1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is painful to watch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robjos, Feb 24, 2021.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yes lol it was sarcasm. This team sucks and it’s painful to watch.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

For the most part I don't even watch the Rockets anymore.. This is ugly very...

3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Anyone wonder if Cousins was given his full guarantee before being released to keep quiet about the tank?

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

Before the season began, the Rockets wanted to win and thats why they signed Wood. The trade requests by Westbrook and Harden altered the course of the season along with Woods' injury. This is smart by the Rockets. Take the tough times now and try and find some sound role players, get a high draft choice and let Silas continue to improve into an elite coach.

Deuce likes this.
  5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The best thing we can do right now is just not watch until the all-star break. Wait till it's all over and done with, wait till we've made some trades, and then watch once Wood is back, KPJ and Martin have been called up, and then at least there'll be something interesting worth tuning into.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just pray we get lose bad enough to get a top 4 pick... you don't want to imagine a future where we don't get a lottery pick after this year of Ls.

Meanwhile to keep yourself busy, just follow all top 5 lottery picks and see which one fits alongside Wood and KPJ the best.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol guys this isn't hard to understand, it's no conspiracy. The just a bad team, the players aren't bad per say, the construction of them together are. No, it isn't stone or Silas fault. This was a last minute roster that thought russ n harden would be here. So this expected. Carry on n be ready for next year

Mr Woods likes this.
  8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

People will start getting pissed if they win. Its going to be Epic around here.

[​IMG]

9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Biggest fear is Christian Wood coming back and carrying us to meaningless wins down the stretch.

Then we’ll definitely get the ‘I’ve grown to hate Christian Wood’ thread.

KePoW, OmegaSupreme and napalm06 like this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Meh... we suck!
    Once we move OliDipo & Tucker we will still suck!
    Getting Woods back gives us fans something to look forward to the rest of the season.
    Once you realize this team sucks it’s easy to swallow the boring losses.

Next season will be a development season. Hopefully it will be fun to watch the #1pick, KPJ, KMJ, Tate and Wood on the floor.

11. markiboy

markiboy Member

I don't even watch Rockets game since Wood was Injured

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not just about sucking, it's about having nothing to watch, nothing to be hopeful for, no developing young players. If you look at the other bottom teams, I'd rather be a wolves fan right now, because they get to watch Edwards. I'm sure they got more enjoyment of that dunk than I did at any moment in the last 10 rockets games. Or a kings fan, Fox looks like he's actually a star, and then Halliburton looks like the steal of the draft. Even though you aren't winning, you get to watch these guys every night and see them develop. The pelicans have Zion, the thunder have SGA and others...the point is, I don't mind having a shitty team that loses a bunch of games as long as you have young guys to watch. You get to root for your guys to develop, every once in a while you get that game where you shock the world, like the cavs OT win against the nets where Sexton dropped 40. You watch for these types of moments. We don't even have the potential for those moments with this roster. I have no emotional attachment to Wall or Oladipo, if Oladipo dropped 50 and we beat the Sixers or the Lakers or something, I really wouldn't give a ****. That's why this team is so depressing for me. That's also why I watched the Vipers game over the Rockets game last night.

So for me, watching the games the way I just described, I do think this is the worst year, at least for a while. And the second half of it won't be nearly as bad when we get to watch KPJ and Kenyon Martin on the team. The only other team I can think of in the same boat as us is Detroit. They seem to be in a similar position, just a horrible team of loser vets with no young talent to enjoy watching.

Rocket River and MettaWorldPete like this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was going to pull you over for saying Woods but you said Wood later in your post.
    I'll let you off with a warning.
    Be more careful next time

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, i see people in here that wanted to tank and now saying it's painful to watch.. smh.. What did yall think tanking was?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fun ball movement and moral victories!

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah it is. And it's the best direction the team can go right now. A top 4 pick is the best case scenario for the Rockets this year.

napalm06 and Ramo$e like this.
  18. MettaWorldPete

I've been a fan since 94 and this is the least enjoyable for me.

DreamShook and Ramo$e like this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Ssshhhhhh lol

jayfree likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

People want to tank but are not used to tanking lol. When was the last time Rockets rebuilt with the draft? For fans that haven't been around since the championship run. It is going to be really hard on them. Wall is not the future. He never was. He's just a contract filler because Harden wanted CP3 gone and wanted Westbrook. The effects of toxic Harden still being felt but I guess he gets let off the hook because he's not here. Of course we suck....This team was built the last few seasons for a guy who is not here. Hopefully Stone has a plan to bottom out and rebuild. Hope he don't get stuck trying to tread water like Morey had to with Les. Everyone over 30 needs to go. All Harden's players. (PJT, D HOUSE) They should have been gone around the time Westbrook was shipped out. I guess they wanted to see what they had with all the new players and try to make the playoffs? IDK but going like this they won't even make the play in. lol

jayfree likes this.