1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. conquistador#11

This is almost as bizarre as the easterby entity.
    Russell did his hardest to avoid answering a question but Dan Patrick kept pushing.
    Now this.
    (That escalated quickly gif)

J.R. likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Only one being disloyal is Watson.

Texans may be incompetent, inept, poorly run...but can't really call them disloyal.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why be loyal to incompetence, ineptitude & stupidity?

REEKO_HTOWN, rockbox, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  6. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Watson needs to start listening to some better music.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not that I'm rooting for the Texans to come out of this ok until they get new leadership... but this will save them money, ensure they're awful (i.e. - #1 pick), convince them that its unsalvagable, and put them in a much better position to fill specific future needs with all their draft picks, more cap space, plus a trade chip in Watson.

How they handle Watson will be a litmus test for whether or not more future players want to attempt this strategy.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I guess there hadn't been any opportunities for people to post pics with their team's uni on Watson lately.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Did you not read his tweet? He told you. It's "everything"

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

12. SuraGotMadHops

Watson's act is getting tired. I don't blame him for wanting out, but he doesn't help the situation by not returning calls, complaining online while he's on vacation, and doing his primary communication through cryptic tweets.

Grow the eff up and be a professional, quit acting like a petulant child. Players these days drive me crazy.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I understand that players feel this if there ever was a time they can call their shot, It’s now.

I just feel like the timing of all of this is going to possibly blow up in their face... and the owners and the league are merely going to get even more stringent on regaining power (power that they’ve always had) over the players... except now they may be less giving with potential extensions and contract offers.

#1833 Nick, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

I love how players get called divas but teams just call it business and we’re always cool with that. People acting like DW is some high-maintenance diva. Just Bc he tweets, doesn’t mean it’s about the Texans (these are your assumptions). Saying he isn’t returning calls - how do you know this? Are you in the room with him? Those saying he’s acting like a child - how so? By repeatedly making his stance clear that he wants out? Seems pretty professional to me. Texans are the ones being unprofessional by not even evaluating offers. Perspective is everything. Why we view football players as commodities and not people is absurd. Why we project onto those players and act sanctimonious when they do what they want to is even more absurd.

ROCKSS and Dgn1 like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All this considered... signing contract extensions with lots of guaranteed money does have consequences.

the Texans don’t have to honor Watsons request to get traded any more than Watson is expected to honor his contract.

and unfortunately, for Watson, he’s in the wrong league to try and force things. We shall see where this goes, but I have a feeling it’s not going to work out for either side.

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

You guys just need to get over it, he doesn't give a dam about the money he may lose sitting out. Texans would look even more pathetic making him sit like some animal that needs to be broken in to act right. F@ck that contract and the money on it. The Texans are a boiling pot of sh*t over a camp fire. Easterby even has some of yall brainwashed. Fools!

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yes he does lol

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  19. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

They were loyal to the dude we cut yesterday. Hop. Oh especially Martin and Whitney.

Legit zero to see here when you say Texans and loyalty

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We ain't talking Monopoly money. That's real $$$ at stake. I expect a resolution.