1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I still think Miami team makes more sense. That team has lots of picks, and he would like to go over there to start his new career.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The Jets have more and better picks. Of course it’s a better team, but if Watson is ok with the Jets you take the Jets.

Htown Legend likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not saying he won't do this, because Cal is stupid, but it seems HIGHLY unlikely he'd trade DW to an AFC team that "just" needs a QB to compete.

Especially considering they play the Dolphins in 2021 - granted on the road. They play the Jets, too, and its at home... but the Jets probably will be meh'ish after that trade.

4. ktex

ktex Member

It's Jets or nothing. Well or Jax but that's not happening.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, the Jets trade is better for Houston, but maybe not good for Watson, so he can say no, then stupid Carl will sit him for whole season?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Just the team. Now he can certainly ask about the terms but in absolutely no way do you let him dictate them.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, that’s a possibility

raining threes likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've never believed watson wanted to got to the jets. complete east coast media hype imo. The Jets are as big a dumpster fire as the texans. No talent, no picks, incompetent franchise. I dont think deshaun wants to go from the worst franchise in football to the 2nd worst, or the 2nd worst to the worst, depending on your perspective.

raining threes likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Most of the teams he’s been rumored to have liked outside of Miami(and they haven’t been good in a long time) and 9ers are not very good.
    Jets, Panthers, Broncos are all bad teams.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Maybe he believes in Saleh that much? Maybe the Texans not even giving Saleh the time of day made an impact on Deshaun enough for him to make it a point to show he can succeed there? Fact is a team with Deshaun Watson is only a good defense away from being a contender.

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting blurb from Mike Lombardi (Athletic) in a Big Ben article "
    Patriots South using their national contacts to alter the narrative?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. raining threes

Or report the truth.

Tell me what wasn't truthful about that blurb?

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say it was misleading, just a random non sequitur in an article about Big Ben.

Also, I fully endorse the media calling out the Watson camp on their approach as much as they (correctly) should call out the Texans for their ineptitude in getting to this point with D4.

cbass and raining threes like this.
  14. raining threes

The way I see it is most dont realize this but Watson's camp is doing the Texans or a favor by forcing them to rebuild. Hopefully they can do it correctly this time since they got the original build wrong. With that said, I dont like how the Watson camp is doing business. It's disrespectful to treat a family that you were just four months ago speaking of glowingly and gave you 111 million guaranteed they way Watson, Mulagetta are treating the McNair's and I would never draft a Mulagetta client again because of this.

15. Sanity2disChaos

Sounds emotional and silly. They gave him 111 million!? Wish someone would just give me that kind of money.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Players EARN their contracts. Even sillier when certain fans think that the franchise is owed anything more than the player living up to it in terms of performance which by any metric Watson was doing and would continue to do if the franchise wouldnt have managerially imploded.

Nobody accounted for an NFL team turning into a church and how that would impact players who value legacy and professional accomplishment over being a "nice guy" and winning "the right way".

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  17. ragingryno

ragingryno Member

How about another Pi$$ed off guy named Russel

18. ragingryno

ragingryno Member

Virtually same skill set, same money, win win for both Sea and Hou.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You assume the Texans can build or "rebuild" an NFL Team. I really don't think they want to win unless the locker room looks a certain way. This is not about an agent, it's about the Texans. Players come & go, agents hang around for YEARS with multiple clients. Saying you don't want a player because his agent is an ass isn't smart. It's kind of their job.

#419 TEXNIFICENT, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  20. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I 100% agree with this. Poor management got us to the point where we have a bottom 5 roster in the league, no cap room, and no draft assets. Yet we didn't really change out any of the poor management (except for B.O.B.) and somehow this is who people say we should "rebuild with"....

I understand Caserio hasn't been here for long, but the minute he came in, and didn't relegate Easterby to holding a cardboard sign on Kirby, he got lumped in with the rest of em'. At this point, the only thing a rebuild can do is provide us false hope that things will get better.... I hope I'm wrong, but we could very well turn into the Lions.... a team that perennially wins 5-6 games/year that no one expects anything great out of other than playing spoiler every now and then.