1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. AWIN

AWIN Member

Feels like SQ and TSLA are just gonna follow what BTC does from this point forward.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

3. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

The market totally fell flat on the two new Chamath PIPE deals today. Maybe the Chamath SPAC hype is over? He certainly has a ton of pressure to deliver on IPOD and IPOF now or else his reputation is tarnished. Personally I'm trying to unwind and take profits in my assigned SPAC positions that I don't have heavy LT conviction like SoFi and Metromile.

Sajan and saitou like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ETSY dipping. Earnings report Friday.

I believe in that company and the advertising they've been doing. If the market doesn't crash I see them continuing to grow the stock price. So... the question is.... why is it dropping? Market-making shenanigans? Or does somebody know something?

Tempted to buy the dip. But I hate adding more of a well-known company this close to an ER.

saitou likes this.
  5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

@saitou if you’re still holding rei. It’s moving today. I’m personally going to keep holding, hope i don’t regret it but I like it outperforming

saitou likes this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Nice push here past 2.5. 2.7+ possible nowbut could see it trace back

saitou likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

so far this AM, looks like shortists are trying to take it down, but not enough bears to control the trading action.
    but it is down a bit this AM---showing what appears to be a bullish harami---so i sold another bullish PUT spread

[​IMG]
    o_O, elaborate

saitou likes this.
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

These warrants seem cheap tho, many pre announcements SPACs have warrants above $3, and this seems promising with wmt connection. Reasonable valuation. Swing trade for me.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ain't nobody interested in his PIPE lol
    We are waiting for IPOD and IPOF.
    I am adding back into IPOE during the dips because I believe SoFi is here to stay. My brother in law casually mentioned yest he was looking at refinancing and he found a good rate through SoFi.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

NET biz model is to have their physical hardware at the datacentres of local isp, at 200 locations. At the most basic level this is how they can provide super low latency cdn services worldwide regardless of origin. The extra value and y I'm invested is they are innovative in adding a lot of extra services on top of that at small incremental cost since hardware already in place - ddos protection, edge compute, etc. They already have a big user base, my company of 6k staff in Singapore uses them, even dear ziggy here uses them, it's just a matter of providing more paid services, and if u follow their blog they keep adding new stuff every other month.

Spacex system of using satellites to beam data down directly to users could disrupt the isp model, especially in rural areas. There are YouTube videos already of people testing it out, need to use a small dish. I'm not sure where NET would fit in such a model. To be clear spacex dominance on internet isn't clear cut either. In urban environments like Singapore, I doubt it will be faster than fibre with all the interference from high rise buildings, and they still need to launch a more satellites for global coverage.

Npa is even more ambitious, they want to beam 5g direct to phones from space lol.

adoo likes this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

can't keep a great stock down, a handle built upon the original handle to the coffee cup​

[​IMG]

~ a wk ago, in sympathy to the overall market rotation, SDGR tanked close to 9 pt;
    since then it has recovered and trading at a new all-time high, heading to the 4 Mar ERS

saitou likes this.
  13. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Glad that this deal is finally official. This is a long-term hold for me because the mgmt team seems legit and they're the first company to get Agility Prime approval by the Air Force so they are legit and proven. What gives them an edge over other eVTOL companies is their aircraft can fit 5 people including the pilot and has a longer range than most. The weakness of most other eVTOLs from what I've seen is they only fit 1-3 people including the pilot, which is not a viable product for taxi service.

saitou likes this.
  14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Every day is a new day. Yes!

saitou and Sajan like this.
  15. Beezy

Beezy Member

GME memes are back.

saitou, MexAmercnMoose and AWIN like this.
  16. AWIN

AWIN Member

Stonks are back on the menu boys!

saitou, MexAmercnMoose and Sajan like this.
  17. MexAmercnMoose

lmao GME, reddit also down

Sajan likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did institutional GME-short-sellers shave their winnings earlier in the week (the "pullback") to cover the losses today? Geez. GME really might be "squozing".

MexAmercnMoose, Sajan and AWIN like this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

GME is going up and reddit is down. Nice. Not any coincidence or anything.

Sajan likes this.
  20. Beezy

Beezy Member