1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is not a franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I just threw up in my mouth.

The first issue is, John me-me-me Wall will never allow himself to be the 2nd/3rd piece. As we clearly saw to start the year when he should have been making a conscious effort to have Wood featured in everything.

Secondly, dude does not play winning basketball. As long as he's on the team as a 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th option that team just ain't winning.

How good is it when the Rockets get momentum and he throws it all away with his horrendous ballhog drives that should be counted as turnovers not missed shots.

I'd rather watch Chuck Hayes play the point.

2. HardenVolumeOne

will wood be the new harden on clutchfans, i expect a trade wood thread, or a i have grown to hate christian wood thread if he has a bad game lol.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Alright sounds good. Don't disagree or question drock I get it.

Honestly my comment wasn't derogatory or condensending or sarcastic in nature. Also it is relevant to this discussion but whatever. I am genuinely amused at the John wall hate so I said something. You prob post like 100 times a day so maybe it just sticks out more. Looking forward to reading the 50 or so comments from you that I have not gotten to today.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wall would be very good 6th man.

But once he stops running fast break hard, sit him.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Wall had 12 assist tonight? lol

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Did we win?

Was it even close, at all?

I'm all for him and Dipo padding their stats, more trade value.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I can also count 12 horrid passes from Wall.

I can also count multiple times he didn't make the right pass. How laughable was that fast break.

I can count at least 5 times he didn't pass to Oladipo when he should have.

Or are we just looking at the box score and not actually what goes on during the game?

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Lowry can be a second option...

If we had Kawhi/Pascal and some sick role players, yeah Wall can be a 20-8 man with good defense 100%.

#168 RudyTBag, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  9. HookemHorns1250

I was confused as heck as to why people were messaging me calling me out for saying Wall could
    Be a second piece to a talented team. I realize now that I typed wall instead of -Wood-. I was saying that Wood could possibly be a second piece if he were to continue to grow as a player.

I apologize for the mistype there.

10. HookemHorns1250

I just went back and read my comment. I apologize for the rant. I was confused as to why you were thinking I meant wall as a second piece... then I realized I typed wall instead of Wood haha.

Again I was in the wrong and I apologize. I was meaning that Wood could possibly be a second piece if he were to gain weight, improve even a little on his jumper, and just learn to be in better position on defense, which is all possible given that he’s finally going to get consistent playing time.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No that's not a solid sample size.

Yes you are allowed to be optimistic but you are going overboard.

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

the real question is....

Is Keith Jones a franchise trainer?

FrontRunner, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

To me it's like the Rockets Veterans are a Bad Influence being greedy and not sharing the Scoring Numbers, developing Younger Players Quickly.

John Wall, Victor Oladipo must take 25 shots, Eric Gordon 18 shots.

Christian Wood takes 15 shots and Christian is the best Player.

JaeSean Tate is not even featured in the offense, just Garbage Points or Offensive Rebounds.

Wall, Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker, Kurucs, McLemore all need to go.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Admitting a Mistake takes a Strong Man to Admit.

Rockets4Life13, Mathloom and D-rock like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Day to day

B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I disagree.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not part of the tank brigade but with the team playing so badly anyway it may be time just to put the team out of its misery.

As good as he is Wood shouldnt be the difference between 9 game losing streak and 6 game win streak wtf! The tankers are right at this rate Wood would be old by the time the Rox have any sort of relevance. In that case they should trade Wood now for Wiseman rather than wait for Wood tonget disgruntled and the Rox end up getting a low FRP or something.

Rumors are GSW and Dallas could be in talks for a Porzingis and Green+Wiseman swap (lol) and while GSW prob wont be dumb enough to do that they might be open to getting Wood. Wood doesnt cost the max like Porzingis and has def outplayed healthy Porzingis all year.

Wiseman is too young to keep pace with Steph and Wood is too old and too good to be part of a youth movement, IMO we can even add Tucker to offset Green's loss while in getting both Green and Wiseman we at least end up with a decent sized frontcourt. Wood is even the same age as Wiggins and Oubre so they can build on that post Steph. Seems like a good deal for both parties to me.

https://tradenba.com/trades/Yhmj3A35E

Mr Woods likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is so much fail in this thread.

Of course Wall is the franchise player, he said so himself.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cannot wait to watch these 2 play together.

But I'm not anxious to see how Wall will sabotage them and Silas will passively let it happen.

20. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

It is, and the team going from the hottest to the worst the second he left the lineup doesn’t help your case