1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I can't take the credit, it's been shared here at least once. But it does explain a lot.

D-rock likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yes to all of this, and props to @Nook and @YOLO @Deuce for continuously trying to set the record straight. "Harden forced CP3 out" is the casuals' perspective, as there's easily googled evidence out there proving otherwise. Not only was Tilman responsible for deciding to go through with that horrendous trade, he had the temerity to actually BRAG about how he had overridden his GM and FO because they had "cold feet" about it. Of course they had cold feet, it was the worst trade in Rockets history.

One thing that gets overlooked in all this is that the moment Tilman forced Morey to pull the trigger on that trade was likely the first point at which Morey thought, "I'm not sure I want to work for this a-hole." One season later, he was done. So all the Morey haters out there should be absolutely thrilled with the Westbrook for CP3 and our future trade.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's not fair to say Boogie was a net negative. He was here on a minimum contract and was our backup center (until Wood's injury, of course). In a little over 20 minutes a game, he averaged 9.6/7.6 with 2.4 assists. Those aren't bad numbers for a backup center, but everyone compares him to the guy he used to be.

It is fair, though, to say he was a horrible fit and that releasing him was better for both parties.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't see same articles about Mason Jones, Danuel House, Iman Shumpert, James Ennis, Ben McLemore etc... Boogie was still geting back in shape, when he had his spring this season he looked very good for vet min contract. But I came to conclusion there's no point to watch Rockets until 2021 draft. They tank and can't blame them, but this **** is unwatchable right now and its obvious they try to not win games

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would you see articles about any of them. None of them are considered higher profile names. nobody cares about them

The getting back in shape is nonsense. We've been hearing that for way too long. He is who he is after all the injuries hes gone through. That's just reality and you're at the midway point of the season. It isn't a getting in shape issue. That's just the way his body has deteriorated. He isn't getting his lift back. He's never been fast and is slower now as a results of his injuries. None of that is a game shape issue

#685 YOLO, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    joshuaao, D-rock and topfive like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

BINGO!

joshuaao, D-rock, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought Boogie played fine, lift or not.

sirjesse likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I made a point of putting it in my signature so the holistic view of the Rockets current situation since Tilman bought the team is not over looked. And it still gets overlooked by many. You have to evaluate the entire book, not just the last handful of pages in the final chapter.

joshuaao, vator, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I appreciate those who are setting the record straight. However, with the way NBA coverage has gone, it's pretty difficult to separate fact from fiction. Much like pretty much all news coverage these days it's all anonymous sources, over-sensationalized stories, provocative headlines, etc. For instance, there were no shortage of headlines like these:

Report: Chris Paul demanded trade after Rockets’ second round loss
    Report: James Harden Was Behind Rockets Trading Chris Paul to Thunder
    Rockets star James Harden wanted Chris Paul out of Houston prior to trade with Thunder, per report
    Sources: Chris Paul wants out as relationship with James Harden deemed ‘unsalvageable’

So yeah, I think it's pretty easy to be skeptical/uninformed about what really happened when that's the kind of coverage we get. Again, much respect to those who are trying to get to the bottom of it, but no need to call guys who have probably been posting here for years "casuals." More likely, they simply don't have the time or patience to sift through the enormous piles of excrement that emanate from the tabloid news media.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

This goes back to old news and people that just haven't done the research. You literally cited the same Vincent Goodwill fake news in all your links. He was discussed on this board more than enough both during that time and after and his reports were proven to be a bunch of bs.

Here's just one of them and by no surprise @Deuce Even guys like Austin Rivers said over and over how dumb and fake goodwill's reports were

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/kprc-james-harden-speaks-about-chris-paul.300515/

#690 YOLO, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Like I said, I appreciate those who are setting the record straight. I was just showing how it's pretty understandable how fans can get wrong information with the ways news is reported. I won't stop you from calling Rockets fans casuals though who don't "research" things to a certain level.

It was great when Christian Wood said it to Shaq, but I think "casuals" has officially jumped the shark. Went from funny to pretentious in record time.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

People who blamed Harden for CP3 leaving need to question themselves. Why? Harden never came out publicly saying he wanted CP3 gone or Westbrook here. It was Tilman who publicly admitted wanting Westbrook to be a Rocket. In every interview he talked about that 5%. When he first became the owner he said he was going to let Morey and staff make decisions with the roster and stay out of the way. He should have shut up and listened.

riko and D-rock like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

I had major injury, you can get back. But it takes time... not week or month. Basically he should be playing for about time he was sidelined to get back most of what he had. I dont think Boogie can regain his fit if hes not regulary playing for a season

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

your major injury reference is irrelevant here

not from the ones Cousins has suffered you don't. he either learns how to adjust to his body's limitations or he doesn't. being in game shape has nothing to do with it.

D-rock likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cousins played to the best of his abilities with his Achilles injury. What bothers me is he joined Houston when he wanted to be on a contender from the very beginning. Wall is his buddy. I can understand he wanted to play with him but Harden didn't want to stay from the start and John too has been coming off a similar injury to Cousins as well. Perhaps nobody else wanted him and he was desperate to play, but I wish he would have sat out and waited for a contender instead of asking to leave.

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

He was a rocket that stayed on the launchpad.

D-rock likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That contender might not call.

"Here the fortunate ones through GM desperation or luck might obtain exit visas ---- er, that is, a new contract, and scurry to Lisbon ----er, a real team, and from that contender to the New Wor--no!, um, a championship.

But the others wait in Casablanca---g**damnit, I mean, Houston..........and wait...and wait...and wait."

saleem likes this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Do I wish we did? yea. Do I wish we gave up the deal you got for him? No. 4 1st rounders and 3 swaps was too much for my liking. If it was a different deal with brown as a centerpiece and like 2 1sts, sure.

Icehouse and JayGoogle like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've been wondering this too from Boston and Philly and Heat fans.

I think at least Boston fans had a lot more reason to pass on the deal. Brown especially was balling at the time.

But Heat fans were the most disrespectful, these dudes really were like "Maybe Duncan...definitely not Herro..."

Boston84 and Rocket River like this.