1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is painful to watch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robjos, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Losing is one thing
    But
    Losing by 10+ though.
    Not even looking competitive

Rocket River

s3ts likes this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'd love to watch someone start a ****ing fight when we're down 30 and just get thrown out of the game.

That's too much to ask for this shitty team. I think if Silas told them to take some brooms out to clean up the arena, they'll actually start looking for them.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

I remember laughing so hard at OKC, how they lost 3 MVPs.

SMH.

jacoby and Rocket River like this.
  4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Oladipo looks like he’s playing on one leg.

s3ts likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Wall is a career loser man. He was the same in Washington. Marcin Gortart called him out for being selfish

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Painful? Wait until we get the 16th pick from MIA for all our efforts.

Der Rabbi, juanm34, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I never knew much about Wall
    I just knew that Washington seemed like perennial under achievers

Rocket River

8. riko

riko Member

John dosent make his teammates better. This is who has always been

Rocket River likes this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The team next season wil look completely different. We have a lot of one year contracts this year and expirings.

Tucker will be gone, Dipo will be gone, house will be gone, mclemore will be gone, Nwaba will probably be gone because he’s incrased his value

Wood Wall MPJ Gordon Jones are probably the only guaranteed returns along with a couple of first round draftees. If the scouting department does their job and draft bpa and not best tweener I look forward to next season.

Y’all just scared of not having a bonafide superstar. Just so used to Harden(and I’m not saying that’s bad thing) but that era is over like all era come to a conclusion. We’ve gone through the dream era, the franchise era the Yao era and now the harden era. There will be another era and we have plenty assets to make things better. I’m not afraid of growth from the beginnings like the rest of you . Every franchise goes through it. Jsut embrace and move on.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Best case scenario is the Rockets are lucky enough to get one of the top three picks and grab one of the lead guards that can turn the ship around quick. Wall somehow shows enough value to get off the last year of his and the team goes into 2023 with two all-star caliber players in Cade/Jaylen and Wood along with cap space for two max contracts.

Of course, that's the absolute best case scenario. More likely the Rockets scratch and claw to make the play-in so Tilman can scrounge up a few extra bucks, lose, swap the 10th pick for the 20th, Stone is forced to give up picks to get off Wall and Gordon's contracts, and the cycle of mediocrity and luxury tax savings continues. The Nets threepeat.

The garbage fire starts at the very top and the Rockets will need immense luck to overcome the stupidity and cheapness of Tilman Fettitta.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If this is the new bona fide... I really like it. Boba Fett approves.

lakersuck2, Tfor3 and mac_got_this like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

It's only painful if you write how you feeling on posts.. Keep fighting the trend.. Lol

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So true. I remember the years between Hakeem and Harden...

[​IMG]

14. riko

riko Member

The future for the foreseeable time period won’t be good. Only Wood and Tate are going to be part of the next good Rockets team

#34 riko, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Rocket River and B-Bob like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah, we are gonna be trash for awhile. We need to secure high draft picks and those Nets picks literally wont matter till like 2026 and who knows what the Nets will look like then.

s3ts likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The only good thing about this season, other than Wood and Tate, is that it's a shortened season...

juanm34, B-Bob, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Embrace the tank.
    Trade everyone (especially career losers like Wall and Oladipo) the first chance you get.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

I sure hope the tank pays off. Most teams I've seen tanking stay stuck tanking and no free agent worth a lick wants to go there unless it's to be overpaid and then demand a trade as the team that overpaid them predictably sucks again. I've got no confidence in Fertits as an owner and I think neither do the players.

s3ts likes this.
  19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if the nets aren’t broken up in two years. Superteams stay long together. Mai is only 4 years, Boston 4 years, GSW with Durant 3 years. Even kyrie and Lebron only lasted three years together

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

People say we shouldn’t be this bad without Wood. There may be some truth to that, but it shows how special he is.
    For me, bc we had WOW success, it makes the 9 game skid exponentially more difficult.

if after Harden left we immediately became the worst team in the league, that would have been more palatable.