1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Easterby - "Really? We got the 143rd best black coach available! What else does he want from us?"

Blake, mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

The resolution is to trade him so both sides can move on.

raining threes and whag00 like this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Always about the money. He'll sit out as long as he can, but will make it back to collect his $$$. If he does sit and comeback I wouldn't be shocked to see a Harden type effort. Bonus for Watson is this will reduce his trade value so the new team that gets him won't have to spend as much.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Honestly, they can’t get any more embarrassing slander/coverage than what they’ve already been to. In many ways, the media hit pieces have created a “nothing to lose” mentality that may just have them standing firm and holding on to his rights that don’t accrue even if he holds out (and meanwhile, they save a lot of money).

And while the Texans may have nothing to lose... Watson, while he may not care about money, does lose years of his prime where he could be accumulating stats/records/legacy.

The two sides will have to communicate in a non-childish fashion eventually.. but right now, there’s absolutely nothing going on to force the issue by either side.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You can’t half-ass it in the NFL. He will end up getting hurt and even further put his career in jeopardy.

primtim24 and raining threes like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We can only hope.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Spring 2022 can’t come soon enough......

JoeBarelyCares and Kemahkeith like this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I’ll believe he doesn’t care about losing $$, and paying back an 8 figure signing bonus, when he actually does it. Until then, I’ll go with the odds that he does care about $$.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You remember BOB'S last game? I've never seen a clearer case of an entire team half aasing it in my life. He could easily do that for a full season.

Hold just a little back on every pass so you don't strain your arm. Breeze though the first couple of reads and chuck it to the sidelines instead of trying to buy time and make a play and maybe get crushed between a LB and a DL.

Hell, it would probably result in less wear and tear than actually trying.

10. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Tell Watson drop your no trade class and then we will trade you.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Do what u gotta do Watson. No one in their right mind would want to stay with this pathetic, trash ass organization.

whole organization is garbage from head to toe

rockbox, Two Sandwiches and Dgn1 like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Won’t happen. There’s too big of a spotlight on these games, along with gambling implications, and any perceived “dogging it” by a superstar QB would be quite the unprecedented spectacle.

If he’s dead-set about not playing for the Texans... he won’t play. He won’t practice. He won’t be here. He will be fined. And its even less doubtful that a QB gets traded mid-season.

raining threes likes this.
  13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We will play hardball. This team needs the draft picks more than DW4 as BOB and Eastersnake decimated this team’s talent the last few years. We need so many upgrades we should just trade DW4 and be done with it. Too many holes not too.

But since it is the Texans we will wait until after the draft, watch him sit out 4-5 games and then move him for 75 cents on the dollar. Book it.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is what’s going to happen when Watson returns to the team for the season because he doesn’t want to lose his money. He will lead the league in passes thrown away out of bounds. He might show up out of shape or unmotivated, and his laissez faire attitude about practice, watching film, or being prepared for games will cause him to lose the locker room. Texans will be terrible and they will wish they traded him before the season to avoid all of this drama.

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s going to get traded. Texans are playing hard to get. It’s the oldest trick in the book, but it’s still in the book because sometimes it still works. It’s a bad situation for everyone though so it’s going to eventually get done. My hope is that the Texans don’t screw it up worse and end up making a lousy trade, but deep down I know that they will. That’s just what they do...

rockbox and DonkeyMagic like this.
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

Texans will not get fair value for Watson in a trade. I would much rather let him sit out the next season.

Sign Cam Newton or tank next season. Let him sit out until he’s ready to come back.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m shocked a 65 first time head coach with no primary coordinating responsibilities and zero championship experience couldn’t convince DW this is a team worth fighting for.

raining threes and Hank McDowell like this.
  20. Texanstradamus

Let him sit they won’t get fair value if they him it’s crazy after one lousy season he pretty much quit hell I can see if this was a Dan Gilbert situation and hell Lebron went back there after the stuff he said to me this was planned out for a while now