1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is painful to watch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robjos, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Robjos

Robjos Member

Listen, I have been a long term fan through up and down but this is just horrible to watch, every game is another showing that this team cant even win a dam game with only missing Wood. Its embarrassing and even though there have been bright spots it is just head-scratching that this team is getting blown out in 8 of their last 9 games. Even with Woods I don't see much upside in this group and even though i might be jumping the gun but its been a while since we experienced anything similar... Sorry if you think it is a useless thread, I have been a member here long enough to have the privilege of expressing my opinion.

[​IMG]

2. riko

riko Member

John wall the point guard and as the supposed leader is supposed to set an example but instead he plays like an selfish inefficient chucker .

3. Robjos

Robjos Member

Sometimes ignores the whole team just to jack some **** up... its stressful he definitely cannot carry a team on his own for a few games... empty stats...

Velcromium, riko, Rocket_ph and 3 others like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

I'm just glad we keep losing

Magicsaint, malakas, KDavis and 12 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Already painful? This is nothing compared to what's in store for the future

tc0330, malakas, SamFisher and 9 others like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Yep he is nothing more then a inefficient iso ball player wanna be . Selfish . He was freezing Wood out regularly as well.

Velcromium likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

they’ve quit on the season...Silas is probably getting tuned out

guys like Wall and Dipo are just trying to fulfill their individual agendas

I just hope the Rockets are mapping out a solid vision for the future...Tanking is a must, but what type of team are u gonna try and build? What is the style of play that u want to establish?

If we keep our pick, the guy we draft is gonna be playing on the worst shooting team in the league in an offense that generates garbage shots and has little in the way of passing and ball movement? Lord have mercy if selfish Wall is running the show thinking he’s the franchise. That’s setting the rookie up to fail.

8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Actually, this is probably going to be the only painful season we’re going to experience moving forward.

We’re not even rebuilding yet. We’re in the teardown phase. It’s painful watching old washed up vets and a roster with no hope. But that changes on 3/25 after we trade everyone and go young.

Watching KPJ and KJ Martin develop, along with whoever we draft the next two years will be fun.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. this is far from the only painful season you're going to experience. youre kidding yourself if you believe things flip in merely a few months time from one season to the next. the rockets are going to suck for a very long time, this is nothing

10. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

When one door closes, another one opens. Nobody here likes losing. A lot of guys here are just being sarcastic coz we hate losing and that's why we keep on nagging about how bad they are. Just enjoy the ride and at least we have TATE

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That is a very optimistic view, hopefully you are right. It is hard for me to be excited over what we have in the current pipeline. KPJ originally I thought would benefit from some solid vets and Lucas maybe, but now in our current state and with vets headed out, I don't see how this is a better situation than Cleveland.

12. HardenVolumeOne

the sad part about the nba is unlike the nfl and mlb we still aren’t guaranteed the number 1 pick if we tank. The only saving grace is that this season is shortened and we won’t be forced to watch a full 82 games of this

juanm34 and BallSoHarden like this.
  13. sydmill

sydmill Member

Totally agree with this. The fun times are on the near horizon where the Rockets are building towards relevance. The next few drafts, trade deadlines and free agencies are going to be very fun for Rockets fans I think.

Mr Woods likes this.
  14. jacoby

jacoby Member

I agree OP. Bleak is the word that comes to mind when I think of this the roster and the team's current outlook. We have OKC taking our lunch money the next few years and Wood is just going to leave when his short contract expires if this team sucks.

If I were the front office I'd trade Wall for Blake and speed this tanking process along so we can get back to where we need to be quicker. I hope Rafel is active this deadline because the roster doesn't make any sense.

s3ts likes this.
  15. sydmill

sydmill Member

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

painful? nothing can hurt us. we bullet proof

[​IMG]

juanm34, dreamshakin, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wall has been bad, really bad.

Worse than Westbrook and I was on board this season saying he should be better than Westbrook but Russ don't freeze out teammates like Wall has been doing and the Wizards were just as bad as the Rockets were to start the season and Russ never gave up on his team. Tryhardbrook > Wall.

I feel like Wall all year long has been trying his best to prove he's a 'franchise' player instead of just doing what's best for the team.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol touche. In all seriousness, I am wondering if being in a horrible city is beneficial since there are limited distractions, but then again you have all of these pent up NBA baller things to do which you end up doing on the road. Houston offers things to do without the pressure or extreme distractions/media of NY/LA/Miami, who knows could be the perfect balance for the right guy to develop.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Get in the tank, stupid. We have a lottery to win. [​IMG]

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'll tell you why this sucks for the real fans...
    • Not fun to watch
    • No effort/spirit except for like 2-3 players
    • Boneheaded plays like missing layups
    • No hope in sight
    True fans can sit through shitty records by clinging onto like... maybe ONE of those things being not a factor.