1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood will return before the All-star break

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 18, 2021.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This is the way. Wood can have like 15mpg. In fact, I would rather have him stand in the corners and spot up threes. Just run corner to corner. You gonna clog up the lane for Wall anyway.

2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Oh it’s in baby!!! I can feel it. Who’s on your wish list?

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What a freaking joke.

D-rock likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL isnt this just what you wanted?

5. Rockets4Life13

Everyone seems to be high on the college guys like Jalen Suggs and Cade Cunningham but i didn’t watch them yet. I really like what i see from Kuminga. Big, athletic and skilled, can even shoot the 3

sydmill likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  7. Convictedstupid

Good.

rockets1995 and napalm06 like this.
  8. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Cunningham has loads of talent but I question his killer instinct. He lacks effort/desire in the first half of games. Suggs reminds me a little of D-Wade but it's hard to tell because Gonzaga hasn't played anyone good this season and he's surrounded by 1st round talent.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is what I'm concerned about. But with Oladipo and our wings playing as bad as they have, maybe not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Why???

Have him sit otherwise Keith Jones preventative maintenance plan will have his ankle amputated by the end of the year.

D-rock, HP3 and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Keith Jones is Rocket kryptonite.

In any case, "erring on the side of caution" = Embrace the Tank. 50/50 for a chance to keep your top 4 pick is better than, say, 20/80, 10/90....

But soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, sooooooooooooooooooo, soooooooooooooo painful to watch.

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yea we might as well with only limited amount of games left... who knows Cade or any of the rookies could be our cornerstone of the future?? It’s all a gamble so I’m down to gamble with 50-50 odds than 20% odds

13. Mr. Space City

say he slipped in the shower and re-aggravated his ankle injury and shut him down for the rest of the season.

pay for his efforts in joe's crab shack gift cards under the table.

HP3 likes this.
  14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Love that he's sitting, and I wish he would be out longer, because we may win some games when he gets back. I'm all in on a tank this season. With the odds at almost 50/50 if we're in the bottom 4, I'm honestly okay if we don't land that pick, but I think we have every reason to try to get it. If we don't, it just wasn't meant to be, but how amazing it would be if we did!

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why... it would be pathetic....you are going nowhere by adding the pick to this roster... you are just being guaranteed years of mediocrity

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

WTF are you even talking about? We get it, you think the rockets should win every game. As a fan that makes sense. But, how do you figure that you are going nowhere by adding premier talent to your team? Just explain that to me? Did Hakeem take the Rockets "nowhere", Did Jordan take the Bulls "nowhere", Did LeBron take Cle "nowhere"?

napalm06 likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hopefully after all star break means like with 10 games left in the season once our bottom 4 record is guaranteed.

napalm06 likes this.
  18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This is super short sided thinking. We could move that pick in a deal for our next star as well, or that player could become a star. We’d clearly be worse if we didn’t get the pick. Being the best team to not make the playoffs is the worst spot to be in.

19. riko

riko Member

It coincided with the 10 game losing streak and his iso ball failure tour