1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Oladipo and John Wall don't like Small Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 24, 2021.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

If the Rockets were winning, they would be saying things like "Small ball is fun. Everyone works together to box out, we run and gun and out hustle other teams and it's working".

But when things aren't going so well, suddenly it's the strategy is to blame. Textbook winners bias.

As as aside, I don't love small ball either but that's not the reason why things aren't going so hot at the moment lol

3. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Nobody likes small ball.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

<Justin Patton enters the chat>

you don’t need big guys to run PNR and when they do have a big guy in there they wave him off in favor of iso ball.

what is it going to be? Silas confuses me with what he is trying to execute out there on both sides and the players just sound like they’re making excuses for their own bad play.

fattz, jacoby, lakersuck2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this whole season is a joke

don’t even worry Dipo, hopefully you’re gone in a few weeks

As for Wall, I don’t like when franchise players keep talking while producing nothing but L’s and bad basketball.

6. riko

riko Member

Hey Johnny boy how about you dish out more then 3 assists and run the team like a playmaker instead of inefficient fing scrub ass bum? Then come out here and blow your gums? He is always yapping

#6 riko, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    saleem, Nook, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The small ball reboot is extremely disappointing.

kjayp, ramotadab and pr0wler like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Small ball isnt inherently bad, you just have to have the personnel to run it.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what you call losing the team.

Everything Silas does will be questioned by the players because the results are this losing streak.

when people mock 'culture' and all that this is what happens when you lose, no one trusts the coach, and if we are lucky to land a top 4 pick we'll be throwing a rookie player on a team where the vets that we have (unless they are all moved) might not trust the coach...

I don't love small ball either though but Wall's rich with his "Rolling big" quote...as if he'll throw that oop to a rolling big lol.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Do they like basketball? They're trash.

I'm happy they're committed to the tank but at least boost your counting stats so you can be traded for more than a second round pick.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and s3ts like this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Them both speaking about this is not a coincidence. I for one am glad they're talking. It's a stupid way to play basketball that works when you have generational guards and lights out three point shooters, and even then barely. Right now it is failing pathetically and killing whatever shot we might have to win games otherwise. The gifting of Allen to the Cavs is a total joke.

12. Mr. Space City

wall prefers a rolling big?

i couldn't tell the way he froze out wood when he was healthy, and waived off picks.

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

"Not having fun."

ramotadab and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

With 6 min to go in the 4th and Rockets almost down by 10, Silas decides to continue sitting Wall and Dipo. Everything Rockets are doing seems to be towards tanking so I hope this whole small ball nonsense is part of the tanking strategy.

fattz and Corrosion like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kind of like they throwing the coach and gm under the bus

Rocket River

saleem, jboslett, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They don’t like to pass out of PnR either. They use PnR to jump into iso (just the drive part of PnR)

hakeem94, fattz, csnerd84 and 2 others like this.
  17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

They don’t like playing small ball but what’s the point of a pnr with a big if they never used it. Oladipo just gets a pick and isolates for Brick three or miss layup or long two. Same for Wall. Why are they complaining if they love to iso like if they were Harden or something.

saleem, pr0wler and D-rock like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

He just wants Wood out there as a decoy again. That’s how he was using Wood before the injury.

19. riko

riko Member

Yep. Wall also publicly bashed C Wood for his conditioning right after his injury. Nothing new with this guy

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

pffft. Wall isn't even utilizing a rolling big man correctly, just wants to pad his stats.

Leader my ass, all i see is him btching.

saleem, banzai, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.