1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brodric Thomas Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He's better than Kurucs.

Verbal Christ, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So many players the Rockets need to trade away. It is Half of the Roster

Victor Oladipo
    P.J Tucker
    Eric Gordon
    Danuel House
    Ben McLemore
    Rodions Kurucs
    John Wall - maybe
    Demarcus Cousins included with Wall Trade

The Rockets need to add more players from the Vipers

Kevin Porter Jr., Armoni Brooks, Huestes, Brodric Thomas, Ray Spalding and more

The Rockets need a Real Tryout after the Trade Deadline to really see who can play in the NBA.

#22 rockets1995, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Dankstronaut, kevtse and Shark44 like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'll be happy if we can trade 3-4 of the above list. I have to believe Wall and Cousins are here for this year, and frankly I think they're good to nhave for the youngin's to learn from.

If I prioritize players that must go, I see it like this...
    1A - Oladipo; waiting on date he can be combined with another player or two and hoping he gets his game into some kind of form that makes a contender see his value. At least one first with minimum protections and a solid young player.
    1B - Tucker; his value is slipping slightly, he needs to play less, not more to reduce injury probability. Two 2nds or one 2nd and a young developmental guy. Could be combined with Vic.
    2 - House; dude runs so hot and cold, wish he would put together a streak of consistency so that someone would fall in love with his good traits. A 2nd and/or a developmental guy. Could be combined with Vic.
    3 - McLemore; hired gun for sale; could be a decent 3pt bench guy for a contender.
    4 - Gordon; he's actually having a decent year (knock on wood), so selling high would be wise, just not sure what kind of value could be extracted. There are teams that could use his scoring and versatile defensive abilities, just not sure they'll want to sign up for his length of contract.

kevtse, DCkid and rockets1995 like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I assumed this was coming .... wonder why it took so long ?!

They really need to free up a roster spot or two ...

D-rock likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

meanwhile kurucs has yet to show even a 3sec stretch of court time worthy of an nba roster spot

7. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

This is annoying. Rebuilding teams like us shouldn't be just losing young players with potential like that.

8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I heard Kurucs makes great nachos. He puts cheese above AND below the chips. That might be it.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's hasn't been very good even in the G-League (takes too many contested shots and is a bit of black hole on offense) so far but he's definitely better than Kurucs has been.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I disagree.

BT had best +/- the last few games.

Rockets should have protected him by signing Mase to 15 and re-signing BT to 2 way.

Stupid move.

Stone needs to make up for this by signing Dragan Bender to Vipers.

And Bruno Caboclo.

Vipers are dying without a big that can rim protect AND is threat from perimeter.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Do you watch the games? He’s nothing special. KPJ, KJM and Armoni Brooks are all better. The team is unremarkable.

I wouldn’t sign anyone to that 15th spot unless it’s 2 for 1 trade. Jones hasn’t been great either.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

but but but Kurocs contract may be needed to balance trade $s?

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wouldn’t waive him either. No use in eating the contract.

xiki likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have watched every game.

BT is not a star but he is critical role player that can do everything on the court at better than average level.

BT is above average passer, driver, finisher, rebounder, scorer, 3ball shooter and very good iso defender.

In the Vipers wins, BT has averaged a double double.

Every successful team needs players like this. It's no accident that he has been a consistent starter on the Vipers.

Even when he was with the Rockets his +/- was the best of the young guns.

treyk3 likes this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Good move by the Cavs, I'd still rather spend a two way deal on Armoni, he excels at hitting the open 3 and cut his teeth under Kelvin Sampson so you know he hustles and rebounds.