1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jan 17, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

My biggest issue with losing games was the risk of having to swap the pick. In the end, the team as is sucks. Winning a few extra games just to get the 10th swapped with the 18th would be a moral victory vs losing the 5th pick but the goal should be to build a contender. The more loses the higher chance of keeping the pick. Whether the team ends up with 5 or 12, it’s all going to be swapped with Miami, may as well go for pick 1.

sydmill and Trackwell like this.
  2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Even with that it’s still best to just roll with it

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

is this u conceding what we been trying to tell u a few days earlier? might as well attempt maximize our odds of getting the top pick by losing.

4. sydmill

sydmill Member

A lot of people have been ardent anti tankers. treyk3 was far from the worst and has pretty consistently acknowledged the needed fixes (trading the vets) even if he didnt previously support the destination (bottom 4).

Nobody should be gloating about being correct that terrible is the way to be.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

not gloating just wondering if he has now has a similar stance to something I been posting about. I already knew he was worried about the risk of losing the top 4 pick, just wonderin what made him came to the similar conclusion after I and others failed to convinced him otherwise.

sydmill likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they changed the rules to stop rewarding tanking....does us finishing with one of the worst records guarantee a top 4 pick these days?

DD

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

hopefully, but I see all those guys mentioned having very little value

groovemachine likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

When people think of tanking, it's not the coach telling his players to miss shots on purpose. It's not like the coach is going to call a timeout, and yell at his players when they go on a 10-0 run. It's simply about purposefully putting your team in bad positions that maximize their probability to lose.

I think it's pretty obvious that there might be something coming down from the top to tell Silas to maximize this team's losing potential. Getting rid of the only actually center on the roster to go small with players clearly not capable of playing this style is a tank move. Being an awful offensive team, and keeping a talented player like Kevin Porter Jr. in the G-league is a tank move. Benching Patton when he's actually playing decent rim protection is a tank move. It's all in the details.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No. 52% chance.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Geez that is a coin flip - hardly worth tanking for....

DD

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What do you want them to do? Wall oladipo etc played last night. Wood is injured. Do you want to to trade future picks for an upgrade so we can maybe play the lakers in the first round?

Icehouse, HP3 and Trackwell like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Stone isn't actively looking to trade Dipo and Tucker right now, he's failing as a gm. I hope he's actively trying hard to get at least some second rounders in return for them.

everyday eddie and Nook like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope...not anymore it doesn't. Gives us around a coin flip chance now.

Having the worst record guarantees a top 5 pick basically.
    2nd worst, top 6
    3rd worst top 7

So it's still very possible we land 5th which would really suck but at this point in time its the risk we must take.

Nook likes this.
  14. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Right !!

Nook likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want Suggs, Cade,
    who the hell wanted Dipo on this team? i'm about to slap a b****

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Homerism takes yet another L.

Trackwell and HP3 like this.
  17. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Yes!

Are we the worse team in the league yet ? Lol

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It’s us Detroit and Minnesota. Problem is the Rockets will win a game just having a hot shooting night eventually. When Wood comes back the defense will pick up which will lead to more wins. Need to keep the tank rolling. C’mon Stone do the right thing and trade all the vets.

Trackwell likes this.
  19. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

amen

20. Nook

Nook Member

Ridiculously small? No.

It would be close to a 50% proposition.

It is unnerving to people to lose all year and possibly have nothing to show for it.

JayGoogle, SamFisher and HP3 like this.