1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they truly would rather the Rockets be mediocre as long as Harden's not around.

s3ts likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like you are making up the "off-ball play making" definition as you go along.

The term play making has never been about gravity and off ball movement. Curry is a great off ball player, he knows how to run around screens, but it still takes someone who knows how to pass to make the pass, or someone who knows how to screen to set the proper screen, and ultimately an entire system to work in unison with Curry. If Kelly Oubre cuts to the wrong side the play is dead, the Wiseman screens the wrong person the play is dead.

I have never heard of anyone refer to Rip Hamilton, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Kyle Korver or even Klay Thompson as great play makers because of their ability to get open off ball.

Playmakers have always been about what you can do with the ball in your hand, When people think play maker on GS, they think Draymond.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because our Harden-centric offense wasn't designed to generate 4v3 opportunities in space. Harden would run the pick and roll and move towards the basket. If the defensive help came from Dwight/Capela's man, Harden would throw a lob pass. If the defensive help came from the weak side, Harden would kick it out to the open shooter. If defensive help didn't come, he'd go for the layup or a floater.

KD chose to play for the Warriors instead of the Rockets. Should Harden get bonus points for that?

If Draymond Green played with Harden for his entire career, do you really think he would've developed the same way? Would Harden have allowed Green to be the primary ball-handler? I think we all know the answer to that.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Has there ever been a player whose gravity and off-ball movement disrupts defenses as much as Curry does?

You're also forgetting that he's the GOAT shooter. The game has changed so it's silly to cling to outdated definitions.

Yes, basketball is a team sport. Other than that, what point are you trying to make?

Were these players consistently causing defensive breakdowns due to their off-ball activity?

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Our Harden designed offense wasnt meant to generate 4v3 in space loooooooool, bro you gotta be kidding me XD. Bro I cant even LMAO

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

How are y’all gonna let this wekko kid derail this thread?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you cannot win
    Redefine what it means to win

So if you cannot prove Curry is the best playmaker
    Redefine what it means to be a playmaker

Troll ****
    People should not bother with that type ****

Rocket River

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In the past, the 3 pointer used to be considered a bad shot. Now, you can't win without it. The game changes. It's up to you whether or not you want to change with it.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I honestly just flat out fail to see how our offense wasnt "designed" to generate space in 4v3 situations when we have been doing it for years thats hilarious XDDDDDDD.

clos4life, s3ts and Rocket River like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

best that everyone just ignore this guy

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If Harden didn't run a pick and roll, we'd force the defense to switch until we had a mismatch in his favor. Then he'd go one on one.

How exactly were we trying to put ourselves in a 4v3 situation?

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Please link your analysis to show how constantly they have made this mistake as it relates to Curry, and your comparisons to other players. Link? I would love to see the detail.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I suggest you watch the games and look for it. You'll be surprised at how often it happens.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thank you.

That's why I stopped.

He is loving all this attention.

jcf likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Good point, we did try to use Westbrook in that role, but I was referring to the Dwight/Capela years. I should've been clearer.

18. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

This. y’all are detailing the thread by feeding this Curry troll.

jiggyfly, Wulaw Horn and Rocket River like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Again harden is the best playmaker in the nba. The man reads the plays and makes the accordion adjustments better then anyone playing right now.And yes better then currys imaginary off the ball gravity playmaking to lol

20. riko

riko Member

Harden might be the best gravity playmaker to lol

HardenVolumeOne likes this.