1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 2/24/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

Reeko, jerryclark, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Seriously. The one word answers and droopy face looking like he’s about to cry ain’t it.

You don’t see other coaches of tanking teams act like this.

D-rock and Hank McDowell like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Define 'win'

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The roster can definitely play better than what they are showing in the past 9 games. Thats if there's something to play for. I think we did well for a bit after the Harden trade partly because everyone played really hard for their own pride. But after a few losses everyone slowly stopped giving a ****, and realized there's no reason to try anymore.

Tucker is hustle player, and at his age why would he kill his body. Dipo doesn't want to get injured for his next contract, so he just takes bad shots to pad his stats. Wall is getting paid no matter what, he had that spark after he came back from a long layoff, but now that's worn off too.

Gordon is just Gordon, he's getting paid either way and is just waiting to be traded.

The only people out there trying are the younger/newer players like Tate and Nwada because they still want to prove themselves.

That's why I think we should get our g leaguers back, they are eager to improve and deserves to get NBA court time.

BunkoBenny and Mr Woods like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah they did well because they played a bunch of bad teams and better players out due to covid or rest. That streak was a pure gimmick. guys are definitely trying. But the team is just bad and showing its true colors

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

that sucked

s3ts likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think the GM and owner have more to do with the acquisitions than the new coach did. We started out with a plan around Harden and Russ. The Russ was gone for Wall. Then Boogie came. Then James left and Dipo came. And we have Tate, Brown, Wood, other late round picks all trying to mesh. Then you have injuries having your top guys miss multiple games. I’m just saying that is a lot going on when you are trying to win games.

I thought they were playing well for a stretch with everyone healthy and a steady rotation. I didn’t consider them real contenders during that time. Too many sudden changes, too many injuries, and too many new pieces trying to fit together. We just don’t have the overall talent level right now to do much in my opinion. With PJ and House still getting a lot of minutes we are doomed.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I decided that 3 games back. I look at the box scores now and just smh. Has Tucker ever had so many 0 pt games in a season? I saw tonight he had 2 turnovers and 0 pts. I used to love him. As for the rest, well honestly, it seems I got my hopes up too soon. I still see potential with Tate though. I'm just ready to see us get a star forward in that starting lineup, who is better than what we've got now. Isn't it time they bring up Porter and Martin for some minutes? It's not like we are winning anyway.

10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Last game I watched this season was the win against the Spurs.

coachbadlee and forchette49 like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

But what happen to u preferring watching beautiful team ball movement and losing over harden iso ball hogging ways? Teamwork and chemistry not good enough now?

Fickle fans with the bs "i rather we lose playing the right way of teamwork and beautiful ball movement over iso ball hogging ways".

jiggyfly, D-rock and s3ts like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I won't be watching a Rockets game until Wall is off the team.

I'll check the box score, lol at yet another woeful shooting night from him.

Laugh at the score, assume the team quit playing at some point during the game like they have a habit of doing.

And go on with my blood pressure in tact.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

On a lighter note.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Keep losing baby ;) I’ve stopped watching long time ago, we just need to get rid of some guys, bring in more youth, and for Silas to embrace the rebuild. I think though he might feel the pressure to play veterans and try to win from the owner.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Credit where credit is due. This tank is elite

17. gogispade

gogispade Member

Rock bottom?

18. TimDuncanDonaut

At this point it's a bit chicken and the egg. Tucker was not shooting well and team not looking for him anymore for the corner 3.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A career Rocketeer, but if they ain't rebounding, I have to do my business (chores). I can't watch a team that does not have a player that can rebound 10+ a game. You can play defense all you want, if you don't get more rebounds more than the other team it is likely a losing game. 33 rebounds tonight for the whole game is 90% losing in the NBA. So, I'll be watching 0 NBA and cleaning house.....

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah they did well cuz we had Wood scoring 20 and 12 instead of PJ Tucker with 0 pts 7 rebs in 30 mins.
    Its not a coincidence the team started tanking when Wood went down and more mins went to the 0fer King.

Allen had 26 18 and the highest plus minus in the game, thats cuz he faced dumbass microball with 6'5 PJ Tucker and 6'4 Tate. It's like a grown ass man playing with his kids Allen half a foot taller than anyone else add his arm leng all he has to do is stretch out to get the rebs. Microball is the dumbest **** ever even the Microball perpetrators arent rolling with it anymore Morey has Embiid, GSW has Wiseman and Dumbtoni has Jordan yet the Rockets still stuck in 2018. It was a dumb idea to begin with if Microball worked South Korea and Japan would have made it to the bball Olympics by now wtf.

Why we dont give Justin Patton more mins is beyond me.

#580 roslolian, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    deb4rockets likes this.