1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like i said earlier something didn’t smell right - Cousins would say himself if he was unhappy not through some media mouthpiece

sirjesse and Nook like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Said this before, I’ve lost track of how many times you’ve had to repeat this old news dating back to the summer of 2019 and it’s full breakdown. For many of us that actually pay attention on a regular basis, this is such old news. Props to you for having the patience to having repeat yourself. It’s even part of @Deuce signature since then when it was originally posted that went into much further detail. Not sure if it’s still there though

For the casuals who still don't have their information correct years later because they just haven't done the research and just like to assume. This goes 100% along with all the public woj/insider information from the summer of 2019. Some of yall really need to quit acting like you got it all figured out with your fake news

#642 YOLO, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    cdastros, Nook, tmacman and 2 others like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He sucked, the Rockets didn't like that he sucked, and dropped him - but they did guarantee his contract - so it is not like they did anything to hurt the guy, they just moved on and gave him a bonus.

DD

DCHAMP likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I hate saying this, I have been a Rockets fan since I was 5 years old... but this is just bad.

Rockets guarantee Cousins and tell everyone they did it to demonstrate they take care of players.

Rockets release Cousins after not being able to trade him.

Silas has a cringeworthy press conference basically saying Cousins is unplayable. He could have left that part out.

Either way... the story should end there..

NOPE Tilman to the rescue... he has to use McMahon to smear, completely undoing any perceived goodwill AND he had to do it to the one guy that will actually shoot back.

So now the release of a player that the Rockets guaranteed has backfired on them. How inept.

CCity Zero, topfive, Deuce and 12 others like this.
  5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Didn’t know you were still here. Random question. Do you wish y’all would have traded for Harden?

D-rock likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the extremely sad part is to use an example to demonstrate they take care of players (that we knows is complete bs), they use a measly minimum deal as an example. and this is after offloading harden's supermax off the books as if salary is even an issue. There's no longer a hard cap or any of that to worry about and it isn't even close. Boy what a proven example of taking care of players there lol. The rockets state is so bad that people are at the point of having to be in praise of guaranteeing a whopping $2 mil dollar minimum deal. just wow at the dark times

#646 YOLO, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    D-rock, Nook and clos4life like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I know, it is so transparent and predictable. It is insulting except at this point it is still working on some fans.

Running to McMahon to bash former players, coaches and front office staff as soon as the walk out the door is not what a good organization does.

The book is out and the NBA is a small community.. this isn’t going to work.

Boston84, Deuce, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Some people insist on relating everything to some narrative or another.

Boogie sucked and was unplayable, we waived him because of that.

Of course he was unhappy with his role, he’s boogie, he’s perpetually unhappy. I’ll garauntee you he still walks around believing he can average 25 and 12.

napalm06, DaDakota and jiggyfly like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

McMahon is a MFFL Dallas douche who acts like all the NBA nephews. Dude loves to **** stir H-Town, don't believe a word he says about us.

apollo33 and D-rock like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

meh. losing harden and seeing the man excel happily somewhere else has numb the pain to whatever fkery going on with this sht franchise.

Im just gonna take the Ls and pray that we have someone to look forward to draft.

I still stand by the theory, Tilman issued the order to secretly tank. Harden, MDA, WB and Morey said no way and bailed out.
    Cousins was a combination of suckage and avoiding tank duty.

#650 DatRocketFan, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  11. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Sweet now we can sign Gerald Green

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think that sums it up right there and I think he is currently just seeing what he has.

I have no idea why some are so fascinated by Mason Jones if he lost confidence because he got his playing time cut he is not long for the NBA he will always be fringe guy who needs to be ready when called upon, as forBen he is what he is a streaky journeyman player that should just be happy he has a spot.

I really don't think he has really implemented his "system" and was doing things to maximize winning, I am not judging him with half the team trying to show of for other teams and how injuries have led to so many lineup changes.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And Cousins would say himself if these are not true.

So which is it?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nobody is happy when their career is over, he needs to reinvent himself as a role player.

DD

15. Nook

Nook Member

Cousins did say that it isn't true after the report came out.

CCity Zero, D-rock, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are still fans that say we are cutting Cousins because we are tanking.

Lol no. Cousins is Atlanta Hawks TMac. People have a hard time letting go.

17. Nook

Nook Member

No people don't like being stabbed in the back by their employer on the way out the door.

Cousins has and is looking for a reserve role on a contender and after they release him the Rockets went to McMahon and claimed he wasn't happy as a back up, essentially sabotaging his employment chance. An allegation which he has denied.

I am not DeMarcus Cousins fan, never have been and I am not claiming he is some wonderful person...... but the handling of something as minor as moving on from a player in a reserve role has been butchered, which has become common place for the Rockets ownership.

CCity Zero, D-rock, topfive and 4 others like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Tilman basically did the same thing to Dantoni. It's like he always has to have the last word. He models himself like an inept Southern mafia boss.

D-rock, HP3 and ROXTXIA like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Tilman: "I know you are but what am I?"
    Napalm06: "What? That doesn't make sense.:
    Tilman: "Yeah, right."
    Napalm06: "What is wrong with you?"
    Tilman: "Nothing. What's wrong with you?"
    Napalm06: "This isn't worth it. Let's drop it. As I was saying---"
    Tilman: "'Drop' what? You started it!"

CCity Zero, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The fact that we can still this kinda drama regarding releasing a min player says everything about this org

HP3, jiggyfly and Nook like this.