1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Which one of yall with balls of steel is going to buy a ton of calls on a big dipper tomorrow? WKHS leaps anyone?

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Why did it go up all of a sudden last June?

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Was tempted to buy shares earlier, but I know nuts about the company other than that contract. Will try to look into it before market opens. Seems like a typical overreaction, but again I know close to nothing about wkhs haha

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

*Phew, I flipped the warrants awhile back, looks like I dodged a bullet

Sajan and Cokebabies like this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

towards the end of day, bought a bullish CALL spread (long May 75/ short Apr 85) and sold a bullish PUT spread (Mar 75/ Mar 80) on this forgotten one, net/net $3.90

NET was down as much as 8 this AM, but made a nice recovery on above avg volume

[​IMG]

that hammer candlestick at the bottom of the latest down trend---closing above the lower channel on above avg volume---indicates a trend reversal to the upside.

iirc, NET's last ERS was on 11 Feb. it beat estimate on all metrics,
    but the guidance was lower-than-expected, and NET was punished for it​

#15365 adoo, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's around the time when they started announcing they had "partnerships" and "deals", etc., I think. They also passed safety standards and Robinhooders started buying it up because ... well, Robinhood. lol. Also, keep in mind this was around the time that NKLA went from $30 or something to $90 in like a couple of days. This was around the time anything "electric" strated ramping up.

saitou likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Lost in all the GME memes was an excellent DD thread.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Don’t. See my post above.

Ziggy, saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Amazing. Any other wsb gems like this? Too much junk to wade thru.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow, this is really thorough and with the contracts they got in on OSK calls and w/ the WKHS puts, those are excellent moves. I need to spend some time on WSBs and find posts like this but usually get sidetracked by the entertaining non-DD posts. I mean I'm sure there's plenty of bad posts there but if someone even took a small bet on this they're way ahead.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah we def need to find one like this. I mean we don't even have to go crazy just a small position. The movement that happened during hours for osk premiums was insane after the news popped.

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Nice catch, if it tanks again at open I'll look at selling puts. I don't talk about sdgr and net as much anymore cos they are just long term holds for me and I don't trade them. In a world where lucid is valued at $60bn, NET at $24bn handling 12% of global internet traffic looks cheap.

My only long term concern with NET is disruption by spacex and npa. Current model builds servers at the local isp's DC, but that might get disrupted eventually. It's the one thing that keeps me up at night, otherwise I truly believe NET can be a multibagger in a few years.

#15372 saitou, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I love people that bother to do research like this but trying to wade through the garbage in WSB and trying to determine who is just pumping and dumping can be a full-time job. Not to mention, I still think many of these "average joes" are just Wall Street types or people trying to convince people to run up stocks. lol. No proof, just a hunch. :D

I decided to not get into WKHS back in the Spring and Summer of last year because what WKHS was initially known for was their electric pickup. But they cancelled their pickup sometime around Spring of last year after they found out it would be too expensive to produce, I believe. As for another oddball connection, you may have heard of Lordstown Motors. I believe Lordstown's CEO was Workhorse's former CEO and Lordstown at one point was licensing the IP of the pickup Workhorse was making for their own pickup. As a matter of fact, I think Workhorse used to have part ownership in Lordstown. I'm not sure if that's still the case since I really don't follow either one much anymore.

Sajan, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo another you should look at it APPS. @Cokebabies has posted on this as well. Picked more up ytd at $69, it's recovered to close at $82. This feels like NET when we first discussed it at $39. Still a lot of high growth ahead of it. Smashed it last qtr. If it tanks at open again I will be adding.

Cokebabies and CCity Zero like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

You want fundamentals? here you go.

Ziggy and AWIN like this.
  19. AWIN

AWIN Member

What did the good Dr have to say about GME for those that are still holding everyone else’s bags? I took some profit and sold off a bunch of trash yesterday to buy some dipping sauces for my tendies when they come.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm short GME from 140's. I started winding down my position this week as other opportunities abound.