1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

AOC joins attack on Biden’s child migrant detention center

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 24, 2021.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Tbh, she looks a bit guilty here, but I forgive.

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

We absolutely need to come together and fix the immigration process in this country, but I'm not sure that jibberjabbering on twitter is going to get it done.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Except they were not doing the same thing.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is more of an abstract answer. @ElPigto got more to the question.

It make sense when a whole family crosses. Or, if the children have a family they're headed towards, that also makes the answer more clear. But it's really mind blowing that parents would send their 6, 8, 12 year old kids north with strangers without a plan for when they get here. Apparently conditions are that bad and the potential is that good that taking this risk is worth it.

We seem to know what the moral answer is to this problem, just not the practical one.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Only way to find out is to keep dishing out fire one-liner tweets and see what happens.

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

@Astrodome
    stuff like this is why people believe you support false ideas like the insurrection being led by fake trump supporters. If you regularly fail to deal in facts, people eventually assume you don’t care about them.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think part of the reason @Astrodome can't concede on this is the media bubble he consumed outside of clutch fans makes the extremely confident claims about this situation that if they were nalrsntly.lying it drops the mask of how fake the news he consumed is. To this day Fox News, OAN, facebook conservative groups spam this exact same narrative about how "Obama made the cages" and again, they make these claims in such a confident "matter of fact" that when one of these extremely confident claims is so easily debunked it would force someone like @Astrodome to consider that the entire media network he consumed is just fake and I'm not sure he's ready to acknowledge that.

That's my most generous take on why people like him keep on regurgitating these easily debunkable talking points.

And in this particular instance we can also slightly blame the mainstream media and democrat polticians for using catch phrases like "kids in cages" rather than explaining with nuance the situation.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't hear you beating your drum about only keeping kids in these trailers for 72 hours would be ok in 2019. You probably think there is only 11 million illegal immigrants in this country.

9. fchowd0311

I absolutely did and I pointed this out like 10 different times throughout the past 4 years dude. You just didn't pay attention.

Obviously you need a quick temp measure for unaccompanied children until you find their family or some temp foster home. Keeping them for 72 hrs is not going to traumatize them like keeping them in those same facilities for months in even a more crowded situation.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I like AOC and her heart is in the right place, but man she complains a lot. I get her complaint here, but this robot looks like a good idea, unless of course it turns on us humans. :eek:

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  13. fchowd0311

I think her complaint is the concentration of where we spend our money.

She has a point.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I understand the point of her complaint. I don't disagree with her. I think the robot is a cool idea.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this an actual shout-out, as in giving props, or sarcasm that the city is spending resources on policing (control not safety) rather than more beneficial community uses like education and healthcare?

Personally, I'm not a fan of this at all. There's no denying robotic uses are coming but this is too close to Metalhead for comfort.

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

AOC supports human trafficking unwittingly. She should let the border states handle it.

Also these are suddenly not CAGES. Interesting how that is playing out with the propagandists and their new word choices.

No one wants to separate children from parents, BUT they must be separated from human traffickers. The best thing to do is to not bring your child into that situation.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hell no. This is how you gradually lead up to terminators.

ryan_98 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

What border states, the entire US coast? Read up on human trafficking if you actually care about the issue.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member