1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

That’s the most wishful thinking I’ve ever heard..I like that optimism

completely ridiculous theory; though

“Lets offer Vic the 2 year max, hope he declines it, then leak it so John Collins hears we’re willing to spend our money stupidly!”

“what if Vic accepts?”

“just go with it”

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This place needs shimmers of positivity. **** the negativity, we have 35 more loseable games to go. Gotta find something positive to talk about or this place will be so toxic it will be unreadable. I’ve found the vibe to get better as the team clearly has tanked away anyone’s false hope of playoffs including my own. Clutchfans needs to continue to bond over memes and outlandish trade ideas including the fact that the Rockets think they can get MPJ (they do and they won’t but it’s fun until March 25).

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I didn't look at the second half schedule, but someone posted it is rife with solid opponents and back-to-backs.

And we've seen what happens with back-to-backs when we rest one then the other player.

Still, 50-point loss.....? Our team keeps sliding down the abyss.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Knicks really seem like a team that fits. They're feeling great about themselves right now being the 4th seed in the East and the Rockets have players that fit Tom Thibodeau's style.

I can't gauge Kevin Knox's trade value though. He's been disappointing but he's also 21.

Knox for Tucker an outrageous ask? I have to believe Oladipo would be attractive to them also and they have both their own first-round pick and Dallas's unprotected pick, which I would like to get just to hang over them

5. ROXTXIA

If the Knicks want to re-sign him and Miami has less interest in him than does New York, yeah, I'd take one of those picks. (NBA rumors is all, "Oladipo wants Miami," but the media is always a dog with a bone......won't let it go no matter what).

jch1911 likes this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Fournier - KPJ - Tate - AGordon - Wood would be a fun lineup to watch even if not that competitive this year.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Unless they knew he would decline it... same for Beard & Tuck Wagon... somebody is leaking the info....

Plus TF can crow that see... see... I was willing to spend $$ (then turning to wink at Stone)

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Knox for Tucker is the perfect type of move.

Knox is a distressed asset. PJ can help push them forward. Knicks having salary space makes a move easier. You could look at some guys who are distressed assets in Frank Ntlikina or Kevin Knox. They have 2 picks to offer in 2021. They haven't made the playoffs in like 7 years. They are a perfect match.

KZ Okapala + Harkless (salary) for Tucker also seems reasonable. Maybe you could pry Herro for Oladipo (probably not). If not Herro, maybe Robinson, if not Robinson then definitely Achiuwa and a pick. Miami needs to compete now. Butler is old and he came to win in Miami. Oladipo may be an option next year for them but Butler will be another year older. They want to compete quickly.

Both the Knicks and Heat fit for both PJ and Victor.

The Nuggets and Hawks do too. MPJ is clearly target #1. I'm 100% certain. Collins would be an intriguing target but I don't know if the Rockets have interest. Both of these deals would take some extra draft capital clearly. This is a mix of a buy and a sell. we likely won't draft a player better than MPJ.

The teams that fit one seem to fit both except for the Bucks, Lakers and Nets who would solely be reasonable trade partners for PJ.

I hope trades come sooner than later. I cannot wait until March 25 to get at least two of Eric, PJ and Victor out of here.

9. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -6.1 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -2.8 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Gary Harris
    26 year old, 6-4, 205 lb SG from Michigan State
    9.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.6 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Zeke Nnaji
    20 year old, 6-11, 240 lb PF from Arizona
    3.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.1 apg in 10.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Victor Oladipo
    28 year old, 6-4, 210 lb G from Indiana
    19.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.6 apg in 32.2 minutes in 2020-2021
    Denver Nuggets Trade Breakdown

10. ROXTXIA

You ain't bulls***tin'. March as a Rockets fan is gowanns 2 B a long, long, loooooooooooooooong time.

treyk3 likes this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

Not saying I would, but Tucker has drawn interest from Brooklyn who has almost nothing left to deal... Porzingis is on block maybe... with his large contract he shouldn't cost much talent... him next to Wood could work...

To Rockets:
    Porzingis

To Nets:
    Tucker
    Exum
    McLemore

To Mavericks:
    Dinwiddie
    House
    D Jordan
    Claxton

Mavs know Jordan from before, Claxton and House are younger pieces to build around...

Nets can maybe use Tucker at 5 with Durant being a bigger forward...

Not sure I want Porzingis at that money, but he would fit with Wood maybe...

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Has a team ever traded to get their swap back? I'm curious if it's possible to offer OKC one of the many other picks we have in exchange for full ownership of our pick this year.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit you're very far sighted. Thanks.

D-rock likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Harris is a negative at this point.

I could see Denver getting Oladipo without giving up MPJ and this is a good start.

Oladipo is probably worth the equivalent to 2 valuable Assets. Nnaji would classify, so add a pick or another young player. Harris would take a pick to take on especially in a deal where we give up a much better player on an expiring salary and take on another year at 20M of a bad player.

Add 2 of RJ Hampton, Bol Bol, FRP if you are taking on Harris at this point.

sydmill likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They aren't naive.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jordan has been playing very well for the Nets lately. They won't trade him.

17. Landry's Tooth

I get it, just see it hard for Dallas to punt on the position and the Rockets have a negative number of centers in total it seems...

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I don't think it requires them to be naive. If the Rockets keep free falling and are sellers at the deadline they are a slight favorite to keep their pick. And if they do improve the pick could end up in 7-12 range. There probably is a point where OKC prefers something like the Blazers pick, Mil 22 unprotected, or the right to swap for the Brooklyn pick in 25 or 27 which are unprotected.

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Trade deadline is set to look like a fire sale.

20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Kennard is a much more dynamic playmaker than McLemore. But yes, both are turrible on D.

He's on a big deal and not getting run, so he may be someone the Clips would be willing to just give away. We aren't winning immediately anyways and need playmakers badly. I think Kennard could rebuild his value quite a bit on our team.