the line. Mobley is more advanced right now, does Kuminga have more upside?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. saleem

CC would be way cheaper than a FA like Collins. I do agree that's what he wants to do. I could imagine him moving down to the 4th pick and acquiring a future FRP as well.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I just don't trust Evan Mobley slender build next to Christian Wood. I would rather go Charles Bassey later in the draft to get the Center
    to put next to Wood. Best ability is availability,.....can they take a pounding night in and night out?

I rate them:
    1) Cade Cunningham......stud player all around. Perimeter defense requires work, but good at everything else.

2) Jalen Green.........I've seen JR Ryder, Wiggins and even Oladipo compared to MJ. I said NO. This kid has college MJ written on him.
    Up to him to develop or maintain that drive to succeed.

3) Kuminga is a stud. Flat shot and brick at times, but that can be worked on. I have him as a slightly better Jalen Brown.,.more bite in this dog.

I concur with this video breakdown of prospect 1-5

DonKnock, saleem and johnnydeezy1 like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Or they could just go for Cade Cunningham lite? Aka Anthony Lamb.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Anthony Lamb and lite don't normally get paired together. How about Royce White 2.0 aka Anthony Lamb?

Is this your man Anthony Lamb?

#1169 ApacheWarrior, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    TEXNIFICENT and coachbadlee like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Woah, I wish!!

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that dude could still be playing in the nba if he had wanted that bad enough.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Never knew Avery Johnson played for Houston ? You historians failed us

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Be well.

coachbadlee likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

clos4life, coachbadlee and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That's why he's going 100 miles an hour trying to prove himself right now... while he's still not at 100 percent. He's basically in preseason on a G-league team given all the injuries. He still has to say that out loud though to be relevant.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. saleem

I don't watch much College or G- League/ Euro ball , so I want to ask you how good are Kuminga and Green on defense? Who might be the best player available for Houston at 22?

clos4life likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ok so why would the Cavs trade Porter Jr for essentially nothing if he was as good as the #1 pick in a loaded draft?

groovemachine likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Some REAL basketball

Nook and D-rock like this.