1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yikes that was an ugly close.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I finally got stopped out of CRM early today after buying it a couple of times last Feb.-Apr., I think. I put a 12% stop on it, and it hit. Oh well, I made a nice return. Their forward guidance is what killed it from what I saw. I still think it's a good company, though. I'm hoping it pulls back more, and I'll probably jump back into it. My only regret is that it was in my taxable account, as was PLUG. I don't work anymore but will still be paying a nice chunk of taxes from the looks of it. Sunuva...

whag00 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Thought the market only went to the moonz?

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

CCity Zero and Dr of Dunk like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Twitter has unlimited posts. You can do an ice cream cone every hour and force the hedge funds to pay you to stop. Lulz

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Except most hedge funds would be long. :D

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

got into some altcoin the other day, $FTM, to the moon I hope

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think this momentum options trader I follow has the right idea, trade m-th and forget Friday. They do it full time but the contracts they move are wild to see, and they basically only trade within the first few hours of the day and call it. It's definitely not for everyone and I don't think I'll ever be able to handle the swings on options the way they do but it is pretty impressive to see their plans unfold.

Note I don't follow their positions or make their trades I just think it's interesting to watch for their updates and maybe catch something I can adjust on my plans. I also like that they're not promoting a service and will post their wins and losses.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

@saitou what do you think is a realistic PT for PLTR in 1-2 year time frame?

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I don't know. Relative to the growth of saas stocks I think its richly valued but deservedly so since its gov stuff is unique (moat!) but it's hard to say how much that premium is worth.

I loved it when it was at $10 and sold at $30+. Started a smol position at $28 recently but got stopped out quickly. Looking out for a good re-entry. What's your thoughts on the near term price action?

edit: https://www.sec.gov/edgar/search/?r...nologies%20Inc.%20(PLTR)%20(CIK%200001321655)

#15511 saitou, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

hey that's me! hahaha.

have 5000 shares of BLSP which i bought at 1 cent that I'm ok with losing, what's irritating is that whenever i alt-tab back to my portfolio window i will get an app freezing pop-up about the suspended status that i need to click thru... until 11 march FML.

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

When fundamentals still had some relevance last fall, my friend who works at PLTR gave it a 12-month target of $15-18 when it was still trading around $10.

saitou likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If Cathy would stop buying it would be below $20 by now with the insider selling, she should just let it deflate a bit so everyone can get a better entry price :p seeing how insider sales of old but newly ipo companies get scheduled, this could go on for months.

Been reflecting on the recent volatility. Is it correct that bond yield has gone up because people are scared of inflation making cash/bonds the worst thing to hold (hence yield has to increase to encourage ppl to buy)? If inflation worries are true then the answer isn't cash; best thing to hold would be high cash flow generating companies that can grow that fcf. Should we all just buy googl aapl and call it a day? Lol. I could screen for low price to fcf, but for a safe start googl and aapl seem good.

#15515 saitou, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Feels good to be 90% cash and not worry about this correction. Hopefully March is better; Next week I think we run on stimulus hopes, then might keep dumping

Ziggy likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

~~ 70% cash; will start shopping / making big plays a couple days after tax deadline , ~~ 15 April,

including, but not limited to, following up on this suggestion from @saitou

#15517 adoo, Feb 27, 2021
    Rodman23 likes this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

googl / fb / aapl are all cash cows, w PE ~ 30.

i would also look for cashflow rich co, w high growth, w cyclical / industrial exposure, such as

• cash rich GM, consumer big ticket items and EV, w a PE of less than 10
    • cash rich ATKR, w exposure to housing, w a PE of 16

#15518 adoo, Feb 27, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lots of people moving to value stocks already. And lots of people already sitting on them - for years - with meager gains.

Sajan and saitou like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Y'all busted.

CCity Zero likes this.