1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jarrett Allen, the Rocket who isn't

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 14, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My stance on it is right now that JA's value is not as high as people think.

When we hear rumors that the Rockets turned down getting more for JA I'll believe the 'cheap' thing but from what happened, doesn't seem like his value is that high.

Time will tell. I don't think many teams were interested in renting JA only to pay him a massive contract. Cleveland does. Ever since when do we look at Cleveland and go "Yeah, I'd really like our FO to make THOSE kind of decisions!"

At this point I feel like people are arguing over imagined trades and packages that do not exist for this player.

dmoneybangbang, Ramo$e and banzai like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

I would like to guess

Stone wants to trade for John Collins and Lonzo Ball

offseason
    Allen, Collins, Ball and Oladipo would cost Tilman $400 million before luxury tax

Is topfive willing to pay for Tilman?

If not, other 29 teams would outbid Tilman. Tilman would lose all of them for nothing.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

That Milwaukee pic tho!!! :rolleyes:

D-rock likes this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The REAL Rocket who isn’t. #Underrated

kevtse, D-rock, dragonwill and 2 others like this.
  8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Obviously the Rockets were never going to sign him long term. I feel like a traditional center is the LAST guy you want to sign to a team rebuilding from scratch. It does appear that the Rockets misjudged his value and overestimated Oladipo. At this point in time it's obvious that Allen would fetch more than Oladipo at the deadline...clearly more than a later first round pick. The guy looks closer to Rudy Gobert, who will be paid 40 million over the next 5 years.

I will say that watching him last night did make me pine for a real, honest-to-god big man, and reinforced how done I am with "small ball." It's comforting to take "chance" out of the equation and replace it with time-tested, cold, hard, boring truths.

"tall guy gets easy rebound"
    "tall guy stands with his arms up and discourages easy layup,"
    "tall guy finishes easily around the rim because he is tall"

#308 DCkid, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    napalm06, Shark44, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

jarrett allen 6'11 and just 22 years old as things stand today is currently top 15 in win shares, win shares per 48 and leads the nba in true shooting percentage

10. rockets13champs

Would rather save that $20M to Jarret Allen and use it on a superstar it’s simple as that. We ain’t tryna be a 4-5 seed at the end of this rebuild we’re tryna create a dynasty

would u rather pay $20-25M to Jcollins or J. allen. You gotta think of it like that

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

man this looking worse and worse. real verdict on the trade will be JA's salary in the off season.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

YOLO likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think allan at 5 wood at 4 would have been awesome to watch. Can't believe that didn't happen

joshuaao, napalm06, Shark44 and 3 others like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

A Capela/Wood/Tate front court would not have sucked.

Thanks a lot Russ.

Kevooooo likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm not gonna lie. After the game he had last night i'm like wtf Houston; why didn't we push for him. I think he's a Texas guy as well. That Milwaukee pick is gonna be crap. I still can't get there on that Harden trade.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nets wanted Harden so much they were willing to give up young star in JA.

Rightly so, even JA admits that trading him was the right decision.

But Nets also knew they had Nic Claxton in the wings.

17. MadRox

MadRox Member

Agreed, totally should have kept Jarrett Allen.
    I want to see us trading all the veterans for some more young talents to play along KPJ, Tate, Martin Jr, Wood, Allen

eliefor3 likes this.
  18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yup total garbage.

but it wasn't just for Allen (who is worth more), you had to deduct the draft capital cost of dumping prince. the bucks pick was just the loose change left over at the end.

still, eat the contract and keep Allen... and re-sign Allen... fit with wood or not, its just asset collection. the 4th worst record in the league shouldn't be concerned about fit. we need to collect talent and lots of it, at any position. we are as far away from having enough talent to contend as any team in the NBA. in fact we are pretty far away from even looking like we have enough talent to compete in the nba during regular season games.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Didnt want to pay him cause they knew he be Capela Light and make good money. There probably going to have to save there salary on who ever gets max first that being Wood or whatever young star they draft or bring in.

napalm06 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still SMH at Tilman and Stone.

Dumbassery at its worst.