1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. raining threes

I tend to agree with you on this. However as fans all we can hope is the new GM with an excellent track record can rebuild the team properly. My biggest problem is for the reasons you listed this team wasn't built correctly to be championship contenders from their inception.

Agents come and go more often than you think. Ask Master P about this. VY's agent etc....

2. raining threes

I'm certainly not emotional about this.

I'm looking forward to the rebuild since I didn't think the Texans could ever win a championship with DW4 at QB.

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

One of the top 3 QB`s in the league and you think the Texans could not win a SB with him? I agree, but not because of D4 but the lack of football IQ from the front office and the dumpster fire that this team has created

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is where i'm at. By the time the Texans can build anything around Watson his prime will be over. They are so inept at drafting and signing players Watson is doomed to mediocrity.

Plowman likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The question is "COULD THE TEXANS EVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP?"
    The Texans couldn't win with Mahomes, Brady or Montana with the way they operate. It starts from within.

6. raining threes

I'm a believer that Watson's contract will prevent the Texans from ever winning a championship, so they should move on from him.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. Texanstradamus

If they do ever draft an elite QB again they should get rid of him once he gets paid and rebuild ? My problem with this logic is that the Texans had a very good roster around watson his 2nd year in the league the problem is they listened to Watson and kept obrien around which doomed the franchise

cmoak1982 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I prefer the package where Watson doesn't get what he wants and stays a Texan.

rfrocket and TheFreak like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

the nfl seems to change very quickly. The eagles are now a dumpster fire. The Broncos haven’t been good for a number of years now. The Bucs hadn’t been to the playoffs in a decade and just won the SB. The 49ers were in the SB 2 yrs ago and last year finished last in their division and don’t know who their QB is going forward.

the famous one ten loss team becomes a ten win team every year... actually happens.

this doesn’t mean it’s likely the Texans win a SB anytime soon. They could suck for two decades.

but they’re at where they’re at.... and for all the b****ing about culture... the problem is their assets not their culture. The problem is Billy O gutted the team of players AND draft assets simultaneously while not leaving the team in any amazing cap situation either.

the irony is the best course for the Texans is probably if DW sits the whole year, they really suck and either he suits up next year or they trade him then. The second best option is a tie between he shows up and plays and they trade him to the Jets for a MEGA haul.

the least useful option is they trade him for an “ok”
    package.

raining threes likes this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m in the same place. Just looking at the roster, this team honestly might not win a game next season. I mean, they could always luck into a win somehow, but the talent level is utterly abysmal. Watson is a luxury I’m not sure they can afford to keep when they have so many holes to fill literally everywhere else.

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  11. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is there a superstar quarterback that will be out in the 2022 or 2023 draft?

If we are so bad that Cal fires Easterby and we get to guarantee a franchise QB - I'd be willing to give up Watson and winning any games up to the next two seasons. I honestly did not have much optimism while BoB was here, but didn't realize Cal would double down on Easterby this offseason. Tragic.

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy might still be available:
    [​IMG]
    Great name too!

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is he Christian though? :eek:

14. conquistador#11

The three stars are all in this draft. Lawrence, Wilson and Lance. That's why if a trade has to happen it has to be this year, but then we don't know if there is any interest by this team of drafting a qb and starting the clock. Next year's qb draft class is more like the 2014, except one guy.
    We can all agree on one thing though. The Texans haven't been boring. Number 1 topic league wide!

Pringles and raining threes like this.
  15. Pringles

Pringles Member

Bummer. Then I am more confused on why we haven't even picked up the phone and listened to offers.

Honestly, how can anyone be excited even if we kept Deshaun Watson? He doesn't want to be here. We signed David Culley which was a hiring out of the left field, and Easterby is still here.

It's looking bleak. :/

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What is this BS based on? Because he didn't throw O'Brien under the bus in public?

Someone please show me where Cal was going to fire O'Brien and Watson prevented that, otherwise this talking point needs to stop.

Cal kept O'Brien, that's on him and him alone.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

this is some revisionist bs.

Watson was not the reason y we did not fired BoB. Hell we kept him after the chiefs fking game. It was owner/front office incompetence to keep such a sht hc around b/c of dem division titles.

Hell we had posters like booby and scarface defending BoB to the very end.

"it was all watson fault that doom the franchise", what a fking delusional take.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don’t think Murray would want to play for the Texans. He can always go play baseball.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No thanks. A straight up swap isn’t worth Watson.