1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

A lot of this went over my head, but i like the conclusion!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

29min? You're crazy. What does it say? TLDR?

saitou, Sajan and Cokebabies like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

WKHS up +20%

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Finally a decent pull back when I am actually sitting on a little cash ...I will probably just end up buying some apple. Lol

Sajan likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ETSY saving me after hours. Yeehaw.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, because before Robinhood, no little guy could trade. We all started with multi-million dollar accounts. All the immigrants, Americans, etc. trading and investing before Robinhood were loaded. Give me a break. lol. Robinhood just trying to defend themselves and win back some support.

Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Shares of Workhorse Group (WKHS +23.1%) and Oshkosh (OSK -5.3%) have reversed part of yesterday's action with a Bloomberg report indicating that a House Democrat is looking to halt the USPS contract.

lol.

CCity Zero and Ziggy like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am very curious about what's going to happened when they IPO.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

WKHS is tanking a bit afterhours. Y'alls saint, Cathie Wood, bought more of it recently, though. No idea what's going on there.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes. Especially for tech stocks. But I'm sure you've noticed that. lol. This is the interest rate scare everybody's been talking about for the last few months.

saitou likes this.
  11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Lol I dumped my Apple today in case the music stops playing. Barring another major covid spike, the economy is going to continue re-opening and I don't think it is unreasonable that we'll start going back to normalcy in the US by May. With all that extra cash and reopening, I only see the yield curve getting steeper. I will look to get back into Apple this spring whenever they launch their next IOS14 update as it will have a big impact on mobile advertising that falls in Apple's favor in the long-run.

whag00 and saitou like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn you, CRM. lol.

whag00, Sajan and Ziggy like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I liked yesterday better.

CCity Zero, saitou and Ziggy like this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

case in point, me

the son of immigrants, who were one economic level above minimum wage earners, living in the working class neighborhood of East LA.
    I’ve been trading stocks since I was in high school. I learned to trade options, awa shorting stocks, during my senior year in college, using student loans/grants.
    this was more than a decade before RH came into existence​

#15454 adoo, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    CCity Zero, saitou and Sajan like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I definitely agree with you, I mean anyone with low amounts could have made an account prior to RH with other brokerages, but I do think RH made it easier for people to try small daytrading with 0 fees forcing other brokerages to follow/compete. I also liked them allowing a smaller account to trade without needing more initial money to invest and act like a margin type account vs a general cash account - avoiding t+2.

Obviously most people on RH probably didn't read the fine print or realize nothing is truly free

That's pretty much where any praise of RH ends. if anyone has meaningful high dollar accounts/looking to trade large amounts they need to be on a real brokerage. I'm also definitely not defending RH and am glad they got exposed for those that didn't read up on them, and hope people don't let RH off the hook or get stuck having orders not execute.

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Will fed buy treasuries to flatten curve? Dont want to sell off before another rally.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Most new traders shouldn't be daytrading (just personal opinion). There are professionals that consistently fail at that for long periods and long-term data shows rarely do people come out ahead. What makes this scary now is we have people new to investing and daytrading on margin with no commissions in a period where everything is going up... for now. Like they say, it's a video game. As long as people wreck themselves, and not others, though, I don't have a problem with it -- it's just scary.

Also, there were zero-commission brokerages long before Robinhood like Zecco (00's) and Freetrade (back in the 90's, I think) that went under or were bought out for whatever reasons.

Part of the reason for the looney trading we're seeing is because there are no commissions. So I'm not sure how I feel about it, tbh. When I started out trading, I was scared to hit the submit button because I'd be out $10 per trade (and before that, I think it may have been even more per trade... can't remember). lol. There's no telling how many people got screwed over on the latest GME pump and dump trading in and out of that thing.

All this said, there are lots of new traders/investors I've seen on tv who actually do the research and try to jump in ahead of a trade and get in for the long-term or even short-term that should be encouraged.

#15457 Dr of Dunk, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

So everything with high multiple is getting rerated, what's the best possible stock to buy puts on, the most egrigious example u can think of lol.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Basically anything we buy in this thread. LOL. Seriously, though, we were trying to figure out what to buy during this in a Discord I'm on with some friends, but no consensus. It's like people were saying even things like copper had run too high, "gold should be doing better", "bitcoin isn't a hedge against the stock market - it looks like it trades with it", etc. Everything other than the "boring stocks" seemed to be getting sold off today, though. Many are thinking there will be a short-term rerating (next few weeks to month(s)) and then we'll be back to the re-open trade with some value stuff. No telling what the usual tech/SPAC stocks are going to do. It seems like even the ones reporting good earnings are getting beat up. Most SPACs should be getting beat up since even some of the most promising ones won't have product for 2 years (lol).

So in short... I don't know... I freed up some money and it's sitting on the sidelines. I'll just buy some more of various things if it tanks more. Just think it may be a bit of a rocky ride in the near future as people "lock up" past gains.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Every sector went down today, not just tech. Frustrating cos it's not clear to me unlike last feb when the pandemic was a clear time to sell. Looking at nasdaq last year we had similar drops in sep (shed 1k points in a few days) and oct, and then we went on a super rally from Nov to Jan.

I started a small trim today. Leaning towards cutting more tmr and buying puts on something. What's the rest doing?