1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Nick Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Feb 26, 2021.

1. vince

vince Member

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scharping should be released. He's always getting pushed backwards.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Oh it’s the latter for me. Remember BoB was under the impression that he was gonna be given a few years to build this team hence the ridiculous “don’t judge me until 2-3 years from now” comment.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This is why any talk of digging in with DW4 doesn’t make any sense. Won’t be able to fill all these holes via FA and the current draft picks so we are looking at a shell roster with a QB that may or may not show up.

raining threes and Hank McDowell like this.
  5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

When he was signed someone said the Texans just spent top tier money on the fifth best center in the division. Apparently he graded worse than one of the teams backup.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Why in the hell is Fulton still on this team? Cut him too.

raining threes likes this.
  7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously he IS a cultural fit

raining threes likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

After what we witnessed last year. Besides Deshaun, name me 1 player even worth keeping? Might as well just cut the whole damn team.

9. conquistador#11

playing broken armchair GM is all I have left. In the draft and off season threads, it was about moving on from Deshaun, this is completely different I promise.

If they're crazy enough to stand off against "The player's" agent, this is how I would spend Kyle's money if I'm Nick with some little soft whispers from easterby:
    $41 million in cap space should be enough to improve any roster for a normal organization.

$17 million of that $41 mil can bring in all of the following guys: Jason Mccourty, John Simon, Brian Hoyer and Malcolm Butler. You might know Malcolm. He played in this little game known as the Superbowl. AGAIN WE ARE NOT PATRIOTS SOUTH!!!! All very versatile. All are Studious, Tough and Durable not the same as Smart Tough and Dependable!!!

After that Patriots shopping binge high, I mean quality free agent acquisition, $23 million left to play with.
    13 million for Saints safety, Marcus Williams, he is young.
    7 million for DT Adam Butler. I REPEAT Not Patriots South!
    And that's how the 40 million is spent. I wanted other targets at CB and DT in free agecy but one of them has two baby mamas, unless he is ridiculously good looking.

37 million spent and 4 million left for the Draft signings

Base 4-3
    Safeties: Reid,Williams
    CBS: Roby, Butler
    LBS: Greenard, Cunningham, Jacob Martin
    D-line: Omenihu, Adam butler, Blacklock, Simon
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Alternate ending:
    You could also trade Tunsil to the Jaguars who need a LT for their Clemson stud and can afford to absorb the contract. Get their late 1st this year and their second from them. Howard switches to Left Tackle, Heck to right Tackle. You can acquire your edge rusher and then some with the money from the Tunsil trade, plus draft an impact cornerback with the late first round round pick and best available anything with the second round pick.

Oline: Howard/Max/Rookie/Fulton/ Heck. The thinking is that the better Oline coach will finally be able to get this line to not make brain farts and play in unison .
    RBs : Johnson/Jaret Patterson/Howell
    WRs: Cooks/ Keke/ Hansen/ Coulter/ rookie
    TEs: Jordan Akins, Pharaoh Brown, Water polo guy
    QB: Hoyer, McCown. (Watson gets traded after some information goes viral in week 3)

I also looked at other choices in the draft but their names were a little too Muslim for this holy advance. Don't judge! I kept Pharaoh and he wasn't very nice to Moses. Remember when they were measuring snakes? Pharaoh took it out thinking he had the biggest snake in Egypt. Moses was like hold on one second my former hermano.. Moses' snake ate the Pharaoh's snake. A lot of snakes in Egypt and over there on Kirby.
    I kept David, lovely name.

TLDR; So many options, some excellent ones in keeping Deshaun or moving on from Deshaun for any competent GM. But the toxic culture from the suits will be the downfall. The David Johnson nonsense is not to save face on the Hopkins "trade". It just shows the influence easterby had over o'brien in pushing out Deandre. David Johnson is eaterby's little spawn. easterby is still proud of it. Stand your ground David, don't take a pay cut! Having never heard Cal speak, I didn't think he would be one to be bamboozled so easily until he gave the GM reigns to BoB.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Who cares about freeing up money. NO ONE WANTS TO COME PLAY HERE.....

SWTsig likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Love it. Next up LB Mckinney & for the love of gawd cut RB David Johnson.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Nimo

Nimo Member