1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This all day. It's not an accident that they are trying to re-write history because they know they HAVE TO in order to hold their FoxNews viewers and keep them voting for the anti-democratic fascistic Trumper party platform.

They know they have no time between now, and Nov 2022 to reform their party. They need to hold firm their base which with Gerrymandering, and voter suppression might just be enough to gain back the Senate and House. They need their viewers/voters to believe they are still the heroes and that their cause is righteous.

That's why January 6th is such an important inflection point. It completely destroyed the notion that they are the heroes, and was an eye opening experience that they are what we all know they were becoming which is a radicalized fascistic party that promotes political terrorism driving by propagated lies and conspiracy. The party of Trump MUST re-write January 6th at any cost, or drive enough conspiracy theories that it was a false flag operation in order to keep their voters believing THEY ARE THE HEROES in this story, and not clearly in a terrorist organization.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I've said before that I don't have any idea what QAnon is and I don't plan to follow them or give them any support. I have also denounced the Jan 6th incident and everyone involved. That was terrible. I also have never said the election was stolen but I did have questions as I assume everyone does with every election especially one as different as 2020. Biden is doing his thing and it's understandable as elections have consequences. I don't believe he is beyond reproach though.

Dubious, B-Bob and dobro1229 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Actually no one really had questions about the voting tallies in 2016. There were a couple of recounts but that was due to states reaching that .5% margin threshold where a recount is warranted just to make sure.

So you saying that "you had questions" means you were calling for that qanon level conspiracy bs. You were beliving the claims of Trump campaign employees who were observers at face value with no intellectual curiousty behind whether their claims were credible. The only reason why you wanted to believe them at the time is because you wished to believe them.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does that include those that incited it from the Republican party? Does that include all the Republicans who voted not to impeach the leader of the charge, Trump himself? If not, then you really can't say you denounce everyone involved, either as part of the charge, or those who stood by watching it happen, or did nothing to make sure it doesn't happen again by voting to impeach.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Also how much at fault do you believe Trump was for the Jan 6 insurrection?

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. dobro1229

Thank you for that. However we all know that you know about QAnon. It is a major part of your party platform. I'm sure you have many friends on facebook that post the #saveourchildren stuff. That's QAnon. When Gregg Abbott posts disinformation without evidence about Biden releasing child sex abuse criminals into Texas... that is QAnon driven propaganda. It's a daily driven thing with countless examples daily. You are coming in contact with QAnon if you are Republican voter, and you either just don't know it, or you are being coy about it. But it is impossible to separate the Republican party from it. It is a major part of the agenda, and voter drive out.

Obviously I don't expect you or every Republican to have to apologize for everything that is part of your party, but it is part of your party we expect Republican voters to need to deal with with us to have a functioning Democracy. This country needs a healthy conservative party, and that just wont happen if the actual voters just look the other way, play coy, or live in denial.

deb4rockets and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

I mean when literal polling says a majority of Republicans believe that Antifa was responsible for Jan 6, it's a mainstream Republican view at that point.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And a cult.

Pathetic how easily they believe the lies of Trump and his slurp- er, sycophants.

Reminds me of how many people in my life who've said they don't like to read or reading is a waste of time. Is critical thinking a waste of time?

DVauthrin, deb4rockets and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. dobro1229

I wonder what the polling would have looked like in 2002 if you polled all Taliban members and asked them in polling question, who do you think is more responsible for 9/11:

-Islamic Al Qaeda supported by the Taliban
    or
    -Jews, Russians, or other foreign actors

I wonder what that polling would have looked like. Supporters of the Taliban probably thought or think they were the good guys before 9/11 when they supported an anti-American movement. Many also likely chanted "death to America" at rallies, or political events thinking it was just a political slogan.

Everyone wants to believe they are the heroes of their own story. EVERYONE. It's as simple as that and FoxNews knows that, and won't for a second use every minute of airtime between now and November of next year to re-write history about January 6th. The more their viewers/voters believe their cause is righteous, the more likely it is they'll show up, and donate every cent they have to Trump's pac which is basically the only small dollar donation income they have outside of right wing billionaires and corporations.... which basically tells you everything you need to know there about the importance of Trump to the Republican party infrastructure.

deb4rockets and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe its bigger in other parts of the country but I have never seen one fb post about qanon or been to their webpage. I heard about the representative that spouted their stuff but that's it. It may not be a prevalent as the MSM makes it seem.

11. dobro1229

Again, I know you see it. It's everywhere. Conservatives that you interact with, FoxNews, and the Facebook posts you see daily don't call themselves QAnon, but it's obviously QAnon. That's my point. Of course you and your conservative friends don't tell each other "Hey... check out this new QAnon video."

However Gregg Abbott... John Cornyn... these are not Marjorie Taylor Greene Republicans, and they have openly trafficked this stuff. FoxNews does as well. This is part of the living in denial, or being coy with Trumpism that Republican voters live in that is EXACTLY what we are talking about.

The MSM doesn't have to tell me a damn thing about QAnon. All I have to do is look at Facebook, and do 2 seconds of fact checking on the next claim about Democrats that not so subtlety winks at a tie to Child Sex Trafficking or any of the other numerous faux conspiracy theories.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

Do you believe Joe Biden is a pedophile?

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Seriously? Its not like the qanon movement hasn't been linked to trump in the past:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would guess that the vast majority of voters don't attend political rallies. I really have no interest in exploring this QAnon fad.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

16. fchowd0311

The majority of Republicans still believe the election was fraudulent. You don't need to attend rallies to hold dangerously infactual information.

And yes a lot of Americans not beliving in our election vore counts is dangerous. Democracy only world if people believe in it.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

superfob, No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I’m glad you’re posting about **** that happened before I was alive. It just displays continued attempts to reduce or deflect a terrible event in our country’s history that’s less than 60 days old. Way to go.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did the President tell them he loved them afterwards?

No Worries likes this.