1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 2/24/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Silas looks like he is about to cry but he is also the dumbass who keeps starting Tucker and giving him major mins. He also okd releasing Cousins wtf.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was enjoying it for awhile. Then I wasn't. We have a completely different team than when Harden played with Howard, Westbrook, CP3, or Clint and Harrell and Beverly.

We went from 2 stars and a center with a strong bench to no stars and no center and a bench as starters. With Wood it was more fun. That's why I'm not enjoying it. I always hated small ball AND iso slow dribble dribble. A lot of people hated Westbrook too, but I'd take his triple doubles over Gordon, Wall and Dipo any day.

#582 deb4rockets, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

spicy tweet...I like it

jiggyfly, s3ts and deb4rockets like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

This u?

Where is all that energy now?

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This is getting rougher and rougher to see

bro2044 likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’m officially done with the Rockets .Great job, team! Nine games...sheesh. Even when Wood comes back, it doesn’t matter.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is that an issue?

Cousins did not want to be here under the circumstances.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He went after these guys?

Where are you getting that from?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

I thought getting rid of Harden was all you needed and that this was great team to watch?

Now you are not even watching?

My how things flip so quickly.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

:oops::):D:p;)

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I just told you why. Scoff if you want. We wouldn't be great with Harden and no center or no Westbrook. Like I said, Westbrook's triple doubles were better than Wall, Gordon, and Dipo's game. PJ at center is, and always was stupid small ball.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. they did well playing a bunch of trash teams and without their better players. and folks who ate it up without actual context are now in shock that this rockets team really sucks

Allen had 26/18 because hes a good young player and it doesn't take playing the rockets to have games like that

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean he's the head coach. people are surprised a head coach doesn't approve of moves especially a new one. He must shut up and listen then. In which case, I guess it's true

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We would not be great but we certainly would not be on a 9 game losing streak either.

We would be fighting for a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

So now the only reason to watch the rockets is if we are great?

What does fair weather mean to you?

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

A rookie head coach with a new GM is not vetoing acquisitions especially in the circumstances he came into.

Yeah he is doing a lot of shut up and listening, who do you think is holding the most power?

Silas is way down on the list.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah right. We were winning so much before Harden bailed. Not. Then he bailed, so stop with your fair weather BS. I was enjoying our winning streak before Wood got hurt, we went to small ball, and the rest got streaky. Now I don't. That's not fair weather. Why don't you join the Nets forum if you love Harden the quitter so much.

cheke64 and J.R. like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean in the opening presser silas definitely gave the impression on cf's, this guy was going to have his share of having this roster fit a "silas offense". cf's was so excited but hey I guess it's now he has no power or influence on these players he has now.

if this is how it is now, then silas definitely isn't the coach for much longer and the wrong one at that if he shuts up and listens but I guess I shouldn't be surprised

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never got that impression from pressers and I know enough about the NBA to know a rookie head coach does not have much sway over roster decisions especially when you are trading a franchise guy under duress.

And especially when the owner is involved this much.

I don't know if Silas is a good coach or not but I am certainly not gonna judge him off of roster construction this year.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it can certainly be a case by case thing. Sure he's a rookie head coach but as much praise and nut-riding stone/tad was doing you'd think silas isn't just shutting up and listening. Didn't say I was judging him completely, but one things for sure he hasn't been as good as many thought he would be. And if he is indeed just sitting back it ain't going to get any better

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nope. Rox lost to a lot of teams missing their best players including Sixers without Embiid so its not like they were beating bad teams and then losing to all the great teams. Their lose streak is like 9 games by now they've lost to everyone whether it is a good team or a trash team.

Cavs themselves are a bad team with a 12-21 record so if your theory is correct how come Rox lost by 16 pts to the Cavs? Cavs are a trash team and a squad the Rox would have beaten during their 6 game winstreak. The problem is the Rox had C Wood before and now they dont it's not hard to see.

If we had C Wood putting up 25 and 12 over Tucker's 0 and 7 we would have won this game its as simple as that.

Allen is averaging 13 9 good nos to be sure but a far cry from 26 and 18. Literally double his average clearly Rox having 6'4 and 6'5 big men just allowed him to do what he wanted.

jim1961 likes this.