1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL no lie this dude was once a Danuel House Only Fan

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, s3ts and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

If only it were the wrong thread, every thread just ends up being the same anyway.

Rockets suck.

Watching the Rockets fall so far is like being trapped in a multiverse of madness.

Roc Paint, luckyman76 and Reeko like this.
  3. farhen

farhen Member

lol now what

4. riko

riko Member

This thread is a gift that keeps on giving

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This thread is still salvageable.

Just need to change the thread title to:

"The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking badass"

s3ts, luckyman76, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

or maybe:
    The CHRISTIAN WOOD doesn't have any help crowd is looking badass!

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

People need to stop saying we are tanking. That is a delusional take at this point. Let's look at the FACTS.

We are playing our presumably best players, our veteran guys with the most experience and most accolades from all-star appearances to 6th man of the year awards. Guys like Tucker and Nwaba that are considered to be top-level defensive players. No way this is a tank. We suck. Accept it. Until we trade multiple guys out of the Wall, Oladiipo, Tucker, and Gordon group and start playing young and inexperienced players, this cannot be legitimately considered a tank.

This is a bad basketball team that is poorly coached that is trying to win games and failing miserably at it. At least if we were tanking we'd be losing with honor and with a purpose and goal in mind. This is shameful and as Silas put it in his own words last night, "embarrassing." This team is awful, just admit it and move on. The trade deadline can't get here fast enough and I can honestly say, my confidence that they will get this right at the deadline is wavering and at its lowest point.

D-rock, s3ts and rockbox like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

suck or tank, does it really matter though? The end result is you're going to lose regardless more often than not. The actual semantics of what someone wants to call it to me doesn't really matter but then again what else is going on with the rockets to actually talk about I guess

9. vator

Tanking is losing on purpose to improve your draft status. Also gives you the chance to evaluate the potential of some of your younger players. That is what we SHOULD be doing. They are still actually running out lineups attempting to win games and trying to sign Oladipo to an extension instead of trading him. If they keep on with this veteran group, I think eventually they will win a few games here and there that will negatively impact our draft pick potential. Embrace the tank. Getting the number 1 pick in the draft would go a long way into setting this franchise back on a course to respectability.

D-rock likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean the "young" guys that they have are actually playing like tate and now patton. This team doesn't exactly have a lot of potential to evaluate. It's made up of a ton of vet type role players. I wouldn't worry about winning much. This team isn't good at all. The 2nd half of the schedule is much tougher than the 1st. It would be a total surprise to me if dipo is still here past the deadline.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why get hung onto semantics. With the way we have played in the past 11 games, we are worse than teams trying to "tank". The result is the same anyway.

We don't have any young players other than Wood and Tate is because we have traded away most of our draft picks in the past couple of years. It takes time to recollect younger players.

I like your optimism that the veterans will eventually win games lol, don't think that's happening. The more we lose the less Dipo, Tucker, Wall, Gordon will want to play hard. They are going to mail it in until they are all traded and we will continue to lose.

If anything, if we bring more motivated younger players in, we might actually win more games.

12. vator

Mason Jones, Kenyon Martin Jr., Kevin Porter Jr., Anthony Lamb, and Armoni Brooks are young guys that could be evaluated as well.

They are not trying to tank games right now, they are actively trying to win and eventually, that is going to catch up to us and bite us in the ass. They probably think they can still go on a run and make a push for the play in tournament to get into the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

bless your optimism

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The problem is that unless we get a top 4 pick, we have swap it with OKC. So the only way to be guaranteed of keeping our pick is if we have the worst record in the league which actually may happen.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

At best, about a 50% chance of not sending the pick to okc. Regardless, this team isn't going to be winning much

D-rock likes this.
  16. vator

My optimism? It doesn't matter what I think. It matters what they think and they won't lose every game for the rest of the season. If they continue to operate as a team that thinks they can win by doing things like trying to extend Oladipo, it will absolutely mess up the tank. A few wins here and there make a huge difference when you're trying to have a bottom 4 record. Some of these other teams will eventually embrace the tank and that is what we will need to do as well.

If you look at the standings, we have 11 wins and there are seven other teams above us within 3 wins of that and four within 2. There is a lot of season left. Christian Wood is also going to return and he's a 20 and 10 guy. This team is still not going to be good, but they won't be losing 11 games in a row bad.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no team is going to lose every game for the rest of the season. Dipo isn't even getting extended, so there's no reason to keep bringing it up at this point. They can absolutely have long losing streaks with the 2nd half of the schedule being difficult. You might want to take a look at it, especially with the back to backs where obviously guys will be out.

18. vator

With each reply you make, the more and more I think that you are missing the point of what I'm saying.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. you're scared of the rockets not losing enough games. and in that best case scenario they have approx a 50% chance of not giving the pick to okc

20. vator

What I'm saying is that history has shown that teams that end up with the worst records at the end of the season, typically quietly go into tank mode. They won't say or admit it, but they are trying to lose games. We are not. That is what you're competing with so you have to try to lose too. Yeah we suck, but they suck too AND they aren't trying to win. You can tell they are tanking by the roster moves they make and the fact that they start playing a lot of young players. Veteran guys, at the tail end of the season, start sitting out games. Coaches make head-scratching 4th quarter substitutions when certain guys are playing too well. These things happen when organizations get on the same page and embrace a tank. I don't think this organization is showing that they are at that point yet and by still attempting to win games right now, it could eventually be detrimental to our draft pick.

I don't believe in this roster at all. I'm not saying this team is in danger of winning a whole lot of games, but they are trying to win and for what?

I was not pro-tank until after the game last night. I never made a post advocating a tank. I've posted that we should trade guys, but that is because I felt that was in the best interest of the team in the long run. Today, I feel like we should go all in. This team isn't good enough and nothing you can add to it at this point is going to change that.