1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panic Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 26, 2021.

?

Trade for Star?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Im not even going start with you. You need to check in clinic already.

2. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Less Le$$ please.

D-rock likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The issue with your thread my man is that no superstars are on the trade block unless you consider the Unicorn (the guy who never plays anyway) a star player.

Not only that, even if a star player did want to come here gutting the team for them is a backwards move because you're trading away assets to not even go any where.

There is definitely a time to go all in...now is definitely not that time.

raining threes likes this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

embrace the tank

raining threes and jimmyv281 like this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

How are you gutting team by Adding Wood and Expiring? plus picks. Not getting that. but i kinda do. Needless to say the Nets picks are crap, and those picks swaps are crap. IMO

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

As much as it pains me to say this, I think we have to stay patient until the trade deadline and play our cards right. I often get frustrated with Silas's lineups, but I'm giving in to the idea that he's doing things to hold onto players value. Gordon needs to keep averaging close to 20, Dipo has to get 20 or more, Tucker has to get a lot of minutes, etc. That's why Mason Jones doesn't see the court - because we can't afford this close to the deadline too give him minutes even over McLemore who we want to have value with teams looking to load up and desperate.

Based on how things are shaping up, it should be a sellers market. Most bad teams are not going to part with their best pieces (Timberwolves, Pistons, etc.), and most of the league will be in the playoff mix somewhere, in which case many teams will be looking to beef up their roster. Oladipo should get some attention around the league, as should Gordon, Tucker, and House. The team has made clear that they are looking for players as well, and although I know some people are in love with Herro, I could see us packaging players + picks to make a run at Collins to form a future front court with Wood.

burlesk likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean...

But not only this. Wall's value to a team right now is a starting PG, that's about it.

Wall + Giannis/Durant/Harden/Lebron whoever you want to pair him with isn't going to do much for you.

But the main issue is there are no star players wanting to be traded for now so the discussion is pointless.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Maybe one of those pick swaps with the nets could be good? 2025 and 27 are good right? Could that net you top 5 pick if nets bottom out.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised “Let’s make a trade for Harden” with our assets...:confused:

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes, trade wall + deep + thicc + mr funtime for turtle wesbruke.

then sign jerry lin and bring up any dleague players to fill in empty slots. build a supertank the world has never seen before

[​IMG]

HP3, jimmyv281, burlesk and 1 other person like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why would anyone care about wins now? Our best player is injuried and the the rest of the players I care about besides Tate are in another league right now.
    Just embrace the god damn tank.

There is no one on this roster besides Wood, Tate and a few dudes on the Vipers that are part of the future plans for this organization. If we could trade Wall now for some picks I gladly would and same for Dipo, Tucker, House etc. Maybe keep one veteran like EG to be a veteran presence a la Love in Cleveland.

#31 fchowd0311, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    burlesk and DrNuegebauer like this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Why is the only option to trade every asset we have for a superstar??

Better pathway might be (not in order)
    1. Embrace losing the rest of this season. We are 3rd worst now.
    2. Hope to get a top 3 pick
    3. ditch Ego to create max cap space
    4. Prior to deadline, move Tucker and Oladipo for young talent (read rookie scale)

We would be left with some talent on the roster, cap space to swing for the stars, and a top 3 pick to build around.

Plenty of assets to support the top3pickguy and make moves to build the right roster in the coming years.

Might not compete next year, but give it 2-3 years and things could happen.

burlesk likes this.
  13. HROZ

HROZ Member

???????

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I must say the collection of tank pictures are very impressive in recent threads. Embrace the tank get young and find your new franchise player. Next year Wall’s contract expires will be easier to move.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Now this is a meltdown!

raining threes and HP3 like this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Can we try to trade dipo, kpj and 3 first round picks for harden?

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Team is clearly tanking to get a top 4 pick. All discussion should be towards draft prospects and the likelihood of getting a top 4 prospect.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

And he hated playing with Wall.

With good reason, Wall is a star only in his own mind.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

BamBam likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This thread would make sense if our young players are already good enough to be solid rotation players on a contending team. But they are not. At this point, only Wood can be viewed as that. And you propose to trade him. All the other young guys might have potential but they are at least a couple of years from being solid. Your superstar wouldn't have the patience to wait for them to develop.

Plus, while Wall is a good starting PG, he is not good enough to be a second star on a championship team. So what you need is not just trading for one superstar but two.