1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best action movie of all time: Die Hard or T2: Judgement Day. Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 25, 2021.

?

The goat

1. T2: JUDGEMENT DAY

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. Die Hard

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Predator, Schwarzenegger's victory dance over Rambo Balboa, with his biggest co-star no less

2. Buck Turgidson

Sticking to the 80's/90's

Die Hard and Aliens (1a/1b)
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Robocop
    Lethal Weapon 2
    Predator
    Total Recall
    Point Break
    Terminator
    Red Dawn
    Lethal Weapon
    True Lies
    Commando
    Rambo
    Delta Force or something with Chuck Norris

Roadhouse and Bloodsport are in a class of their own, and I'm assuming we're not talking about Westerns. Comedies like Romancing the Stone or Beverly Hills Cop could qualify, I guess they're Lethal Weapon 2ish.

Terminator 2 is the top movie that I don't understand why people love so much.

#22 Buck Turgidson, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

haha eating green berets for breakfast makes me laugh as much as this thread

[​IMG]

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

methought die hard was a xmas movie. hence the better comparison would be hard to die vs alone at home.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The Matrix and Fight Club were 99.

Otherwise I agree with your list.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Road House will always be a classic. This scene will always make me lol...

nsfw btw

7. VanityHalfBlack

Gotta add the Lethal Weapon movies in the mix. This scene here incredibly dramatic. They don't make action movies like this anymore.

8. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

T1 > Die Hard > T2.

I watched T1&2 recently, so both are still fresh in my memory. I still love T1. The entire sequence surrounding the night club scene is amazing. I watched that part twice it's so ****ing awesome. And Michael Biehn and Linda Hamilton are terrific. I love the scene in the parking garage when he is explaining everything to her. It's so ridiculous but they play it as good as it could be played. It's not a perfect movie, but has so many great scenes, and I simile during half of it.

T2 is kinda lame, but has a few great moments, and I think Arnold's sweet, playful version of the terminator is actually really enjoyable. Not crazy about the extreme way Linda Hamilton plays S.C. in this one.

The hospital breakout scene in T2 is not as good as the nightclub scene in T1 but is still awesome and the best part of the movie, imo. Towards the end there is a brief shot where Arnold jumps on the hood of a skidding 18 wheeler and starts machine gunning T2000 point blank, and it is ****ing awesome. The thumbs up is great and gets me, too haha.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.