1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF is going on?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 28, 2021.

1. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

john wall started to carry this team

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and no shooting coach!

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do think sometimes one player can have a big impact on a team, we see the same thing with better teams, like the Lakers look different without Schroeder, (and AD too) but you add that one guy and once again they are dominant. Why is that? Well, his skillset just allows them to do a lot more things and less dependent on one player.

What Wood does is the same. He makes it so we're less dependent on Wall and gives us an inside presence, something we simply don't have. He's someone the defense has to react to and he takes the pressure off of other players. He's about a sure 20-10.

I'm not saying we'd be 10-0 with Wood, but maybe we'd have won 3-4 games and maybe we wouldn't be on an 11 game losing streak.

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Tanking isn’t great when you have only a 14% chance of getting a top 4 pick. We’ll likely end up 5 or 6 (26% odds) and that is great only for OKC.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

WTF is going on is we went from a team that thought it had something to play for to one that doesn't.

Welcome to the very early stages of what a real rebuild looks like. Wanted Tank? Got Tank.

#65 jim1961, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Nook and durvasa like this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I've always been on board with tanking. But we need to tank while playing the young guys. I don't think John Wall should play another minute for the Rockets. He has no value to us. PJ Tucker needs to be traded already. He shouldn't be playing either.

show me KMJr and KPJr. I don't mind watching young guys develop and lose. What I can't watch is players with no potential go out and get destroyed every night.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Once we show that they have no value to us, they wont have any value to anyone else either.

Nook and groovemachine like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The reality seems to be the Rockets were running on anger and disrespect.
    They had something to prove and they went all out
    but
    in the end . .. . after Wood went down . . .they gave in to dispair
    and could not maintain the energy

Rocket River

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is the Paul-Westbrook trade the worst trade in sports history?

Great work, everybody. Job well done.

Nook and YOLO like this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

They have no value to us cuz they are really good role players. We don't need those type of guys cuz we have no stars.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is the house that Tilman built. This is the Joe's Crabshack of basketball

luckyman76 and Nook like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

...and we were told that we couldn’t trade these vets and tank with these rookies because we would create a losing culture and after 6 game win streak we had #1 defense and a team with a great culture. We couldn’t upset Cousins because he is Walls friend. They lose a young player in Wood and fall apart.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No one is going to pay $40+M for a role player (Wall). But your point has some merit with some of the other guys. It would have more if some of them could shoot better.

Nook likes this.
  14. markiboy

markiboy Member

They quit and I am fine with it. Hope that they can secure the top 4 pick in next year's draft!

Nook likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Wood is really good.
    Team is poorly constructed, too many role players, no offense generalship and poor shooters.
    Wall depressed his bff got cut.
    PJ refuses to shoot corner 3s, might be hurt idk.
    Danuel House.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

“TOP 4 PICK OR BUST!”

:D Sure is a lot of b****ing going on for a majority that wants to lose and tank. Oh they’re losing alright! What’s the problem?

“Yeah but I wanna lose with the young guys instead of the veterans!”

:rolleyes: Losing is losing. And the G League season ain’t over yet.

napalm06 and Nook like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I just love the ball movement.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I never said we could trade wall. I said if we just bench him and don't let him play eventually he may get restless and let us buy him out of his contract...

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are tanking and the players know it.

DD

cheke64 likes this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yup and... Philly had a historically, purposely, TTP tank and they haven't won a chip and honestly they won't this year or next. Top WC takes them out if BKN or MIL don't first.

I'd rather stay competitive, be first round fodder and trade/draft well. Giannis, Draymond, Siakim, Jimmy, Bam, PG, Middleton, were mid to late 1st rounders, then you have guys like Scola, Manu, Parker, Gasol, Jokic, that were 2nd rounds some very late. our talent black hole is Morley trading our 1sts away year after year. Should have been trading up to mid 1st to look for Donovan Mitchells, Bams, MPJs, SGAs, etc... those type of great roster players with star potential.

Winning culture matters and to trash it for young potential players always sounds better on paper. Look at the Kings, Knicks, Magic, etc... top picks and at best they got role players. Even the other teams that hit with their top picks the last few years still suck. Mavs suck, Hawks suck, Grizz average, Suns with all that draft talent still sucked until CP3 which proves my point.

there are worst things than losing and it's losing idiotically which we are doing.